jeen-yuhs: A Kanye Trilogy | All Parts Released

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
oh shyt, i didn't even know he was dating kim...how tf this strung out lesbian looking white boy keep pulling top industry chicks :dahell:
They make it seem like Kanye is one of those “if I can’t have you, no one will” psychos. I think he’s more pissed at the fact that it’s Pete. He’s been around Pete before. There are photos of them hanging out in a group setting (with Kim and without). Pete has done jokes about him on SNL (and we know how much Ye doesn’t fw SNL). When Kim hosted a few months back, Ye was there with her, and she did a skit where she kissed Pete. Next thing, they’re dating. shyt almost feels like a setup. In one of his deleted posts, he even called Pete a pawn and said it’s bigger than Pete.

Jards

All Star
Daps
I don’t know why they didn’t just have a new group of chains made for the new crop of talent they were signing. They signed Kanye, Rihanna, and Teirra Marie all in a short period of time. You’d think they’d have chains on deck for them so this wouldn’t happen lol.
Kanye was signed way before Rihanna and Tierra Marie - the other two were signed after Dame & Biggs ‘sold’ Rocafella

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Ehh, breh is trying to save face imo, cats realizing how bad they look on tape shytting on the little man. THEY didn't think about it at the time because THEY weren't use to cameras. All involved manifested/mutated a monster.

He gave a pretty concise explination and even mentioned Ye was already signed when this happened and also mentioned there was an A&R that he has never mentioned that helped him get the deal.

Most of the Kanye mythology of him being an outcast who couldnt get signed wasnt entirely true

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pretty damn good first episode. I really enjoyed the last 20 minutes of it when it focused on the relationship between Kanye and his mom. I knew they were close but to see them actually talking and shyt really put it all in perspective. I get why Kanye has went off the rails once after his mom died. That was his best friend, mom, #1 fan, inspiration, and probably the only one that truly loved him unconditionally at the time all rolled into one.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
This was amazing. Those Donda convos were really special though man. You can see she was his heart that centered, and grounded him. I was really amazed at how much she encouraged him and told him how great he would be. That Giant analogy was so foretelling and on point.
It's crazy b/c I remember all of this as it was happening but to see the footage takes it to another level. Seeing Beyonce backstage at the Rocafella concert when Kanye got his chain was wild.

Edit:
Also if you had AIM back in the day and you had access to this person's GetFile online you had all of Kanye's shyt before it dropped. I think the "advance" version of College Dropout was from this man Buckyrogers.

buckyr0gers was a legend.

Last edited:

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
I really enjoyed this documentary, can't wait for the other parts, I especially thought it was dope of how him and his mother were so close and how supportive of him she was, RIP Donda

I really feel like Kanye's mother would have held him down and kept him more grounded from all his mistakes in recent years, that was a he11 of a loss for him

Also seeing the random clip of Kobe Bryant was nice as well, RIP Black Mamba

the other thing I took from the documentary was to always believe in yourself, no matter how many people tell you you're going to fail, or not fully reach your dreams, just believe in youself

can't wait for part 2 on Feb 23rd

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I been slackin on watching this. It’s dope af.

Did the Coodie breh get paid for this? I always wonder how the entourage nikkas make a living

Knucklehead

HMFIC
Daps
Reppin
Montreal #byrdgang
I been slackin on watching this. It’s dope af.

Did the Coodie breh get paid for this? I always wonder how the entourage nikkas make a living

Coodie and Chike directed and were producers of the doc. They sold it to Netflix for 30 Million Dollars. Kanye isn’t credited as a producer and was recently demanding that he be allowed to see and edit it but they had no obligation to let him. Coodie took it upon himself to make this he’s not some entourage guy he took a gamble that Kanye would become a cultural icon and it paid off for him likely beyond his wildest dreams.