jeen-yuhs: A Kanye Trilogy | All Parts Released

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Really the only person who should be ridiculed for passing on an artist is Sylvia Rhone for passing on Drake. He was clearly gonna be a star and she was like “nah”. Motown (of all places) really could’ve had the biggest artist in recent history
Sylvia gotta hold a few L’s

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Kanye said this beat was the turning point at the start (my remix) :

Imo theres so many points where his career could have died, but 808, and MDBTF solidified him. His legacy was so important after that.

those albums were the last time he actually made good music imo, he drops garbage constantly but that first 5 album run was crazy

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Coodie took it upon himself to make this he’s not some entourage guy he took a gamble that Kanye would become a cultural icon and it paid off for him likely beyond his wildest dreams

yeah that’s what I was alluding to. He quit his job to follow Kanye. I know he got the bag now but I’m legit curious how he made a living during the initial years.

Leao2005

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Bruh plenty nikkas got looked over. Kanye wasn’t THAT dope as a rapper so it’s understandable that a team full of spitters was gonna be a little whatever about him. But on the flip side. He had nikkas who looked out for him and tried to help him. He was literally shytting on them same nikkas on Drink Champs not too long ago. So if anyone needs to look back at themselves it’s Ye. He sit his ass on Drink Champs and shyt on Just Blaze, Talib and the whole backpack scene. Literally his grass roots. And u speak about Dame. How did he repay Dame for helping him become a rapper? By teaming up with the nikka who told him not to rap and not riding with Dame when The Roc split up. I genuinely got sad watching this doc cause that right there was the Ye I fukked wit.
ye and dame are still close and ye said he’ll make sure fame nvr goes broke just a few months ago

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Drake in 06-07 was a much different artist, he wasn’t bad but it wasn’t the eclectic 08-09 Drake.
And his background was wild for a hip hop artist, it would be like if Ye was tryna get on in the height of DMX run

I hear you but it’s Motown breh. As an exec there you HAVE to take chances cuz they ain’t have nobody poppin on the hiphop side that I can recall. Even in 07 Drake released Comeback Season and had something about him musically that was worth taking a shot on.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
I hear you but it’s Motown breh. As an exec there you HAVE to take chances cuz they ain’t have nobody poppin on the hiphop side that I can recall. Even in 07 Drake released Comeback Season and had something about him musically that was worth taking a shot on.
Mans was really spittin back then and he was fusing R&B in his raps.. beat section was on point too

DAT NICCA KELSO

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Foreman's Basement
Capitol could of had 50 and Kanye in 2002. But somethings are not meant to be

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Drake in 06-07 was a much different artist, he wasn’t bad but it wasn’t the eclectic 08-09 Drake.
And his background was wild for a hip hop artist, it would be like if Ye was tryna get on in the height of DMX run
Drake was gonna blow up regardless. He already had his team in place (40, Bo1da, Oliver, Future The Prince) which would be the most important thing. Next he’d just need a co-sign, presumably not from Wayne in this scenario, but the end result would always be hoes flocking to him and dudes wanting to be him.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Really the only person who should be ridiculed for passing on an artist is Sylvia Rhone for passing on Drake. He was clearly gonna be a star and she was like “nah”. Motown (of all places) really could’ve had the biggest artist in recent history