Jay Z Launching A Venture Capital Fund

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And they're DESPERATELY trying to become profitable. Why do they think they're always cycling employees? To minimize their already gargantuan losses. Its never a good thing to operate at a loss no matter how big you are. This is how industries end up in bubbles. Sub-prime lending anyone???

Let me tell you something..... I run my own business with my brother who is my partner.... I have 36 employees .... Before that I owned a club, before that a bar.... I also have a side business thats off the books....

So believe me, I know how hard it is to run a business , how hard it is to make a profit.... for example you can have a great 5 year run a bad 6 months would put you out of business ....

I have a dgree, my brother has a masters and was a senior business consultant with one of the biggest consultancy firms in the world , I come from a well to do family and my father has connections if I need them or run into trouble ..... and i still find this shyt tough

and then you have Jay Z, a dude that never even finished high school if im not mistaken...

a dude that was never the biggest selling rapper, or the most popular, or the most educated ... and I see the steps he has made .... and I give him props

because even with all the advantages ive had in life I know how tough it is ..... its way easier to lose money than to make money...

What makes me laugh is that the people who I come across who try and downplay what I do or try and tell me how I could be doing better are the ones that arent doing as well as me, the ones that give me encouragement are the ones who are 100 times more successful

what i find funny is that his story should be inspiring ..... there are a lot of successful people that make this shyt look unobtainable , you look at them and think " this dudes a genius , i dont have the tools to do what he does"

I cant relate to the likes of Elon musk because im not a genius, I dont have any fukking vision , Im not brilliant ,all i know is i cant work for someone

you look at Jay , while hes extremely smart, hes of average intelligence , he doesnt have a great education... and what I get from him is, If he can do it so

can I...

Dude is just a regular cat from Marcy who had a talent , and hes run with it

Before when i had time i used to mentor school dropouts at a community centre along with some other dudes, and I was one of the most popular because they could relate to me, they couldnt relate to the surgeon that always wanted to be a Dr and had worked very hard to get a scholarship to the right school, they couldnt relate to the guy that had a million dollar tech company because he was a genius ... they could relate to me because i liked hip hop, I wasnt particularly academically gifted, i could be lazy, I liked to party , i used to be a crook, and because i more or less went into business by accident , there was nothing special about me other than the fact that I ws extremely focussed ....If i could do it , so could they

People doing their utmost to downplay another mans achievements smh .......

I

Last edited:

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
He's going to throw money at the typical Stanford, Caltech, MIT, Harvard, white/jew/asians that most vc firms already :cape: for. They can come up with an idea for a pillow sharing app and get $50M in Series A funding like that. We have to unlock the secrets of mortality to get the same backing.
Even degrees from those schools ain't enough if you're black. :patrice:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Yet, he was at every game...front and center. :sas1::sas2:

Nothing hard to understand - it's all about projecting a certain image. I bet you must people probably assumed he owned a large share of the team.
I knew it wasn't a large share but I thought it was at least like Magic Johnson owning 5% of the Dodgers type situation for Jay. Most people didn't know his percentage until the article came out. But dude was rapping "I can park at my own arena" and whatnot :hhh:

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
I knew it wasn't a large share but I thought it was at least like Magic Johnson owning 5% of the Dodgers type situation for Jay. Most people didn't know his percentage until the article came out. But dude was rapping "I can park at my own arena" and whatnot :hhh:

You, see? :sas1:

My point exactly. :sas2:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Let me tell you something..... I run my own business with my brother who is my partner.... I have 36 employees .... Before that I owned a club, before that a bar.... I also have a side business thats off the books....

So believe me, I know how hard it is to run a business , how hard it is to make a profit.... for example you can have a great 5 year run a bad 6 months would put you out of business ....

I have a dgree, my brother has a masters and was a senior business consultant with one of the biggest consultancy firms in the world , I come from a well to do family and my father has connections if I need them or run into trouble ..... and i still find this shyt tough

and then you have Jay Z, a dude that never even finished high school if im not mistaken...

a dude that was never the biggest selling rapper, or the most popular, or the most educated ... and I see the steps he has made .... and I give him props

because even with all the advantages ive had in life I know how tough it is ..... its way easier to lose money than to make money...

What makes me laugh is that the people who I come across who try and downplay what I do or try and tell me how I could be doing better are the ones that arent doing as well as me, the ones that give me encouragement are the ones who are 100 times more successful

what i find funny is that his story should be inspiring ..... there are a lot of successful people that make this shyt look unobtainable , you look at them and think " this dudes a genius , i dont have the tools do what he does"

I cant relate to the likes of Elon musk because im not a genius, I dont have any fukking vision , Im not brilliant ,all i know is i cant work for someone

you look at Jay , while hes extremely smart, hes of average intelligence , he doesnt have a great education... and what I get from him is, If he can do it so

can I...

Before when i had time i used to mentor school dropouts at a community centre along with some other dudes, and I was one of the most popular because they could relate to me, they couldnt relate to the surgeon that always wanted to be a Dr and had worked very hard to get a scholarship to the right school, they couldnt relate to the guy that had a million dollar tech company because he was a genius ... they could relate to me because i liked hip hop, I wasnt particularly academically gifted, i could be lazy, I liked to party , i used to be a crook, and because i more or less went into business by accident , there was nothing special about me other than the fact that I ws extremely focussed ....If i could do it , so could they

I
How did you take this as a personal attack. I come from a similar background to Jay Z and now own my own company that's doing quite well. And good for you with your well to do parents and brother who is your partner. I'm an only child and my father isn't around to help me do anything. I had to figure it out on my own.

The thing is, with all the disadvantages Jay Z was faced with, he MOST LIKELY won't extend that courtesy to young blacks looking to come up in the tech industry. I don't know why you felt the need to write out a whole diatribe.

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast

what i find funny is that his story should be inspiring ..... there are a lot of successful people that make this shyt look unobtainable , you look at them and think " this dudes a genius , i dont have the tools do what he does"

can I...

I

Run a business and can't even write a sentence or paragraph without ellipses(.....). :dame:

:russ:

And for the record, based on what you've written here today, no one believes you. :francis:

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dame:

You are as dumb as a lamp post.

Your dumb ass actually thinks Jay and Bey don't live/have a carefully curated life/image. :russ:
Jay's target audience to a T. :heh:

funny how everything you posted when I asked you to provide proof you couldnt.... I dont know what kind of person watches another persons pockets to the point where they are saying that they are deceiving people into how much money they have..... you are either his accountant, business manager or a lunatic...lol must kill you to see people successful huh?

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
How did you take this as a personal attack. I come from a similar background to Jay Z and now own my own company that's doing quite well. And good for you with your well to do parents and brother who is your partner. I'm an only child and my father isn't around to help me do anything. I had to figure it out on my own.

The thing is, with all the disadvantages Jay Z was faced with, he MOST LIKELY won't extend that courtesy to young blacks looking to come up in the tech industry. I don't know why you felt the need to write out a whole diatribe.

You actually believed those duck tales. :gucci:

Hey, I'm an only child too! Big ups!:lolbron:

rastafarwrite81

Reppin fine wine and cigars!
Daps
Reppin
Miami
this thread is jokes, but I must say that @Ms.Elaine and @DialM are more than knowledgeable about this topic.

Some in here need to refrain from speaking about stuff they have no understanding for

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
funny how everything you posted when I asked you to provide proof you couldnt.... I dont know what kind of person watches another persons pockets to the point where they are saying that they are deceiving people into how much money they have..... you are either his accountant, business manager or a lunatic...lol must kill you to see people successful huh?

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Run a business and can't even write a sentence or paragraph without ellipses(.....). :dame:

And for the record, based on what you've written here today, no one believes you. :francis:

oh wow .... im crushed .... someone I dont know, will never meet , will never make an iota of difference in my life doesnt believe me .... how will I live ... the charade is over ... lol at you thinking that what you think counts

and for the record young lady ( i can tell you are young) .... this is a message board ...... its my style of writing

You actually think that with all the people I employ, I actually write documents myself .......... lol ..... I dictate

you really are stupid.

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
"On the road to a billie I can't take the same route" :salute: Shawn and best of luck...