jeen-yuhs: A Kanye Trilogy | All Parts Released

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don’t understand the logic.

Kanye has writers and has all these talented rappers writing his shyt (Consequence, Common, Lupe, Rhymefest, GLC). The shyt coming out his mouth is dope he rhyming, he got substance, he got passion, he got humor. He’s free styling with Mos Def and getting the better of him.

But he wasn’t a spitter :heh:

I mean, he didn't get the better of Mos so lets stop right there.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Why not because he’s mighty Mos :mjlol:

Mos first four lines was hard the rest was him rhyming got this, with pop shyt, hot shyt, and cop shyt and lock shyt

Ye verse and delivery was better

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I think he did. I don't know. Both verses are dope. Mos' verse seemed like it was the wordplay/pocket/cadence of the "two words" theme, and he stuck with a dope flow the whole time.

Kanye's verse had a lot of passion and substance to it. It had the right amount of bragging and boasting, but still had some social commentary and some introspection and passion.

One of Ye's best verses ever.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
The scarface scene was wild tho.. like it had to have been edited cuz scarface was way too rude in that shyt.
I didn't think Scarface looked that bad. This scene was filmed after Scarface and Kanye had worked together on The Fix, and they already had a little bit of a relationship at this point. I think Scarface was just comfortable being himself and didn't care about being on camera. I didn't see anything he did that seemed out of pocket, and Kanye seemed really happy after he left the studio.

I didn't get the vibes that Scarface was annoyed or anything. Maybe he seemed a little tired or not all the way invested, but I didn't think he came off looking over the top rude.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Same sample but it was an original Kanye beat that he was playing for him. He basically flipped it the exact same way as the original though, so I get the confusion.
AshamedPoliticalHalcyon-size_restricted.gif

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I think he did. I don't know. Both verses are dope. Mos' verse seemed like it was the wordplay/pocket/cadence of the "two words" theme, and he stuck with a dope flow the whole time.

Kanye's verse had a lot of passion and substance to it. It had the right amount of bragging and boasting, but still had some social commentary and some introspection and passion.

One of Ye's best verses ever.
Not to mention Mos repeated part of his verse. I think Ye clearly got Mos and Free on that song. I remember having this debate in real time. Obviously I didn’t know Ye had writers at the time (which, of course, changes everything).

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Lines he DIDN’T write.

Thats the point. He’s no great writer and utilizes help for his bars, which makes him an AVERAGE MC at best. Still a great artist but no lyricist
He did write them. He credits everyone who helps him write. Even with him having writers, there is a consistency to his style that's been there since the 90s. You can listen to him even on the Grav album and hear it. Lines with "but I prefer the term African American Express", "If Adam gave up a rib then mine better be prime", "mayonnaise colored benz I push miracle whips", etc. Ye can write. And for being so "average" his lines and verses are far more memorable and etched into the hip hop lexicon than a lot of guys that spit out word salads.

Last edited:

ArchStanton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don’t understand the logic.

Kanye has writers and has all these talented rappers writing his shyt (Consequence, Common, Lupe, Rhymefest, GLC). The shyt coming out his mouth is dope he rhyming, he got substance, he got passion, he got humor. He’s free styling with Mos Def and getting the better of him.

But he wasn’t a spitter :heh:

To my understanding, he wasn't freestyling with Mos in that scene but delivering his verse on the song in the presence of Mos for the first time.