Jay Z Launching A Venture Capital Fund

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
Who? Why not list the names since you're so aware. :stopitslime: I hate when folks make shyt up. That's not how it works when you buy a stake in a company. Please just stop.

Make shyt up? TI stated this on Breakfast club like 2 weeks ago. fukk are you talking about breh?

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Nas works at one ranked on the same level as mid-level investment bankers, Jay-z owns one.

Definition of their careers, one is a side man and one is the show.

Nas has his own venture capital company and employees people and was the number 2 ranked celeb in capital investment (Jay was 9 at the time Im sure that will go up)
Not quite what you're projecting but ok

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
:beli:, he became one of the many co-owners last year. Why the fukk would he state that? Go listen to the interview and STFU with your wanna be know it all bullshyt...........:camby:
Nikka just stop. I don't need to listen. When you buy a stake in a company, that money DOES NOT get distributed to the owners. PERIOD. Stay out of this thread unless you're willing to educate yourself on mergers and acquisitions. I actually worked for a firm that handles these types of dealings, besides now being a business owner myself.

For a company like Tidal, that is simply money to bolster their empty coffers and improve the service.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
Nikka just stop. I don't need to listen. When you buy a stake in a company, that money DOES NOT get distributed to the owners. PERIOD. Stay out of this thread unless you're willing to educate yourself on mergers and acquisitions. I actually worked for a firm that handles these types of dealings, besides now being a business owner myself.

Yes you do need to listen you fake ass wanna be financial guru Cause he clearly states he did. Nobody gives a fukk where your fake ass works. Nobody gives a fukk what you think you know.

Another aspect of the partnership includes the creation of a "dedicated marketing fund," which a source says will have an annual budget of $75 million solely for the artist initiatives and exclusives.

Perhaps the money paid out was this additional amount provided. shyt for all you know it could have been delved out from another account. Point is the man stated he got paid. What's clear is you were provided direct proof and your big headed ass refused to acknowledge what was stated and even tried to assume what the fukk was stated. Please shut the fukk up yourself nikka............like your the end all be all.....

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
On the flipside, I wish he had bought a bigger piece of the Brooklyn Nets.. I didn't get that- less than 1% ownership stake he had in the team. With that Russian owner always in some sh*t, he could've at least owned 25% of the team imo. And maybe even more into the future. A way better look than Tidal and a few other things

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Yes you do need to listen you fake ass wanna be financial guru Cause he clearly states he did. Nobody gives a fukk where your fake ass works. Nobody gives a fukk what you think you know.

Another aspect of the partnership includes the creation of a "dedicated marketing fund," which a source says will have an annual budget of $75 million solely for the artist initiatives and exclusives.

Perhaps the money paid out was this additional amount provided. shyt for all you know it could have been delved out from another account. Point is the man stated he got paid. What's clear is you were provided direct proof and your big headed ass refused to acknowledge what was stated and even tried to assume what the fukk was stated. Please shut the fukk up yourself nikka............like your the end all be all.....
:russ: Check the post I tagged you in with video negating your whole point. Go back to filling out TPS reports in your cubicle.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
On the flipside, I wish he had bought a bigger piece of the Brooklyn Nets.. I didn't get that- less than 1% ownership stake he had in the team. With that Russian owner always in some sh*t, he could've at least owned 25% of the team imo. And maybe even more into the future. A way better look than Tidal and a few other things
You're assuming he had the capital to buy more.

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast

Yet, he was at every game...front and center. :sas1::sas2:

Nothing hard to understand - it's all about projecting a certain image. I bet you most people probably assumed he owned a large share of the team.

Last edited:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
You're assuming he had the capital to buy more.
True.. He only put up $300k for that half of a percent. Plus I don't know how much he was allowed to buy as well. But wasn't worth over a $100 million a few years ago? Plus the NBA just got a new tv deal- they're swimming in money. I strongly think he would look at the situation more seriously now than he did back then. He made it a hot line but it seems like it could've been way bigger than that looking from the outside in. Maybe I'm wrong tho

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
:wtf:

As opposed to...?
He's going to throw money at the typical Stanford, Caltech, MIT, Harvard, white/jew/asians that most vc firms already :cape: for. They can come up with an idea for a pillow sharing app and get $50M in Series A funding like that. We have to unlock the secrets of mortality to get the same backing.