jeen-yuhs: A Kanye Trilogy | All Parts Released

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
Low key, Pac and Ye have a lot of parallels. Both raised by their mom primarily. Both had a Panther parent, though Ye only really saw his dad during the summer (Donda was part of the movement as well though). Both extremely hard working. Both known to wild out at times. Both Geminis. Both gifted in more than just one art form. One of the main differences is Pac was raised in poverty and his mom strung out on drugs whereas Kanye had a much more stable environment growing up.
Kanye just admitted this in a recent interview but both extreme alcoholics as well. Looking back at Pac’s career you can definitely tell, and now seeing Ye wildin out it makes sense too. And believe me as a former alcoholic I know the signs

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep. They were gonna make Kanye's first album like a Rocafella version of The Chronic if Kanye's singles didn't land. The video for Through The Wire really forced their hand to let him do it his way.

Don’t forget about Slow Jamz. The whole building had to shift their attention

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought it was interesting that Kanye attributed the sped up soul samples “chipmunk soul” style to No ID and Common’s first album. Conventional wisdom has always attributed that to RZA.

Prince Paul was actually the first one to do it with De La Soul's 3 Feet High and rising, and it was said that he mentored both RZA & DJ Muggs while they were both under Tommy Boy and a lot of RZA production techniques were inspired by Prince Paul the same way Kanye gave NO ID praise for influencing him.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Low key, a lot of people in Chicago weren’t on Wu Tang like that. Maybe the hip hop enthusiasts, but not the average everyday cats.

I know me personally when I first saw the first Wu Tang video (probably Attack of the Killa Bees or some shyt), I thought they were a gimmick. I was just a young preteen too.

You are speaking of straight facts. Chicago in general wasn't down with Hip Hop like that in the early to mid-90's. They were with that house music culture heavily.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was just a shorty in the early 90s, so I can’t really speak on the hip hop scene. If we go strictly by what was getting play on the radio/MTV and BET and seeing the videos all the time on The Box, Da Brat was the first to really blow. I think that was like 94 and she was basically mimicking Snoop. Then Crucial Conflict blew up I’m guessing after the success of Bone Thugs. Then Do or Die with Po Pimp, but many would say Twista stole the show. Common was starting to get more of a national buzz too around this time.

Yea. Da Brat, even though she always repped West Side Chicago, many people ALWAYS associated her with Atlanta. Twista in the beginning they never took seriously and saw him as a gimmick. Common's 1st album was criminally slept on in part of his style at the time he was using that annoying squeak sound while rapping and was biting Das EFX a lot, the actual SAVING GRACE was NO ID's production. It took Common to gain actual national attention when he dropped I USED TO LOVE H.E.R. and even that associated Common as an East Coast rapper. It was when PO PIMP dropped where they began to take Twista seriously and the video was SO CHICAGO at the time that people started to pay attention. I think that's the song that officially put that city on the map.

SnowflakesByTheOZ

Sorry, that's another B
Daps
Just finished, wow that was amazing. It's such a beautiful thing when parents encourage their children to chase their dreams relentlessly. Donda instilled that confidence in him that without it, we wouldn't get the Kanye that we have today. RIP Donda West. Can't wait for part 2.

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished, wow that was amazing. It's such a beautiful thing when parents encourage their children to chase their dreams relentlessly. Donda instilled that confidence in him that without it, we wouldn't get the Kanye that we have today. RIP Donda West. Can't wait for part 2.

Yeah man, for me that was the most powerful message. If you're a parent, you're 100% the most important person in your kids life and everything you do imprints on them very strongly.

My son is 4 and he thinks I'm superman. That's a heavy responsibility. You fukk it up, you fukk them up for life.

NikFuq

Rookie
Daps
What song/beat is playing during the Black star scene in the whip? I've heard it before but don't remember