Jay Z's "Tidal" Streaming Service Launches at $9.99 or $19.99/month; NO free ad-supported plan

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
http://bgr.com/2015/04/22/kanye-west-tidal-tweets-deleted/

How badly has Tidal bombed? So badly that apparently Kanye West no longer wants anything to do with it. Digital Spy notices that West has not only changed the logo on his Twitter feed from the Tidal logo to the artwork on one of his old albums, but he’s also deleted any tweets that mentioned the service.

imager.gif

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Yeah its strictly for audiophiles that want everyone to know they're audiophiles.

Tidal is similar in that both are pushing higher quality FLAC files as the main advantage over typical digital music.

Whereas Pono is like a music snob niche product, Tidal is being marketed for all. But with the main feature of high quality streaming only being available for the $20 price point and the $10 version offering essentially the same thing you can get for free on other services, I dont see this really working out.

Tidals 10 dollar price point is standard for limitless, commercial-less streaming. With the added incentive of not having to go to another avenue to see music videos, not to mention having music that isn't available via other platforms (like mixtapes, exclusive Tidal-only tracks and drops, ect.) You only get 5.00 dollars a month with Spotify via a college loop-hole. The 20 dollar price point is for audiophiles who want high quality play-back. Something you don't get from any other platform. This myth that the consumer is somehow being "over-charged" when everyone else charges 10 dollars a month needs to stop. If you don't like Tidal fine, but stop with the lies and games.

Lol do you work for the company? Odd response if not.

Vast majority of people that would be interested in this already use some other streaming service. And most people are fine with the free version. You need something to entice them to switch and offering no free option, they arent doing themselves any favors.

Naw, but I work for this other Fortune 500 company called Common Sense LTD. My experience from working there enticed me to chime in.

And there's nothing odd about anything I said. They all cost 9.99 a month. Name another company that's less than 9.99 without a loop-hole and commercial-less?

That didn't stop Beats By Dre, Amazon, or a host of others from doing it.

Speak for yourself. People are confusing Spotify when it first dropped to now. Spotify is terrible free now. Shuffle only plus commercials? Pass. I also personally hate Pandora, it makes more sense to go with IHeartRadio in that case.

I kind of agree with what you're saying about enticing. The main selling point is the high quality sound, which is 19.99 per month. The addition of music videos is cool, you don't have to switch to youtube mobile if you want to see a video. It leaves one to wonder how much stock are they are going to put into exclusive content. Right now, it's all about choice. But then again, that's kind of already the case with all the other streaming services out there. As it stands with Tidal, as long as they maintain most of the 100,000 plus user base past the trail period, they are already on the right track.
Smarten up, friendo :francis:

Typical Knicks Fan

F-ing Knicks.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York
With this much bad press they should think about having only one tier and offer lossless audio for $9.99. That would make it stand out from the rest while offering a better audio experience for the same price.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Naw, but I work for this other Fortune 500 company called Common Sense LTD. My experience from working there enticed me to chime in.

And there's nothing odd about anything I said. They all cost 9.99 a month. Name another company that's less than 9.99 without a loop-hole and commercial-less?

That didn't stop Beats By Dre, Amazon, or a host of others from doing it.

Speak for yourself. People are confusing Spotify when it first dropped to now. Spotify is terrible free now. Shuffle only plus commercials? Pass. I also personally hate Pandora, it makes more sense to go with IHeartRadio in that case.

I kind of agree with what you're saying about enticing. The main selling point is the high quality sound, which is 19.99 per month. The addition of music videos is cool, you don't have to switch to youtube mobile if you want to see a video. It leaves one to wonder how much stock are they are going to put into exclusive content. Right now, it's all about choice. But then again, that's kind of already the case with all the other streaming services out there. As it stands with Tidal, as long as they maintain most of the 100,000 plus user base past the trail period, they are already on the right track.
Ok, first off. Spotify right now has a deal, 3months for 99cents :win:
As for High Quality sound? Spotify has that included in its $10 a month plan :ufdup:

But back to what you said about the free version. Free version is more than straight, I jive miss it a lil bit
Cuz lets say you make a playlist. Once its done, it just continues playing songs from that artist in the free version. The paid version it stops cuz its giving you exactly what you want. You made you gotta shuffle songs? Once again, you make a playlist, then its all songs you wanna hear bruh :manny:

So, if you going the free route, and you wanna manipulate the songs? Make a playlist with just 2/3 songs in it. it'll play. If it don't, start up another playlist/whatever. Then go back to the previous one and it'll start with the next song (it doesn't start with the same song each time, thats how they THINK they in control)

Any other questions, I'm here all day bruh :thumbsup: