Jayson Tatum gave me depression again

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Is this why Ime has him imitate the offense as much as he does? That's gotta be the next evolution to his game. He has too much size to be relying on running point to get going offensively

Ime's plan from the beginning of the season was to make Tatum and Brown more playmakers, to get their teammates more involved. Although I see it working, the bigger issue is Tatum off the ball. I rather have someone else bring up the ball and Tatum learn how to be off the ball more

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

:gucci:HE PLAYS NOTHING LIKE KOBE.

HE PLAYS LIKE PG.

:devil:
:evil:

Yeah I said he WANTS to play like Kobe, not that he actually plays like him

I don't even want him to play like PG

He should be playing like Kawhi or Paul Pierce. Be that slow methodical big strong forward that is elite from mid range, dominant in the post, average athleticism, drawing fouls all day on smaller opponents, and shoots 3's on occasion

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I said he WANTS to play like Kobe, not that he actually plays like him

I don't even want him to play like PG

He should be playing like Kawhi or Paul Pierce. Be that slow methodical big strong forward that is elite from mid range, dominant in the post, average athleticism, drawing fouls all day on smaller opponents, and shoots 3's on occasion
He tends to commit to just trying to get fouled or all the way to the rim too often. In terms of his shot selection, another guy that who he could take from is DeRozan, especially if he's used to initiate this much.

Cut down the number of 3s and rise up over smaller defenders in the midrange and be a bucket at the rack. DeRozan has the rock a ton, but he doesn't get rushed or turn the ball over like Tatum. I understand the off ball play improvement ask, I also know that that's not an easy thing for everybody to do. I don't know if his handles are nice enough to be the type of playmaker that Ime is demanding of him currently tho.

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
3-17
8-19
9-23
8-23

Yuck.
Looks like his Idol back in 04 :skip:
RIP mamba at least he bounced back and won 2 more chips.

Tatum I think for his height he brings the ball too low to finish at the rack that's why it always looks like he is jumping down when he goes to the rack. He needs to learn to take advantage of his height and have a higher release point on his lay up package.

He is also a turn over machine needs to work on his bball iq and recognize the mismatch and pass the ball accurately.

Thats why Magic my GOAT cause of that pin point 2 moves ahead passing :myman:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
He tends to commit to just trying to get fouled or all the way to the rim too often. In terms of his shot selection, another guy that who he could take from is DeRozan, especially if he's used to initiate this much.

Cut down the number of 3s and rise up over smaller defenders in the midrange and be a bucket at the rack. DeRozan has the rock a ton, but he doesn't get rushed or turn the ball over like Tatum. I understand the off ball play improvement ask, I also know that that's not an easy thing for everybody to do. I don't know if his handles are nice enough to be the type of playmaker that Ime is demanding of him currently tho.

100% agree. I do understand making him a playmaker in a general sense to see what an opposing team's defense is giving you and know how to make your teammates better. But as a full time playmaker? Hell nah. Also, I feel like it makes the offense too predictable. Tatum at the top of the key trying to see openings to pass to his teammates, the opposing team can see that a mile away lol

With Derozan it is interesting. But I think that he's an athletic mid range shooter, and is 10x more quick than Jayson. Derozan is a better comp for Jaylen IMO
I want that pure power game like Kawhi or Paul Pierce. That non-athletic, too big to guard, boring, effective type game lol

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
Fransisco garcia with a nelly Cd and a vokal jersey
Nah breh my man Cisco could play big and be solid defensively even block shots tatum is taller than cisco but finishes lower. Cisco was very fundamentally sound when it came to finishing and shooting with a high release point. If tatum had that he would be beasting finishing at the rim, also he wasnt the fastest for his height but had a surprising first step.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
He’s what 24? In his first finals against a well oiled winning machine in golden state …man this shyt don’t just come to every young guy easy like that …he’s taking his lumps but he’ll be alright …all the greats have gone thru it

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Jayson Tatum wom be in his prime/best for another 3-4 years so all these takes are hilarious to me.

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON
Jayson Tatum wom be in his prime/best for another 3-4 years so all these takes are hilarious to me.

This coming of a mediocre 4 games of a series that ain’t even over. They acting like he wasn’t the best player on that Nets, Bucks and Heat series for the Celtics lol.

NduyByF_d.webp

Last edited: