Jazmine Barnes 7 year old killed in Walmart parking lot by 2 black suspects, shooter wasn't white

Aintnobodystupid

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Any updates?

Apparently a white guy shot up a car full of black people back in August of 2017 from a pick up truck but it wasn't investigated properly. Scroll down to the second tweet in the thread.

Here's an article on it where again, the race of the shooter is left out.
Harris County sheriff visits man who says post-Harvey shooting wasn't investigated

Harris County sheriff visits man who says post-Harvey shooting wasn't investigated
Two people injured in roadway shooting
Cindy George | December 5, 2017
Photo: Steve Gonzales, Houston Chronicle
Image 1 of 13
Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez shakes hands with A'Vonta Williams Thursday, November 30, 2017. Williams who was shot in a public roadway shooting the week after Harvey but hasn't been interviewed by law ... more

In the chaotic days after Hurricane Harvey, A'Vonta Williams was hanging out with his girlfriend's family as they tried to get back to normal.

On the way to an uncle's house — where power had been restored — they were ambushed in northeast Harris County by a gunman in a Ford pickup, who fired into the vehicle and struck Williams and his girlfriend's grandmother.

Recommended Video

When officers arrived, however, they seemed more interested in grilling Williams, he said, than rendering aid or finding the shooter.

"The police got there and they were just asking: 'Who got shot and who I was beefing with? What did I do? Who did I rob?'' said Williams, a 2015 Klein Collins High School graduate who participated in the school's law enforcement explorers program. "They just kept asking questions, like, making me feel like I had done something bad."

On Thursday — after calls for answers from community activists Deric Muhammad and Gerry Monroe — Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez promised the family at their Aldine-area home that his agency would complete the investigation of the shooting.

"If there is someone out there firing a weapon like that, he could have killed everyone in the car," Gonzalez told the family. "We definitely don't want him out on the streets."

Williams said he was not interviewed by the law-enforcement agencies that responded to the Aug. 30 shooting. Until Thursday, investigators from the Harris County Sheriff's Office had not talked to the 21-year-old during his hospitalization or his three months of recovery.

Gonzalez noted that since he took the agency's helm a year ago, he remains focused on improving the chronic, decades-long problem of understaffed investigation teams.

"We always want our approach to be the most professional and the most accurate," he said. "Obviously, that doesn't always happen and for that reason, I apologize that you were treated less than you needed to be treated, especially as somebody who was injured."

Shooter still at large

Williams said he was riding in a Toyota Camry driven by his girlfriend mid-afternoon on Aug. 30, with his girlfriend's grandmother and teen cousin in the back seat.

According to witnesses, a man driving a Ford F-150 fired at the Camry near the Beltway 8 in the vicinity of C.E. King Parkway and Wallisville Road. The vehicle was described as white, silver or gray.

Williams said his girlfriend continued driving on the Beltway before stopping in a Wal-Mart parking lot in Humble. That's where Precinct 3 constables and Harris County sheriff's deputies showed up, Williams said.

Precinct 3 officials did not respond to requests for comment.

Thomas Gilliland, a Harris County Sheriff's Office spokesman, said in an email Thursday that the incident is under investigation as an aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. The girlfriend's uncle described the shooter as a white male, about 30 years old, wearing a baseball cap pulled down over his eyes.

Williams was hit in both legs and the grandmother, who is in her mid-60s, was struck in the hip. Both were airlifted to Memorial Hermann in the Texas Medical Center.

"Homicide and assault investigators arrived and interviewed family that remained on scene. Investigators provided the family with [a] case number and a business card," Gilliland wrote. Investigators "made a diligent effort" to contact the grandmother, but haven't had their calls returned, he said.

Williams and his relatives said they reached out to the sheriff's office on multiple occasions. His sister, Amber Williams, said she visited a substation twice but was told to bring her brother in person for information. When his mother, Kisshima Williams, called, she also was told to bring her son for an interview. She said she could not because he was in a wheelchair and in pain.

Making assumptions

In the days after Harvey came ashore in South Texas on Aug. 25, police and other first responders were overwhelmed with calls. They also were challenged by flooding and other impediments to reach even life-and-death situations in a timely manner.

Still, the Williams family members believe the response to the incident was inadequate.

Williams, an amateur boxer and aspiring state trooper, learned in the explorers program about officers rendering aid. He believes the lack of assistance worsened his wounds, making a return to his job as a security guard or the boxing ring far more difficult. The experience also has soured him on a career in law enforcement.

Kisshima Williams and the activists believe that the deputies and constables simply saw a young black man with bullet wounds and made negative assumptions instead of viewing him as a law-abiding citizen who had been attacked.

"I want justice for my son. He was immediately racially profiled," Kisshima Williams. "They did not assist my son when he was shot."

On Thursday, she told the sheriff that she wants to file an official complaint.

Muhammad, a frequent critic of police misconduct who also has worked with police agency leaders, said the incident further fosters distrust between the black community – particularly young black men – and law enforcement. He was joined Thursday at the family's home by Pastor E.A. Deckard.

They both agreed to work with Gonzalez for positive resolutions.

"Where is the humanity?" Muhammad asked. "They blame us, who put the searchlight on the wrongs that police commit. They say we turn young men like this against law enforcement. We don't have to. Nobody is doing more to make young black men not want to be police officers than police officers."

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
Provoking a war?

The war has been going on for over 500 years.

Black people have been in denial for over 500 years.

A suspected white supremacist/white supremacist kills your family or somebody Black, Black people are still in denial.

Repped.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
That is a point that I never thought of. They glorify that shyt, too, make movies and whatnot. I’m not sure why that didn’t happen with KKK/overtly racist white people that committed racist acts in the United States (well I do know why). As a white person, I know LE and politicians would obviously NEVER allow this, because systemically, all positions of power in local, state, and federal govt/LE/military have racism/white supremacy deeply woven into the dynamics, but I do hope someday, matter of fact I don’t think this country will ever evolve unless there is some kind of visceral comeuppance for the treatment of non white people in this country.
First of all, we don't need your sympathy or hope. Someday is now. This is why you can keep your thoughts, sentiments and gestures of white alignment. Second of all, miss me with the "non white" and "people of color" bullshyt terminology. Black people are oppressed, Black people are relegated to positions where the racist factions of your society contribute to circumstances and situations where innocent black lives are treated as inferior; we (not "non" whites) wake up repeatedly to another death to the point where it's considered an epidemic. This country is not evolving because your white people don't have the mental capacity to de-escalate and your white people don't have the ability of reasoning; therefore, you and the mindset of your white companions can only devolve to violence because of your own abject inferiority.

What you can do and hope to do, is two separate issues - you can't do shyt, you can't relate, therefore, you can keep your commentary to your own white people before yall start burying your own dead at disproportionate levels, with our own brand of black vigilante justice and karma comeuppance- it's a matter of time before the reversal.

Last edited:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
If your brain is too underdeveloped to keep up with the shifts and shapes of the discussion then do us ALL a favor and remove yourself from said discussion. I aired you out and had you on the verge of tears when you first joined this site with all this, this, wild batshyt style posting you spew..and it seems you still have not learned. As a matter of fact, you seem to have had a battery put in your back.

No worries. Your incoming and incoherent spazzout will be all the ammo I’ll need to air you out and humble you, again.
This thread is about a little black girl who was murdered at the hands of a white supremacist terrorist enabled by a racially motivated and all you can do is reduce the conversation to your selfish emotional outburst and spazzing about completely un-related subject matter bc you're that affected by some perceived post-comment conflict with me - when I don't know who the fuk u are or was impacted enough to remember. Air me out? Verge of tears?? you don't know me like that enough for me to give a fuk ....perhaps that energy you have could be better used to fight the actual enemy instead of trolling for head taps. Yeah.. Lemme put on permanent ignore, get your own priorities together. Not falling for the Derail and deflection - more impt issues to contend with.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
First of all, we don't need your sympathy or hope. Someday is now. This is why you can keep your thoughts, sentiments and gestures of white alignment. Second of all, miss me with the "non white" and "people of color" bullshyt terminology. Black people are oppressed, Black people are relegated to positions where the racist factions of your society contribute to circumstances and situations where innocent black lives are treated as inferior; we (not "non" whites) wake up repeatedly to another death to the point where it's considered an epidemic. This country is not evolving because your white people don't have the mental capacity to de-escalate and your white people don't have the ability of reasoning; therefore, you and the mindset of your white companions can only devolve to violence because of your own abject inferiority.

What you can do and hope to do, is two separate issues - you can't do shyt, you can't relate, therefore, you can keep your commentary to your own white people before yall start burying your own dead at disproportionate levels, with our own brand of black vigilante justice and karma comeuppance- it's a matter of time before the reversal.
All that just to say “no thanks”. You doing A LOT!