Jaylen Brown Calls Out Grant Hill

mag357

Superstar
Daps
shyt like this is why people say NBA fans have such a poor understanding of their own sport. From what I've seen, White was gonna be the next replacement if they needed a guy from the jump. I got no reason to doubt that with that decision being made almost instantly.

On top of that, White plays a position they actually needed. They replaced a guy who's calling guard was that he was an elite wing defender with another guard/wing defender, who's also low usage. Tatum is gonna be closer to DNP status than a contributor, and he's at least equal if not much better of an on-ball guy than Brown. I don't think either are particularly great off-ball guys

What basketball reason would JB have for being on this team?

The end

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
people not understanding the concept of roles when assembling a team like this. i remember in 2004 we put together a team that had no 3 pt shooters. they actually added a player that the coach plays and people are questioning his addition.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
So Nike would blacklist Brown but not use their influence on getting Caitlin Clark onto the team where there is a lot more upside? :patrice:
Also that Nike, and only Nike, would be mad at only him, and only him, for he in his role as a VP at the player's union said that it was unfair to suspend Kyrie :mjlol:

Wouldn't it be more reasonable then that the NBA was against him since they suspended him and he criticized them, and that they have more impact on Team USA than some marketing person at Nike.

The way he's handled this whole thing just tells me that he's a bit weird and if I was Hill I'd probably never wanna deal with him again.

Like dude put out a conspiracy theory that a lot of people ran with and transformed. People ask Hill and about the conspiracy theory, Hill denied the validity of this conspiracy theory. And he's like "you call me a conspiracy theorist? I work for the player's union you can't call me that :sadbron:"

shyt is disrespectful and embarrassing to everyone in Paris and every other great player who wasn't selected, many of them that people hold above him. :snoop:

Last edited:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Joe Varden from The Athletic said on NBA Radio this morning that the real conspiracy is that Kawhi wasn't really hurt and was cut because they needed a spot to bring in White for his on-ball defense. It had nothing to do with Nike or Jaylen being blackballed.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Y’all acting like if you were in Jaylen Brown’s position you wouldn’t be mad af too. Clear politics are involved. The “who fits the team better” angle is bullshyt. Jaylen should’ve made the team. It’s nike politics. The shoe deal politics start at the AAU level. I’ve seen it first hand. Call a spade a spade. Grant is being disingenuous

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Because Brown has been disrespecting Nike for a minute now. No more, no less :coffee:

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Y’all acting like if you were in Jaylen Brown’s position you wouldn’t be mad af too. Clear politics are involved. The “who fits the team better” angle is bullshyt. Jaylen should’ve made the team. It’s nike politics. The shoe deal politics start at the AAU level. I’ve seen it first hand. Call a spade a spade. Grant is being disingenuous
/thread