jeen-yuhs: A Kanye Trilogy | All Parts Released

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dame himself said he didn't sign Kanye to rap but to be dj khaled :mjlol:. Kanye flipped the switch on him hence why he didn't get major backing from roc a fella.

Yeah, Ye is pretty much self made. No idea how nikkas are seeing this documentary and bigging up Dame. He doesn't look good in this at all.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pharrell was dropping gems. :ohhh:

It’s crazy how humble he was cause Neptunes had already blown and NERD at the time kinda had a same trajectory as Kanye would if we’re comparing rappers/producers

I was a huge Neptunes Nerd fan back then and would never think Pharrell had co-signed Kanye BEFORE his first album :whoo:

I even didn’t come around to respecting Kanye or his music until I saw the Jesus walks video :youngsabo:

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
some of y'all forget how different the game was back then, Street element was huge in the culture umm... 2003 aaaa 50 ? so its quite understandable that he was overlooked. now in hindsight everybody ''how did they not see the vision ?''. well, they were business men and didn't think ye fit their mold so he wouldn't be succesful, simple

having said that he proved himself to be the biggest ''hustler'' of them all, its insane to see how driven he was, beanie sigel with that interest in the craft would be a goat level rapper (he prolly in my top 25 anyway)

Great doc and props to Coodie for everything :salute:

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
some of y'all forget how different the game was back then, Street element was huge in the culture umm... 2003 aaaa 50 ? so its quite understandable that he was overlooked. now in hindsight everybody ''how did they not see the vision ?''. well, they were business men and didn't think ye fit their mold so he wouldn't be succesful, simple

having said that he proved himself to be the biggest ''hustler'' of them all, its insane to see how driven he was, beanie sigel with that interest in the craft would be a goat level rapper (he prolly in my top 25 anyway)

Great doc and props to Coodie for everything :salute:

Word, low key Kanye just might be responsible for the direction hip-hop ended up going for a while. He really birthed nikkas like Drake and Cole on the low.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
One thing I could see for Dame is he’d probably look at the footage, think to himself “it is what it is” and sign off on it. I mean its already well documented that at the time Roc-A-Fella wasn’t high on Kanye as an artist. Thats already Hip Hop lore. And even in Last Call Kanye was saying that Dame didn’t want to sign him until AFTER the deal with Atlantic was already on the table.

So in my opinion Dame didn’t come out looking any worse than whats already been chronicled we just have the visuals to go with it.

Also i’ll give credit where its due. Kanye’s story about his come up in the game is ONE HUNDRED PERCENT what he’s rapped about all these years. He REALLY put his real life on wax all the way down to the car accident and made that shyt both RELATABLE and FINANCIALLY VIABLE.

Thats a HELL of a feat considering the lies a lot of these artists tell in their music. Future doesn’t do drugs but sells an image of a codeine affected rock star. Drake doesn’t write his lyrics but tries to sell the image of a once in a generation talent. Kanye was REALLY Kanye.
Drake wrote for Kanye tho and other artist :heh:

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
I wish this was like 10 episodes. I feel like they skipped a whole lot. 2nd episode finishes with College dropout finally being released and being great and the 3rd episode seems to jump into present day fukkery.

I also wish there was more on the studio sessions as I cant believe making the blueprint was completely skipped over. Although I'm sure Jay probably didnt allow that.

Texas2step

H-Town it's NOT our year
Daps
Hell Nah.

Throughout the documentary Dame is always speaking highly of Ye. From before he signed him to his debut album release party.

If anything he is really the only one at Rocafella that saw and pushed for his vision.

Thats why Ye fukk with Dame till this day.

He even spoke about it in interviews how it was foul on his part for betraying Dame after all he has done for him.

Jay was hands off on him. Kanye was a Dame and Biggs project at Rocafella like how Dipset and em was.
Within the first 10 mins of the video he is giving Kanye major props at a movie release event that has nothing to do with music.

The only part where Dame was being funnystyle is the hotel scene. When in reality homie was there prolly trying to do business scouting a new act, not have Kanye and his camera crew run up in his private hotel room and bump remixes to Jay-z songs :mjlol:

The video release party one can argue, but by the end of it, it was all love and Dame saw the vision. They literally say it in the doc. Once Dame fully saw the vision it was off to the moon for Ye.

Seems like in every part of this documentary when there is a major breakthrough for Kanye......Dame Dash is involved on the supporting side.

"Dame Dash got us the deal", "Dame Dash saw the vision", "Dame Dash opened the budget" etc. etc.

Dame said nice things about Ye as far as producing was concerned. But Dame didn't back him until Ye put out his own music and it was successful