jeen-yuhs: A Kanye Trilogy | All Parts Released

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
Yeah, Ye is pretty much self made. No idea how nikkas are seeing this documentary and bigging up Dame. He doesn't look good in this at all.

This documentary is well put together. It was high key cringe having to watch Kanye have to fight to get a deal with his ear for beats and a CLEAR display of above average rapping abilities. I get that The Diplomats and 50 Cent and G Unit was hot at the time but there was not a doubt in my mind that Rocafella only wanted street rappers associated with their brand and wanted Kanye to “stay in his lane”. I’m almost sure that Rawkus passed on him probably due to them not wanting any static with Dame knowing how he is.

I give Kanye a lot of credit, most would have folded so I fully understand his feelings towards people telling him no and trying to box him in. It’s unfortunate that we will probably never get to see a documentary made on how the fashion world tried to get him to stay in his lane as well. It also gives a lot of credence to his outspoken behavior that we see today. Overall, I commend Kanye for not allowing himself to accept “No”, resulting in him surpassing the wealth of all of the so called gate keepers of hip hop at the time combined at thus present day.

Overall, I walked away with the thought that a strong circle of support goes a long way. We need to see more seeds of support for positivity as this is the way towards a very prosperous future despite the challenges that will lie ahead by those who wish to remain in the status quo.

Last edited:

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
I gotta watch part 2 tonight, part 1 was incredible. Kanye is a visionary, and maybe the most driven person in Hip Hop.

Daps
The main one for me was the MTV interview. Could've been he was nervous but he was going 100 miles a minute and seemed overstimulated

I agree. Also, the scene with him driving in the car with the guy who was taking notes for his interview on him. He just started rambling, mentioned he was walking to the train practicing his Grammy speech and a bunch of other stuff all in one sentence. That boy was stimulated lol.

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
I wish this was like 10 episodes. I feel like they skipped a whole lot. 2nd episode finishes with College dropout finally being released and being great and the 3rd episode seems to jump into present day fukkery.

I also wish there was more on the studio sessions as I cant believe making the blueprint was completely skipped over. Although I'm sure Jay probably didnt allow that.

I have a feeling Ye wasn't really there like that for the creation. I think Jay was given a tape with all of the Kanye beats and Jay just recorded them.. then Jay told Just Blaze this is the direction the album is going on. most of the Blueprint was recorded in one weekend

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Yeah, Ye is pretty much self made. No idea how nikkas are seeing this documentary and bigging up Dame. He doesn't look good in this at all.

To shoot Dame some bail, Kanye was kinda annoying. He’s like the little brother that’s begging to be down with the big kids and you don’t take him serious. I think it was Wayno who said Kanye used to try and play his music in the offices all the time. The record deal was literally just to keep him happy so he could keep making beats in house.

Rocafella would have never had any idea what to do with someone like Kanye to begin with. Pretend he’s just a rapper, never produced a beat in his life, and he comes to Rocafella with College Dropout as we know it today, already complete. They’d laugh his ass out the room. It was nothing like the shyt they were putting out at the time or even after Kanye blew up.

AND LETS BE REAL, Kanye isn’t some crazy rapper. He was still raw as hell. He had some slick funny lines and interesting subject matter (to us, not to a rocafella) but even listening to him record his shyt a lot of his rhymes were off beat. The other record labels dropping the ball on Kanye look way worse to me than Dame. (Rawkus especially).

Kanye is a real testament to manifestation and betting on yourself. He was also EXTREMELY fortunate to have the all connections he did as a very successful producer. Nobody else could have done what he did at that time, off the street for example.

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
some of y'all forget how different the game was back then, Street element was huge in the culture umm... 2003 aaaa 50 ? so its quite understandable that he was overlooked. now in hindsight everybody ''how did they not see the vision ?''. well, they were business men and didn't think ye fit their mold so he wouldn't be succesful, simple

having said that he proved himself to be the biggest ''hustler'' of them all, its insane to see how driven he was, beanie sigel with that interest in the craft would be a goat level rapper (he prolly in my top 25 anyway)

Great doc and props to Coodie for everything :salute:
Beans still in my top 10 but that’s a fact.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just watched the first two last night.

Was that the Brooklyns finest beat Ye was playing that Talib and Mos was asking for lol

also noticed that me and my girlfriend was originally Ye song but Jay ended up with it. Which makes me wander how many more songs had Jay gotten from Ye?

I don’t think BP3, MCHG, or WTT happens without Kanye influences that Jay seemed to leech off of. Kanye even mentioned that on Big Brother

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I wish this was like 10 episodes. I feel like they skipped a whole lot. 2nd episode finishes with College dropout finally being released and being great and the 3rd episode seems to jump into present day fukkery.

I also wish there was more on the studio sessions as I cant believe making the blueprint was completely skipped over. Although I'm sure Jay probably didnt allow that.
Eh, the Doc is kinda about his rap journey which really starts after the success of the blueprint.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Not even the best hip hop documentary

Its just a nice rise and fall of Kanye West documentary that has over 20 years footage and nostalgic for the teens who lived through his rise in the early 2000s

But alot of these cac directors made some fire docs over the years

yea idk breh. This shyt is incredible.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
some of y'all forget how different the game was back then, Street element was huge in the culture umm... 2003 aaaa 50 ? so its quite understandable that he was overlooked. now in hindsight everybody ''how did they not see the vision ?''. well, they were business men and didn't think ye fit their mold so he wouldn't be succesful, simple

having said that he proved himself to be the biggest ''hustler'' of them all, its insane to see how driven he was, beanie sigel with that interest in the craft would be a goat level rapper (he prolly in my top 25 anyway)

Great doc and props to Coodie for everything :salute:

yea if you look back Kanye had to be super talented, driven and have his own money just to get anyone’s respect and attention and then they saw the vision when it was undeniable

even then they was still probably pushing “peedi crack” project before him

This documentary the first time I hear peedi crack name since like 2005:mjlol:

Kanye is a billionaire. where is peedi crack now! :banderas:

Not gonna lie, this song was huge in nyc back in the day. If im dame I probably would’ve invested in Peedi over Kanye too :hubie:

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know Dame signed Kanye is the narrative but Dame low key didn’t seem that hyped about Kanyes music either. Also wouldn’t Jay and Hoffa have to sign off on it anyway? Jay seemed pretty cool and excited when he gave Kanye the mic to accounted he was the newest member of the roc.

That’s not what I got at all. Dame at least gave him a shot and looks. The first few instances of Jay and Ye interactions were literally daps and nothing more. Strictly this dude makes my beats.

but the scene were Jay was coaching him for his verse on the bounce was dope as hell to watch. But Ye even co-produced that. I think that’s when the relationship changed cause Ye was signed as a rapper now

Last edited: