jeen-yuhs: A Kanye Trilogy | All Parts Released

ArchStanton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In the documentary it seemed Scarface didn’t really like Jesus walks, and he was weirded out by Kanye being a weirdo.

Probably had no intention on doing the songs and had no idea how big Kanye and those songs would be.

The whole vibe changed once Face saw the retainer on the table. That was hilarious. He practically ran out of the studio.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Kanye clearly always been a narcissist (he says it himself) but it's crazy how they was trying to take advantage of/play dude.

i bet it was way easier to do this shyt in the 90s/early 2000s before EVERYTHING was online too.

i can definitely see how it shaped how fukked up he is now

That nikka was getting $40K a beat and Gold/Platinum plaques. Nobody was taking “advantage” of him. They simply didn’t believe in him as an artist. They were dead fukking WRONG and he proved it but nobody was stiffing him on prices and when they DID try it he shut them down.

This documentary actually makes Kanye look more masculine and “G” than I ever gave him credit for. Dude pulled up on Dug Infinite IMMEDIATELY after hearing the diss track and confronted him on some grown man shyt. He told Pharrell the FIRST time he met him that he was doing a documentary and told Pharrell to do a drop. Scarface told him he shouldn’t leave his retainer on the table and Kanye just ignored him and kept spitting.

NOTHING intimidated this nikka EXCEPT Jay-Z.

ArchStanton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah man, for me that was the most powerful message. If you're a parent, you're 100% the most important person in your kids life and everything you do imprints on them very strongly.

My son is 4 and he thinks I'm superman. That's a heavy responsibility. You fukk it up, you fukk them up for life.

I think about this shyt a lot. My dad's job was nothing glamorous--he would put tires on UPS trucks and shyt while driving around in a tire truck--but in my eyes he was Superman like you said. I used to draw pictures of him driving in his work truck and so on and still have one in an old scrapbook. And my dad squandered that and abandoned my brother and me. We know our kids are going to have a tough future but it's our job not to be an impediment to that.

Watching the way Donda interacted with Kanye was very informative. My mom was a good mom but her response to the world was to temper our expectations and settle for less, but it's really our job to try to help our kids maximize who they are.

Last edited:

ArchStanton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How was they tryna play him? The nikka was a dope producer and was treated as such. He wasn’t treated as a dope RAPPER because u gotta understand. That nikka was surrounded by straight spitters. nikkas who really do that shyt. Ye was nothing special on the mic. On top of that. He was running around with a big ass camera crew as an unsigned artist doing a documentary. Putting people on camera who wasn’t really used to that type of shyt. And like Wayno said. That All Falls Down footage was misleading. Everyone in the room was fukkin wit it at first but he played the shyt and redid that scene a million times so by the time they got the footage they wanted the room was already tired of hearing the shyt. He ain’t the only nikka who struggled to get on. Or who got played. shyt even NAS has those types of stories. Jay Z. DMX, 2pac. Etc etc.

The other thing is he was always going to have a tough time being noticed by RocAFella as a rapper when the standard was Jay-Z who didn't even write songs on paper. Meanwhile Kanye was collaborating with other writers to create songs, which there is nothing wrong with in my opinion but it wasn't the aesthetic of the Roc. I can see where it was going to be a tough sale. Credit to him for making it undeniable that they had to sign him.

And it might just be me and this might not be the place for this thought, but the spoken word/biographical portion of "Last Call" is the most annoying thing ever put on tape. It was much more interesting seeing it in documentary form.

DAT NICCA KELSO

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Foreman's Basement
I think about this shyt a lot. My dad's job was nothing glamorous--he would put tires on UPS trucks and shyt while driving around in a tire truck--but in my eyes he was Superman like you said. I used to draw pictures of him driving in his work truck and so on and still have one in an old scrapbook. And my dad squandered that and abandoned my brother and me. We know our kids are going to have a tough future but it's our job not to be an impediment to that.

Watching the way Donda interacted with Kanye was very informative. My mom was a good mom but her response to the world was to temper our expectations and settle for less, but it's really our job to try to help our kids maximize who they are.
Real talk breh. I have a 3 year old and I'm trying to mold him to be better than me in every way possible and dream bigger than I have. I hope I don't fail him.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That nikka was getting $40K a beat and Gold/Platinum plaques. Nobody was taking “advantage” of him. They simply didn’t believe in him as an artist. They were dead fukking WRONG and he proved it but nobody was stiffing him on prices and when they DID try it he shut them down.

This documentary actually makes Kanye look more masculine and “G” than I ever gave him credit for. Dude pulled up on Dug Infinite IMMEDIATELY after hearing the diss track and confronted him on some grown man shyt. He told Pharrell the FIRST time he met him that he was doing a documentary and told Pharrell to do a drop. Scarface told him he shouldn’t leave his retainer on the table and Kanye just ignored him and kept spitting.

I was thinking about that scene where he in his car and a rapper (i forget his name, but dude wasn't a major act) was basically asking to hear what beats Kanye had and wouldn't put down any money up front for anything.

I wasn't sober when we watched though :lolbron: so I'm not exactly sure the name of which artist it was, but that shyt woulda pissed me off if I was already doing beats for Jay-Z.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
The other thing is he was always going to have a tough time being noticed by RocAFella as a rapper when the standard was Jay-Z who didn't even write songs on paper. Meanwhile Kanye was collaborating with other writers to create songs, which there is nothing wrong with in my opinion but it wasn't the aesthetic of the Roc. I can see where it was going to be a tough sale. Credit to him for making it undeniable that they had to sign him.

And it might just be me and this might not be the place for this thought, but the spoken word/biographical portion of "Last Call" is the most annoying thing ever put on tape. It was much more interesting seeing it in documentary form.
They didn’t respect dude as a rapper because he had ghostwriters number 1. That shyt was a no no everywhere if u wanted to be respected. And still should be the same now. ESPECIALLY coming out the gate. He wasn’t really that nice on his own either. They respected his strengths. Which is fine. I hate that people tryna make like this nikka was some oppressed artist because if he wasn’t such a prolific producer he woulda got dubbed like everyone else at the time. No one can properly see your “vision” but you and u can’t fault people for that. Ye was in a better spot than most people could ever wish to be.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

Again. He wasn’t a great rapper and he was surrounded by elite rappers. Of course they was gonna feel that way. Lol.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town

I thought Last Call was pretty creative with adding the voices from the actual people he was referencing in the story.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

How did they know what his writing process was?

He spit memorized rhymes and presented recorded music who was delving that deep into that?

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
If I was a label guy I’d think he’s really talented

His production is great and his raps are dope too great substance, passion, humor and he’s got charisma

His look as a stocky chubby average height dude, walking around with a retainer mumbling and rambling and shyt, and being cocky and annoying as shyt :dead: might make me dub him too. His image and voice wasn’t the best.