Jay Z's "Tidal" Streaming Service Launches at $9.99 or $19.99/month; NO free ad-supported plan

ShoGun Of Harlem

All Star
Daps
They aint listening. they really think they can keep downloading for free and paying the bare minimum and great music will happen. it wont. thats why this gen has to lie to themselves about how great every song, album is the moment it drops "oh my gawd its a classic.' no it aint. its barely ok at best. stop it.

keep trying not to pay for stuff that cost money to create and put out to you and see dont the quality drops off the face of the earth. thats simple economics folks.

There's a reason you can get 99cent tacos from jack in the box. what the hell are those tacos made of? i got a taco spot around the house that is the best taco i have ever tasted in my life(black owned too). his tacos are like $2.00 a piece. but the quality is gourmet quality. see i'm willing to pay for quality. most of these people aint. so you get what you pay for. and stop crying about it. but the issue is we all listen to the same music. so if the masses are cheapskates it ruins my music too.
:why: This dude is proud about spending $2 on a Taco.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Lol at the celebrity circle jerk

This reminds me of Neil Young's Pono Player

neil young was being interviewed on howard stern a few months ago, and he was talking about the pono and it's "perfect audio". I'm thinking "who gives a shyt" :manny:

my ears can't hear minute differences like that, and even if they could, it's not worth investing in another audio player that NO ONE uses outside of a select few :camby:

Last edited:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
They aint listening. they really think they can keep downloading for free and paying the bare minimum and great music will happen. it wont. thats why this gen has to lie to themselves about how great every song, album is the moment it drops "oh my gawd its a classic.' no it aint. its barely ok at best. stop it.

keep trying not to pay for stuff that cost money to create and put out to you and see dont the quality drops off the face of the earth. thats simple economics folks.

There's a reason you can get 99cent tacos from jack in the box. what the hell are those tacos made of? i got a taco spot around the house that is the best taco i have ever tasted in my life(black owned too). his tacos are like $2.00 a piece. but the quality is gourmet quality. see i'm willing to pay for quality. most of these people aint. so you get what you pay for. and stop crying about it. but the issue is we all listen to the same music. so if the masses are cheapskates it ruins my music too.
This is pretty on point :ehh:

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
neil young was being interviewed on howard stern a few months ago, and he was talking about the pono and it's "perfect audio". I'm thinking "who gives a shyt" :manny:

my ears can't hear minute differences like that, and even if they could, it's not worth investing in another audio player that NO ONE uses outside of a select view :camby:
Yeah its strictly for audiophiles that want everyone to know they're audiophiles.

Tidal is similar in that both are pushing higher quality FLAC files as the main advantage over typical digital music.

Whereas Pono is like a music snob niche product, Tidal is being marketed for all. But with the main feature of high quality streaming only being available for the $20 price point and the $10 version offering essentially the same thing you can get for free on other services, I dont see this really working out.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Yeah its strictly for audiophiles that want everyone to know they're audiophiles.

Tidal is similar in that both are pushing higher quality FLAC files as the main advantage over typical digital music.

Whereas Pono is like a music snob niche product, Tidal is being marketed for all. But with the main feature of high quality streaming only being available for the $20 price point and the $10 version offering essentially the same thing you can get for free on other services, I dont see this really working out.

Tidals 10 dollar price point is standard for limitless, commercial-less streaming. With the added incentive of not having to go to another avenue to see music videos, not to mention having music that isn't available via other platforms (like mixtapes, exclusive Tidal-only tracks and drops, ect.) You only get 5.00 dollars a month with Spotify via a college loop-hole. The 20 dollar price point is for audiophiles who want high quality play-back. Something you don't get from any other platform. This myth that the consumer is somehow being "over-charged" when everyone else charges 10 dollars a month needs to stop. If you don't like Tidal fine, but stop with the lies and games.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Havent paid for music since I was in 5th grade:ld:. Fukk Jay Z and all those other greedy fukks:bryan:. That little round table thing was so gimmicy. Pretenious losers. Trying so hard to look so important:mjcry: :mjlol:. That nikka aint getting a dime of my money:blessed:
you type this on either a mc or a pc

so that's either bill gates or tim cook

both richer than jayz yet you have no issues helping the white man get richer, but you'll be damned to help a black man get richer?

c00ns gone c00n I guess

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
you type this on either a mc or a pc

so that's either bill gates or tim cook

both richer than jayz yet you have no issues helping the white man get richer, but you'll be damned to help a black man get richer?

c00ns gone c00n I guess
Fukk you you dumb fukk:bryan:

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Tidals 10 dollar price point is standard for limitless, commercial-less streaming. With the added incentive of not having to go to another avenue to see music videos, not to mention having music that isn't available via other platforms (like mixtapes, exclusive Tidal-only tracks and drops, ect.) You only get 5.00 dollars a month with Spotify via a college loop-hole. The 20 dollar price point is for audiophiles who want high quality play-back. Something you don't get from any other platform. This myth that the consumer is somehow being "over-charged" when everyone else charges 10 dollars a month needs to stop. If you don't like Tidal fine, but stop with the lies and games.
Lol do you work for the company? Odd response if not.

Vast majority of people that would be interested in this already use some other streaming service. And most people are fine with the free version. You need something to entice them to switch and offering no free option, they arent doing themselves any favors.

HIVAIDS

Get Tested
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jay-z showed up @ my school like a week ago. And from the interactions from the Q&A people weren't buying what he was selling. I understand his POV it's good for the artist, but the consumers are looking for deals and this service is a tad expensive.