Jay Z's "Tidal" Streaming Service Launches at $9.99 or $19.99/month; NO free ad-supported plan

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
If you're black, you better jump ship asap. Jayz and Be are a black owned Business. as long as the service WORKS properly. get on it. dont always look for thee cheapest deal when there is solid quality but its also black owned. sometimes you have to pay a little more to support your fellow brotha(thats...IF you're black. If not, do you.

:dead:

fukk outta here with this nonsense, you're talking about a dude that used to sell crack and acting like he's some saint that gives back to the community. Putting money in his pocket is no different than putting it in a rich white persons, you making these posts like he's gonna set up the Tidal African American college fund or some shyt, all that's going to happen is his pockets will get fatter and he'll drop a verse 3 years from now about all the suckers that paid for Tidal before he sold it off to some white investors.

This isn't some brick and mortar mom & pop black owned bakery, this is a selfish ass muthafukka that couldn't give two shyts about YOUR support and probably wants the white hipster market that overpays for shyt to and forgets they have a reoccurring monthly charge on their card.

ShoGun Of Harlem

All Star
Daps
stop it. Bill gates retired and started really going Ham on the charity side. sure he always gave away money. But most people didnt know what he was doing. and i sure as hell know most people 20 and under could care less unless they were specificially looking for a bill gates scholly. everyone was using that white man's products and not saying a word. but when a black man does it. here comes to extra LIP. pathetic.
Man you are blinded by some sort of hate that i'm glad I do not understand.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I would think that streaming high quality songs will eat up people's data usage.

T-Mobile doesn't even count data usage when you stream on Spotify :yeshrug:

Tidal is also under T-Mobile freemusic streaming umbrell. So that's a big plus.

I signed up for the $19.99 free trial. The sound quality is dope but I'm not spending anymore than 9.99 ultimately

I have no loyalty to any of these companies. Whoever gives me the best value for my dollar.

I'd prefer Google Play if it worked better tho bc then I'd have al my owned music and streamed music in one place.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
:dead:

fukk outta here with this nonsense, you're talking about a dude that used to sell crack and acting like he's some saint that gives back to the community. Putting money in his pocket is no different than putting it in a rich white persons, you making these posts like he's gonna set up the Tidal African American college fund or some shyt, all that's going to happen is his pockets will get fatter and he'll drop a verse 3 years from now about all the suckers that paid for Tidal before he sold it off to some white investors.

This isn't some brick and mortar mom & pop black owned bakery, this is a selfish ass muthafukka that couldn't give two shyts about YOUR support and probably wants the white hipster market that overpays for shyt to and forgets they have a reoccurring monthly charge on their card.

These dudes in here are lost breh. I don't agree with everything you said but the sentiment is correct.

Jay isn't black to execs and CEOs, he's green. And likewise, we consumers are green to him. He doesn't care one way or the other. So ultimately, why should you or me?

I'll support, as long as I get similar or better service than spotify. If not then :camby:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
These dudes in here are lost breh. I don't agree with everything you said but the sentiment is correct.

Jay isn't black to execs and CEOs, he's green. And likewise, we consumers are green to him. He doesn't care one way or the other. So ultimately, why should you or me?

I'll support, as long as I get similar or better service than spotify. If not then :camby:
Yeah, I don't agree with a lot of what Malta said, but if Jay and them were actually doing what Magic did then I'd be like :salute:. It's not the same as supporting the local mom and pop. If there is a tie breaker however, I would support the minority owned business. So if I pay the 9.99, I would probably grab Tidal. as is, I just upload shyt onto google play.

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
Tried the HiFi ($19.99) version at the gym today on my phone. App's UI is shytty to use compared to Google Music, which I pay for. I compared the quality of my FLAC files and Tidal and it's definitely close (streamed on "HIFI" mode thru 4G)

The main issue I've had was songs stalled while playing the same track on Google Music over 4G had no issues. I can't recommend the $19.99/mo for the same shyt you could get with Google Music.