jeen-yuhs: A Kanye Trilogy | All Parts Released

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
This is the Last Dance of Hip Hop.

Netflix’s docu-series game is fukking elite. The moments with Donda are the best for me - the belief and support she gave him :wow:

Creative Control produced this - I thought that was Dame’s company. He involved in this?
it's inspiring man...she's a playbook in building the confidence of your child

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Does anyone see any indication of mental illness in part one?
He’s incredibly self confident and a bit odd, but he seems like a completely normal functioning person.
I’ve heard other people say that he was as “crazy” then as he is now, but I don’t see it in this documentary.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Does anyone see any indication of mental illness in part one?
He’s incredibly self confident and a bit odd, but he seems like a completely normal functioning person.
I’ve heard other people say that he was as “crazy” then as he is now, but I don’t see it in this documentary.
no, but a lot of mental illness doesn't manifest until people's 20's when drugs or trauma have a chance to trigger the imbalance. he seems a bit impulsive, but that was necessary to make shyt happen, and we saw how impulsive he could be during the katrina thing, his mom dying put it on a whole other level though

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I thought it was interesting that Kanye attributed the sped up soul samples “chipmunk soul” style to No ID and Common’s first album. Conventional wisdom has always attributed that to RZA.

I think they were talking strictly the Chicago Rap scene. Common was seen as putting Chicago hip hop on the “map” so to speak with his first album so i’m sure it affected and inspired a young Kanye

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
I thought it was interesting that Kanye attributed the sped up soul samples “chipmunk soul” style to No ID and Common’s first album. Conventional wisdom has always attributed that to RZA.
Low key, a lot of people in Chicago weren’t on Wu Tang like that. Maybe the hip hop enthusiasts, but not the average everyday cats.

I know me personally when I first saw the first Wu Tang video (probably Attack of the Killa Bees or some shyt), I thought they were a gimmick. I was just a young preteen too.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
no, but a lot of mental illness doesn't manifest until people's 20's when drugs or trauma have a chance to trigger the imbalance. he seems a bit impulsive, but that was necessary to make shyt happen, and we saw how impulsive he could be during the katrina thing, his mom dying put it on a whole other level though
Good insight.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I think they were talking strictly the Chicago Rap scene. Common was seen as putting Chicago hip hop on the “map” so to speak with his first album so i’m sure it affected and inspired a young Kanye
I’ll have to watch again, but I could have swore he said something about the sped up samples.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Low key, a lot of people in Chicago weren’t on Wu Tang like that. Maybe the hip hop enthusiasts, but not the average everyday cats.

I know me personally when I first saw the first Wu Tang video (probably Attack of the Killa Bees or some shyt), I thought they were a gimmick. I was just a young preteen too.
Chicago wasn’t really much of a hip hop city in the early 90s right? There was the scene with the enthusiasts, but my understanding is that House dominated.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Chicago wasn’t really much of a hip hop city in the early 90s right? There was the scene with the enthusiasts, but my understanding is that House dominated.
I was just a shorty in the early 90s, so I can’t really speak on the hip hop scene. If we go strictly by what was getting play on the radio/MTV and BET and seeing the videos all the time on The Box, Da Brat was the first to really blow. I think that was like 94 and she was basically mimicking Snoop. Then Crucial Conflict blew up I’m guessing after the success of Bone Thugs. Then Do or Die with Po Pimp, but many would say Twista stole the show. Common was starting to get more of a national buzz too around this time.