Jay Z image is why he is GOAT.

Daps
Well at least I know Jay will do more shows. I need to jump on the next show because I keep missing them.

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jigger's a clown...but because he has money other clowns worship him like he's somebody.

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
jay-z-skinny-jeans-c-the-jasmine-brand.jpg

jay.jpg

rmpic251.jpg

Like i said...clown.

Mr Miyagi

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Obviously he has the talent, but most will still if you asked to day who was the best rapper alive say Jay Z, even though other rappers have been far more consistent.

That verse is interchangeable with what the likes of Fab, and Jadakiss have been spitting for the last few years.

Mr Miyagi

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas actin like hes supposed to be jumpin on these nikkas tracks like hes an unsigned act trying to get a buzz...nikka him being on the song is the buzz..they called him

nikkas ain't acting like anything, if your jumping on a track as a self proclaimed GOAT i expect you to bring it nearly every time without fail.

Mr Miyagi

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the song is called 3 kings...hes on there talkin about king shyt that none of us will ever see..basquiats and shyt...that nikka did his job

Its not about what hes talking about, its the lazy uninspired flow he is rapping also, the fact that lyrically its poor, Jay talks about money on every track anyways.

Daps
Jay Z is just a regular dude with money who happened to make good catchy songs. One of my dads friends is his florist and he tells him that nikka and Beyonce arent even about that Voss life. Theyre drinking Nasty ass Poland Spring.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Its not about what hes talking about, its the lazy uninspired flow he is rapping also, the fact that lyrically its poor, Jay talks about money on every track anyways.
Lyrically poor? I bet most of you cats missed the 4-5 double entendres and metaphors in his verse. Maybe caught the simple ones like the Max B one.

Lazy, uninspired? He sounded like should've sounded. Jay has a 10000 flows and deliveries. All perfectly fit for the mood of the verse his delivering. Few cats can do this. Bet a stack on that Jay could sound like Blueprint Jay any given time. But he's secure in his position, so he tries new shyt every time. His fans appreciate that, it's his haters who wanna hear BP or RD Jay all the time.

Daps

Because unlike other rappers Jay Z cant just lie on tracks. How its gonna look him talking about Marcy projects when noone in his family has been there for god knows how long? The last time Jay talked about gangsta shyt was Vol. 3. Then after that he was just talking about nothing like he is now. He's always been talkin about money but I figured he got bored rapping. I knew he was going to get sick of it. He doesn't need to rap anymore, to me he just does it because he's contractually obligated.

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Jay does his thing musically been in the game for 15+ years, has a good catalogue of music, only thing is that lately he's been hit or miss, I honestly think Jay knows whats up, he knows he can drop an average to garbage song and his stans will overrrate it talking about double entendres and all types of foolishness. Jay needs to comeback hard with his next album, its been 5 years since he did anything listenable, Wtt and Bp3 were very forgettable

Daps
If Jay Z wasn't worth 200 million, married to Beyonce and didn't push a image of superiority would as many people still rate him as highly as they do?

In my opinion Jay has marketed himself better than any other rapper before him, i mean his latest verse has been making twitter go beserk, yet is it really a great verse?

Is it triple beam dream level?

It’s just different, I know it feels different
I only love her if her eyes brown
Play this **** while you play around with my crown
King H-O, yall should know by now
If you don’t know
Millions on my wall in all my rooms
nikkas couldn’t **** with my daughters room
nikkas couldn’t walk in my daughters socks
Banksy *****es, Basquiats
I ran through that buck 50, Live Nation fronted me
They working on another deal, they talking 250
I’m holding out for 3, 275 and I just might agree
Ex D-boy, used to park my Beemer
Now look at me I can park at my own Arena
I only love her if her weave new
I’m still a hood *****, what you want me to do?
Been hoppin’ out the BM with your bm
Taking her places you can’t go with your per-diem
Screaming carpe diem until I’m a dead poet
Robin Williams ****, I deserve a Golden Globe
I take an Ace in the meanwhile
You aint gotta keep this, it’s just a freestyle
**** rap money, I made more off crates
**** show money, I spent that on drapes
Close the curtains, **** boy out my face
I whip the coke, let the lawyer beat the case
Murder was the case that they gave me
I killed the Hermes store somebody save me
Stuntin’ to the max like wavy
Ooh ****, stuntin’ to the max I’m so wavy
Used to shop in TJ Maxx back in ’83
I didn’t even know if it was open then
I aint know Oprah then
Had the Xl80 bike, loud motor
They be like, damn when I’m coming through
Had a grill in ’88
Ya’ll nikkas is late
You got all that right?
I love this **** like my own daughter
And spray these nikkas baby just like daddy taught ya
Young, it’s just different

WAS THIS THE NEW FREESTYLE? IF SO, TWAS DOPE.

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
Jay does his thing musically been in the game for 15+ years, has a good catalogue of music, only thing is that lately he's been hit or miss, I honestly think Jay knows whats up, he knows he can drop an average to garbage song and his stans will overrrate it talking about double entendres and all types of foolishness. Jay needs to comeback hard with his next album, its been 5 years since he did anything listenable, Wtt and Bp3 were very forgettable

to satisfy who?? you?

hes not makin friend or foe 2013, sorry to break it to u guys

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Because unlike other rappers Jay Z cant just lie on tracks. How its gonna look him talking about Marcy projects when noone in his family has been there for god knows how long? The last time Jay talked about gangsta shyt was Vol. 3. Then after that he was just talking about nothing like he is now. He's always been talkin about money but I figured he got bored rapping. I knew he was going to get sick of it. He doesn't need to rap anymore, to me he just does it because he's contractually obligated.

Yeah this really how it is.
Jay just talks about what he's going through in his life currently. I really wanna see Jay get on some introspective shyt tho like talk more about historical things, and certain socio-economic issues along with arts and culture (and the cookie cutter "George Bush is a racist" or vote for Obama but shyt like Africans historical influence on the world, were they the first architects and shyt like that). I feel jay is one of the few that could do this kind of rap in a non-corny way that can actually be enjoyable to listen and make you think at the same time. I know da nikka been getting his reading on and shyt but a concept album where he discusses some of these things and some of the shyt he's learned while being and entrepreneur (basically something that can teach and be more informative). now will he do these things at the current rate I dont it cause like you said he seems to be rapping just to fulfill his contractual obligation but hey who am I

HoLLaBaCK

SOHH ICEY
Daps
Reppin
New York
Nas drops whats IMO album of the year, and Jay drops a throw away verse and got everybody feeling some kinda way, either u love him or hate him...no inbetween.

To the OP yeah some people like him cause of his image...let's be real though if he was Joe Shmoe with the catalog he has right now...nikkas would love him like they love NAS.

Hov said it best...

"first album nikkas loved me cuz they thought i was poor/ now I'm successful industry dont love me no more"

Yeah some people love him for his image but just the same nikkas hate him for that image 2.