jeen-yuhs: A Kanye Trilogy | All Parts Released

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
Again. He wasn’t a great rapper and he was surrounded by elite rappers. Of course they was gonna feel that way. Lol.

Great is subjective.

Yeah, but the fire and passion in his aura/eyes when he was spitting his verse from 2 Words. Made Mos look like an up and coming Def Comedy jam poet.

Kanye was built for the grand stage and, at the time, the impeding slot for biggest artist the earth has ever seen.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Great is subjective.

Yeah, but the fire and passion in his aura/eyes when he was spitting his verse from 2 Words. Made Mos look like an up and coming Def Comedy jam poet.

Kanye was built for the grand stage and, at the time, the impeding slot for biggest artist the earth has ever seen.

Homie wasn’t great at rapping. He wasn’t an elite lyricist. Nothing subjective about that. His music is a different story.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
:comeon: Everyone gets credited on Kanye's tracks/albums. There are no "ghost" writers. And they don't write his verses line for line either. Cyhi explained in his Vlad interview how it works. Kanye gave Jay Z the hook for Lucifer. He can write.
Yeah I always got the impression that it was Kanye presenting his verse, others rewriting it in their style and making it better, and Kanye approving it

Daps
Reppin
Old School Players to New School Fools
The scenes with Donda are really sad.
They had a lovely relationship..

Ref the tough start stuff, like its already been said.. he was a producer for Rocafella anyway. Thats already a record deal of sorts.. and producers can get money per beat OR a percentage which is often more than the song writer and certainly more than the performer!
What I want to know if how did get even get noticed by them, was it through No ID? Maybe I missed it in the doc..

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I think about this shyt a lot. My dad's job was nothing glamorous--he would put tires on UPS trucks and shyt while driving around in a tire truck--but in my eyes he was Superman like you said. I used to draw pictures of him driving in his work truck and so on and still have one in an old scrapbook. And my dad squandered that and abandoned my brother and me. We know our kids are going to have a tough future but it's our job not to be an impediment to that.

Watching the way Donda interacted with Kanye was very informative. My mom was a good mom but her response to the world was to temper our expectations and settle for less, but it's really our job to try to help our kids maximize who they are.
My dad played soccer with his Guyanese brehs in Brooklyn just as a rec league thing on the weekends and in my eyes that nikka was a world famous soccer player and shyt :russ:

Daps
I just watched this and it's great to see all this amazing footage but I don't think it makes Ye look good at all like people in here are saying.

Ye comes off as a phony in like every scene. The whole industry is about using people to get ahead and it was going both ways. Clearly 99% of people in it are sociopaths. The whole overconfidence vibe Ye pulls is clearly a defence mechanism to cope with imposter syndrome.

Yes it's a struggle to make it.. blah blah.. people don't give u a shot blah blah.. this we know for every rapper and maybe every competitive job in the world.

The scarface scene was wild tho.. like it had to have been edited cuz scarface was way too rude in that shyt.
Horrible take :unimpressed:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
:comeon: Everyone gets credited on Kanye's tracks/albums. There are no "ghost" writers. And they don't write his verses line for line either. Cyhi explained in his Vlad interview how it works. Kanye gave Jay Z the hook for Lucifer. He can write.
nikka cause u can give someone a hook don’t mean u can write elite bars that don’t even make sense. Lol. Ye DEF has verses written word for word for him. Not EVERY verse but that nikka get ALOT of help.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Yup. Right from the beginning. Not like he didn’t have concepts but the essence of his writers is blatant just like with Diddy. You listen to No Way Out era Puff and can literally tell who wrote what.
shyt, well after that too. Them Pharoahe Monch tracks on Press Play stood out like a sore thumb. The Nas one too.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
nikka cause u can give someone a hook don’t mean u can write elite bars that don’t even make sense. Lol. Ye DEF has verses written word for word for him. Not EVERY verse but that nikka get ALOT of help.
:comeon: Ya'll want to diminish this man's talent so bad. Always looking for some nook or cranny to hook your hate onto. Everyone in the industry constantly lauds his greatness. Even nikkas he beefs with don't ever try to comeback and attack his skills on any level.

Knucklehead

HMFIC
Daps
Reppin
Montreal #byrdgang

I have literally zero investment in whether Kanye writes his own lyrics or not but what are you basing such authoritative statements on?