Jay Z's "Tidal" Streaming Service Launches at $9.99 or $19.99/month; NO free ad-supported plan

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, I don't agree with a lot of what Malta said, but if Jay and them were actually doing what Magic did then I'd be like :salute:. It's not the same as supporting the local mom and pop. If there is a tie breaker however, I would support the minority owned business. So if I pay the 9.99, I would probably grab Tidal. as is, I just upload shyt onto google play.
wow yall are lost.

listen to yourselves. "i only support the local mom and pops." do you know why? because thats all you got black person. your people for the most part dont own ishhh. so unlike jews and other white folks or folks. your people dont own much of anything at a high level. thats just the truth of it.

oprah... but she made most of her doe off of being an entertainer just like the rest of the ballers club of black folks. sure there are black doctors lawyers. but most of the highest paid folks are entertainers. that means you usually have a boss. thats why i love money mayweather even with his big mouth. thats another black owned business.

if you are down to support small black owned business because its black. you better do the same for black owned big business. we need the help all around. dont you want to see more black owned BIG businesses? will you treat them all like this everytime there's a BIG black owned business?

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was on the spotify train for a while, jumped to beats a year ago cause I though the curated playlists were dope and I get 3 separate accounts for $15 so I cover myself, my wife and my daughter.

I've spent a decent amount on headphones and speakers so I'm gonna hit the trial of the HD and see what's up. If the basic service is at least as good as Beats I might switch over I'm old enough where I really do understand how frustrating it must be to artists to not get paid enough for your work. Netflix and Beats are my penance for all of the bootlegging I do, at least put something back into the system.

If rap fans stop buying rap music, then Labels have no reason to put money behind the artists.
(unless they signed a 360, which is what they're pushing).
That's how we ended up in the ringtone rap, single driven era we're in now. Folks having top 10 singles and getting dropped before they even get an album out. It's sad.
They aint listening. they really think they can keep downloading for free and paying the bare minimum and great music will happen. it wont. thats why this gen has to lie to themselves about how great every song, album is the moment it drops "oh my gawd its a classic.' no it aint. its barely ok at best. stop it.

keep trying not to pay for stuff that cost money to create and put out to you and see dont the quality drops off the face of the earth. thats simple economics folks.

There's a reason you can get 99cent tacos from jack in the box. what the hell are those tacos made of? i got a taco spot around the house that is the best taco i have ever tasted in my life(black owned too). his tacos are like $2.00 a piece. but the quality is gourmet quality. see i'm willing to pay for quality. most of these people aint. so you get what you pay for. and stop crying about it. but the issue is we all listen to the same music. so if the masses are cheapskates it ruins my music too.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lmao this nikka claiming we gotta stop pirating if we wanna hear "great" music. :mjlol:

He acting like musicians still ain't making millions regardless.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Im going to give it a test spin but I'm telling Yall the quality of music is only good if you have on headphones or a nice sound system...Ofherwise it's no different than anything else.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Im going to give it a test spin but I'm telling Yall the quality of music is only good if you have on headphones or a nice sound system...Ofherwise it's no different than anything else.

I have Klipshe headphones and I can hear a difference, but it's not that great.

Basically, IMO this will be like the streaming version of Beats By Dre. They're gonna hype it up as being better than others, hype it with a cool logo, hype it w/ celeb endorsement..........but in the end it's lacking.

They have only the EDITED versions of Drakes "Thank Me Later", and "Nothing was the Same" Doesn't make sense and just seems sloppy. I mean this has been out there since Tuesday and this first week is crucial for them.