jeen-yuhs: A Kanye Trilogy | All Parts Released

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
yea if you look back Kanye had to be super talented, driven and have his own money just to get anyone’s respect and attention and then they saw the vision when it was undeniable

even then they was still probably pushing “peedi crack” project before him

This documentary the first time I hear peedi crack name since like 2005:mjlol:

Kanye is a billionaire. where is peedi crack now! :banderas:

Not gonna lie, this song was huge in nyc back in the day. If im dame I probably would’ve invested in Peedi over Kanye too :hubie:

que tu quiere mujere she said she blow la laaaaaaa

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
Damn this shyt is incredible. It’s emotional as fukk seeing the scenes with his mom. Looking at this documentary it showed how important she was to him. It also shows that Kanye has kinda always been the same. But that’s the same thing that made him great.

yeah man, their chemistry and affection for one another was undeniable.

And seeing her rap his verses was something i've never seen in my life. She really loved that boy.

It was emotional for me as well (my mom passed a horrible death), having watched it during dinner last night, I got teary eyed but still bopped my head to the beats in the background, the duality of feelings was indescribable but intensely gratifying. Just seeing my top 5 DOA jive and joke with Donda, her spitting adages/proverbs aboot the giant in the mirror, that just showcased how she was such an insightful, worldly spirit filled with literature and hope; her positivity and angelic aura was radiant. She was literally his lifeline.

Mrs. Donda was a very special woman. Sorry.... IS a special woman.

Thank you.

:ohlawd:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Word, low key Kanye just might be responsible for the direction hip-hop ended up going for a while. He really birthed nikkas like Drake and Cole on the low.
:skip: No disrespect… but have you been living under a rock? Of course that’s what he did. And those artists constantly bring it up. People in the industry across all genres and races keep jumping at the chance to work with Ye and nikkas still want to act confused. He’s what would happen if Quincy Jones and MJ did a fusion dance.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
beginning of the end.

LMFAO not even close

Did this bozo watch Style Wars or even the Video Music Box documentary? And those are Hip Hop flicks.

He's saying best documentary since Hoop Dreams which came out damn near 30 years ago. I'm sure quality documentary cinema has come out since then

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its almost scripted that the succes he fought so hard for made a significant contribution to the early demise of what he loved the most on this planet

Because of that i give him some slack for his behaviour, however i havent been feeling the music like that in a very long time, so seeing this feels like a bit of magic from the past...

Nostalgia is a mahfukker

Daps
Most of this didn't really surprise me, watching Kanye as a freshman in HS rise to where he is now. Just a few quick thoughts:

1) Fame didn't change Kanye. Kanye's always been the same person. I don't think he would've changed much with his mother still alive. He'd probably be the same person. Maybe some of the outbursts wouldn't have happened, idk. Perhaps he marries Alexis? IDK.

2) Wish we got footage of Kanye's time working with some of the other important people in his career like Plain Pat, Don C, Rhymefest, Devo, Common, Hoffa... even Consequence, GLC, Twista, John Legend....

3) Kanye's first three albums has a lot of elements of gospel rap. It was just more disciplined back then than it has been the past few albums. We see elements of that collectivism (choir, Miri Ben Ari, equivalents) in his recent music, but it would be real cool to get that old feeling back.

4) After watching this, seeing Kanye fall out with guys like Common & John Legend are sad. Really John Legend because Ye birthed his career and is the reason he got into politics and the other avenues he's reaching now. It's very sad. Unfortunately, I don't think that relationship is repairable anymore.

5) The Roc was in a weird spot at that time because of the Dame/Jay tensions. Both supported him, but in very different manners. Regardless, Ye's smartest move was to stay with Hov and effectively work with some of the same people that ignored him at first, but helped him out as he became a worldwide icon.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
LMFAO not even close

Did this bozo watch Style Wars or even the Video Music Box documentary? And those are Hip Hop flicks.

He's saying best documentary since Hoop Dreams which came out damn near 30 years ago. I'm sure quality documentary cinema has come out since then
Yea, but a lot of stuff like this is about how it moves you. If your of a particular age, a good doc about a seminal artist from the early 2000s will touch you in a different way then a doc about rap videos on the early 90s. Doesn’t mean them shyts were bad at all.

BEN23

All Star
Daps
Not even the best hip hop documentary

Its just a nice rise and fall of Kanye West documentary that has over 20 years footage and nostalgic for the teens who lived through his rise in the early 2000s

But alot of these cac directors made some fire docs over the years

nikkas really dapped this :scust:
What’s does a white director have to do with a documentary being good.