Jay Z image is why he is GOAT.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
And how exactly did you get that from what he said?

the thread title and first sentence of this thread

"Jay-Z image is why he is GOAT."

" If Jay Z wasn't worth 200 million, married to Beyonce and didn't push a image of superiority would as many people still rate him as highly as they do?"

you're saying exactly that. People don't feel Jay-Z's music, they feel his him because he has a boss image and married beyonce. that's the most foolish shyt i've ever heard. How are you gonna tell me, a Jay-Z fan, that I'm don't like his music? I guess people only feel Nas because his image of a backpack rapper who stayed true to the "essence." Yep, has nothing to do with his music, it's all his purist image.

fukk outta here man

Mr Miyagi

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so what you telling me is I don't like Jay-Z's music, I like his image?

so all this time I been listening to BP and Reasonable Doubt, etc. I didn't actually dig the verses? I just liked that he had money and married Beyonce?

damn, you may just be right. that makes a LOT of sense....

:childplease:

you faggits sound so fukking stupid :laff:you dudes continue to come up with ways to embarrass yourselves. Just stop posting. why is it so hard for you clowns to believe that people like Jay-Z's raps? ROFL this shyts truly hilarious to watch.

I said Jay Z is incredibly talented, but its his image that elevates him to GOAT in many peoples eyes.

Jay Z catalogue is good but i wouldn't say it is much better than the likes of Scarface, Ghostface, Common, rappers who are rarely mentioned as GOATs by the fairweather hip hop fan.

ALso i would say Jay has got away with half assing the last few years, theres very few times where he has hit the lyrical echelons we know he is capable off, the verse posted show this, its a verse i wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Fab and Wayne spat, but because its Jay, and he actually has the means to back up his expensive talk people think its the greatest shyt ever.

He is very sporadic as of late, while someone like Nas has consistently dropped great verses on guest appearances and followed it up with some great verses on his album as well.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps

I don't like that song, I liked the image he portrayed in it

If he had 20 dollars and married Jazmine Sullivan, I would think Jay-Z was the WOAT rapper

:duck:

that's word to the threadstarter and his groundbreaking Sigmund Freud theories :duck:

I said Jay Z is incredibly talented, but its his image that elevates him to GOAT in many peoples eyes.

Jay Z catalogue is good but i wouldn't say it is much better than the likes of Scarface, Ghostface, Common, rappers who are rarely mentioned as GOATs by the fairweather hip hop fan.

ALso i would say Jay has got away with half assing the last few years, theres very few times where he has hit the lyrical echelons we know he is capable off, the verse posted show this, its a verse i wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Fab and Wayne spat, but because its Jay, and he actually has the means to back up his expensive talk people think its the greatest shyt ever.

He is very sporadic as of late, while someone like Nas has consistently dropped great verses on guest appearances and followed it up with some great verses on his album as well.

this entire post is YOUR opinion. nikka you don't reflect me or any other Jay-Z fan.

I like Nas infinitely more than I like Jay, and I don't feel Jay-Z is the GOAt, I feel Nas is. But with that said, how are you gonna sit here and try to tell people who like Jay-Z that they actually don't? Even if you don't realize that's what you're doing, it pretty much is.

you're saying people only feel he's the GOAT because of the image he puts off...dude, how do you know this? why downplay his music like that? you might now feel his music like that, but some people do. there's nikkas walking around with Jay-Z quotes tattooed on their flesh. I doubt its because they liked his image. The quote, whatever it was, probably touched them....Jay probably stole it from Biggie tho :deadrose:

:jawalrus:

Nah, but forreal....some people love Jay-Z and the music he puts out. The sooner you dudes realize and accept that, the better. Its that simple son. Ya'll bringing all these assumptions and baseless theories to the argument for no reason. Its not that deep.

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
as a businessman he's one of the best

as an mc...ill never understand why hes so hyped up

Because he one of the nicest to ever spit in the mic.

Jay is THE MOST critiqued rapper EVER. Doesnt he say in his verse that he's freestyling?

This dude's mc skills have long been established as top notch.

His image? The only thing about his image is that there is more truth to it than the average rapper who has the same image. Other than that there is nothing unique about it.

Nobody cares about an image that much where that would be the driving force behind a dude maintaining a rap career for 16 years now. C'mon son, thats just stupid. Images only get you noticed. They dont bring longevity.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

" If Jay Z wasn't worth 200 million, married to Beyonce and didn't push a image of superiority would as many people still rate him as highly as they do?"

you're saying exactly that. People don't feel Jay-Z's music, they feel his him because he has a boss image and married beyonce. that's the most foolish shyt i've ever heard. How are you gonna tell me, a Jay-Z fan, that I'm don't like his music? I guess people only feel Nas because his image of a backpack rapper who stayed true to the "essence." Yep, has nothing to do with his music, it's all his purist image.

fukk outta here man

For one I am not the thread starter. It seems the t/s was speaking on most people. And if you look at how most people post on here it kinda hard to disagree as most bring up Beyonce and his money when others try to speak on lyrics.

So it seem you took offense but I am still not sure as to why

Mr Miyagi

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL

fukk outta here man

Who has been the better rapper in the last 5 years Nas or Jay?

If you were to ask, the average rap fan who is the best rapper alive today, who would get more votes? Most probably Jay Z, no?

I think that has a lot to do with image.

Daps
He says things that people say all the time in their raps...its the fact that alot of it is truth that brings the positive image

whether that be the drug dealer tales or the richer than you type raps...

he's been validated in both areas so nikkas dig it :manny:

Mr Miyagi

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because he one of the nicest to ever spit in the mic.

Jay is THE MOST critiqued rapper EVER. Doesnt he say in his verse that he's freestyling?

This dude's mc skills have long been established as top notch.

His image? The only thing about his image is that there is more truth to it than the average rapper who has the same image. Other than that there is nothing unique about it.

Nobody cares about an image that much where that would be the driving force behind a dude maintaining a rap career for 16 years now. C'mon son.

The dudes skills haven't been top notch since 2006, yet he is still probably the best rapper alive to most today.

When people can rate verses like the one posted as great, i have to ask questions, it may not apply to you but a whole lot of people are enamored with Jay Z the man as much as the music.

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
Its not triple beam dreaming, it's a flow and delivery nikkas haven't heard from a dude with 1 and 1/2 decades of music. Again Hov is the only one who comes out fresh and original with every single verse. Just one of the many special features he's got.

And no, his image has just established him as the coolest rapper, the biggest boss, the flyest hood nikka and what ever he and other cats call it. Which he always considered himself and tried to push. But he backs it up with music as well, as many classics or more as the nikkas who has nothing besides music, more grammys, more mics in the source, more imitated, bigger influence, even better freestyles, obviously a lot better shows. So he backs it up, nikka went to the gym and kept it cool to go on tour. THese other nikkas chief and get faded everyday to give you a half ass show.

He works hard to perfect his shyt, he captured different audiences, he's done all types of rap music but in his own fashion and he's always on some other shyt that's why he attracts new fans and haters all the time. Not cause he's a boss.

eminem-stan.jpg

My tea's gone cold, I'm wondrin' whyyyyy...:whistle:

Mr Miyagi

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't like that song, I liked the image he portrayed in it

If he had 20 dollars and married Jazmine Sullivan, I would think Jay-Z was the WOAT rapper

:duck:

that's word to the threadstarter and his groundbreaking Sigmund Freud theories :duck:

this entire post is YOUR opinion. nikka you don't reflect me or any other Jay-Z fan.

I like Nas infinitely more than I like Jay, and I don't feel Jay-Z is the GOAt, I feel Nas is. But with that said, how are you gonna sit here and try to tell people who like Jay-Z that they actually don't? Even if you don't realize that's what you're doing, it pretty much is.

you're saying people only feel he's the GOAT because of the image he puts off...dude, how do you know this? why downplay his music like that? you might now feel his music like that, but some people do. there's nikkas walking around with Jay-Z quotes tattooed on their flesh. I doubt its because they liked his image. The quote, whatever it was, probably touched them....he probably stole it from Biggie tho :deadrose:

Nah, but forreal....some people love Jay-Z and the music he puts out. The sooner you dudes realize and accept that, the better. Its that simple son.

Of course its MY opinion, nos hit sherlock, isn't that what threads are for?

I didn't say all, and i like Jay as well, but i would be lying if i said that Jay has lived up to his name in the past few years, from 2006 he has been a rapper marred with inconsistency, who showcases his talent sporadically.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
For one I am not the thread starter. It seems the t/s was speaking on most people. And if you look at how most people post on here it kinda hard to disagree as most bring up Beyonce and his money when others try to speak on lyrics.

So it seem you took offense but I am still not sure as to why

:rolleyes: this is probably the worst lie told on hip hop message board history, and its said so much dumb dikkriding nikkaz actually start to repeat it, nobody talks about jay money when trying to comparing albumss and lyrics, if so post it

Mr Miyagi

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:rolleyes: this is probably the worst lie told on hip hop message board history, and its said so much dumb dikkriding nikkaz actually start to repeat it, nobody talks about jay money when trying to comparing albumss and lyrics, if so post it

U see it more on twitter and such, people that post on hip hop forums are more learned than that, even so i've still seen it mentioned before especially in the guise of 'Jiggas had more number 1s' 'Has had more hit singles' etc

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Jays mission is greater than just trying to impress the few cats who only care about lyrics.
He made BP3 to tour the world, people will never forget those shows. New Yorkers will remember ESOM and the Yankees winning and riding to that joint forever. And on.

Jay-z is not dropping the same classic, he's dropping different types of classics. nikkas will remember the club classics, the pop classics, the street classics, the arena classics. How Em was :yawn: and Jay had joints that everyone were rapping along to.

I've noticed that a some cats can't see the mission Jay is on, he's just trying to shyt out as many classic moments to as many people as possible and win the most prestigious prices along the road. From Pitchfork to The Source to the Grammys. Most great artist goes outside of their comfort zones, from the Beatles to Dr. Dre.
And in most cases these projects outside of their comfort zones are as memorable as their comfort zone shyt.