Jay Z's "Tidal" Streaming Service Launches at $9.99 or $19.99/month; NO free ad-supported plan

blacka5

Pro
Daps

Dragonfly Jones

Siiiiiiiilence Punk!!
Daps
Reppin
KungFu Fighting & kicks that are fast as Lightning

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
I was on the spotify train for a while, jumped to beats a year ago cause I though the curated playlists were dope and I get 3 separate accounts for $15 so I cover myself, my wife and my daughter.

I've spent a decent amount on headphones and speakers so I'm gonna hit the trial of the HD and see what's up. If the basic service is at least as good as Beats I might switch over I'm old enough where I really do understand how frustrating it must be to artists to not get paid enough for your work. Netflix and Beats are my penance for all of the bootlegging I do, at least put something back into the system.

If rap fans stop buying rap music, then Labels have no reason to put money behind the artists.
(unless they signed a 360, which is what they're pushing).
That's how we ended up in the ringtone rap, single driven era we're in now. Folks having top 10 singles and getting dropped before they even get an album out. It's sad.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dead:

fukk outta here with this nonsense, you're talking about a dude that used to sell crack and acting like he's some saint that gives back to the community. Putting money in his pocket is no different than putting it in a rich white persons, you making these posts like he's gonna set up the Tidal African American college fund or some shyt, all that's going to happen is his pockets will get fatter and he'll drop a verse 3 years from now about all the suckers that paid for Tidal before he sold it off to some white investors.

This isn't some brick and mortar mom & pop black owned bakery, this is a selfish ass muthafukka that couldn't give two shyts about YOUR support and probably wants the white hipster market that overpays for shyt to and forgets they have a reoccurring monthly charge on their card.
yall still talking about 'what he do for the black community.... This is not the point. its not about how much charity each black owned business gives out. its about BLacks rich and poor, middle class too owning more and more businesses. what part of that dont you understand? see its one thing to work for someone and make millions. thats not recycyling black dollars. but when a rich black man or broke black man has his an actual business. thats the start of recycling black dollars. If me a black man gives money to tidal. i am recycling black dollars to a degree. assuming he and be or actual owners.

the more money we keep recycling among black folks the more we become like every other nationality that understands group economics. think bigger then what has jigga done for the community.

Lets not act like jay didnt own rocafella. another black owned business, that gave quite a few jobs to ...... black people..

I've done made more millionaires than the lotto did
Dame made millions, Biggs made millions
Ye made millions, Just made millions
Lyor made millions, Cam made millions
Beans'a tell you if he wasn't in his feelins
I'm back in my bag

everyone in bold is black. was jay lying when he made this statement knowing rocafella was his label that he paid for? knowing that dispet blew up under rocafella. cam may have touched a mil right before doing juelz deal. but the rest is truth.

I mean freeway may have touched a mil overall? thats a lot of black millionaires under one umbrella.

recycling black dollars.