Jay Z Launching A Venture Capital Fund

CHICAGOrilla

All Star
Daps
What's these companies some of y'all in here sayin y'all own?:ohhh: A young breh tryna learn to eat

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
oh wow .... im crushed .... someone I dont know, will never meet , will never make an iota of difference in my life doesnt believe me .... how will I live ... the charade is over ... lol at you thinking that what you think counts

and for the record young lady ( i can tell you are young) .... this is a message board ...... its my style of writing

You actually think that with all the people I employ, I actually write documents myself .......... lol ..... I dictate

you really are stupid.
I sure told me. :dame:

:heh:

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How did you take this as a personal attack. I come from a similar background to Jay Z and now own my own company that's doing quite well. And good for you with your well to do parents and brother who is your partner. I'm an only child and my father isn't around to help me do anything. I had to figure it out on my own.

The thing is, with all the disadvantages Jay Z was faced with, he MOST LIKELY won't extend that courtesy to young blacks looking to come up in the tech industry. I don't know why you felt the need to write out a whole diatribe.

My friend ..... firstly i dont think its a personal attack.... but I have a reason as to why I have a viewpoint and its because of my background

Kudos to you for running your own company, I know how hard it is and to be frank my father was my biggest influence, If he wasnt in the picture I definitely dont think I would be where I am ..... Firstly why do you assume he wont extend the courtesy to other young blacks, dont get me wrong Im not saying he will but Ive never understood people tearing down a man IN ADVANCE... thats what I cant stand

It would be like me saying diaM has his own company but what is he doing to help other black people ..... Its just hating in advance and without reason or foundation

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
:russ: Check the post I tagged you in with video negating your whole point. Go back to filling out TPS reports in your cubicle.

:mindblown: He clearly says "yes the proper percentages break down as it pertains to that 600 million"

Again "yes the proper percentages break down as it pertains to that 600 million"........ol double talking bytch

Piffery

All Star
Daps
How did you take this as a personal attack. I come from a similar background to Jay Z and now own my own company that's doing quite well. And good for you with your well to do parents and brother who is your partner. I'm an only child and my father isn't around to help me do anything. I had to figure it out on my own.

The thing is, with all the disadvantages Jay Z was faced with, he MOST LIKELY won't extend that courtesy to young blacks looking to come up in the tech industry. I don't know why you felt the need to write out a whole diatribe.
Jay's focus has always been on helping other blacks.
Just as much as a Nas since you seem to be holding him up as a contrast to Jay.

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I sure told me. :dame:

:heh:

lol..... snappy comeback .... I doff my cap to you madam .... your razor sharp wit and intellect is going wasted here, shouldnt you be using your talents marking some grade school english papers somewhere ....

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Innovative are none of these.. what did he START?

FACEBOOK is innovative.

Whats his "Facebook"? Anybody can hop on an established brand. Venture Cap is starting ground up, which he is NOW attempting to do
Yo, did you really not look at my post just a few above yours? The internet is full of nikkas who argue without doing ten seconds of research. Even worse, even when people do it for you, you still are too lazy to look. I used to post on the internet thinking that people on here were a bit more nuanced in their thinking. Now I realize that because everyone is on here, people are just reflective of society as a whole. If you actually think Nas has been into Venture Capital and start ups longer than Jay Z you're an idiot. Moreover, you now flipped it to "innovative" just to be a fukking hater. The most successful starts ups do not reinvent the wheel. Only a few do. Nas' most substantial start up investment is Lyft which follows Uber...and who invested in Uber at jump....oh right...Jay Z.

Every time I come on here I realize that I'm going to make money forever, because most people tend to be brainless outside of whatever their specialization in life is. Goodness. nikkas really are attempting to argue that 700 million dollar Jay Z would not be approached to be an investor before Nas :laff: :laff: :laff:

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's going to throw money at the typical Stanford, Caltech, MIT, Harvard, white/jew/asians that most vc firms already :cape: for. They can come up with an idea for a pillow sharing app and get $50M in Series A funding like that. We have to unlock the secrets of mortality to get the same backing.

Yeah, now we're getting somewhere. This is a great and valid point.

The truth is black entrepreneurs are very underrepresented in the startup world.

There's obviously a level of prejudice at play, along with relatively few black kids getting a chance at some of the ivy league institutions that are favored by these major VCs.

What's the solution? I dont know, but having more black people at the VC level is a decent start so I have to salute Hov, Nas, Pharrell and them for bucking the trend.

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo, did you really not look at my post just a few above yours? The internet is full of nikkas who argue without doing ten seconds of research. Even worse, even when people do it for you, you still are too lazy to look. I used to post on the internet thinking that people on here were a bit more nuanced in their thinking. Now I realize that because everyone is on here, people are just reflective of society as a whole. If you actually think Nas has been into Venture Capital and start ups longer than Jay Z you're an idiot. Moreover, you now flipped it to "innovative" just to be a fukking hater. The most successful starts ups do not reinvent the wheel. Only a few do. Nas' most substantial start up investment is Lyft which follows Uber...and who invested in Uber at jump....oh right...Jay Z.

Every time I come on here I realize that I'm going to make money forever, because most people tend to be brainless outside of whatever their specialization in life is. Goodness. nikkas really are attempting to argue that 700 million dollar Jay Z would not be approached to be an investor before Nas :laff: :laff: :laff:

At the end of the day all that matters is that Pras, Nas and Jay Z are making very smart moves with their money , very inspiring

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast

You are not nearly as smart and 'nuanced' as you think you are. :francis:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I fukking hate the Nas stans here.
Was Nas copying Jay when he wanted to make sports bars or when he started his clothes label?
Why don't you just make a doll of Nasir with a cock that you can suck off every night while playing Illmatic?
You're insufferable.

Esco preceded Roc-a-Wear

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Lyft is not Nas most substantial investment. Dropbox is valued close to 10billion. What VC was Jay involved with?

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps

dawg, Lyft might be 1. But Nas has had a lot of his companies he invested in get acquired. He just dont need a team to publicize his moves like Jay does.

Lets just take Whistle which was acquired for 117 million. :umad:

Iams, Pedigree pet food company acquires dog fitness tracking startup Whistle