Jay Z blames single black parent households for Police Brutality

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Black people who grow up without fathers find it difficult when another man in this case, officer of the law, tells them what to do. So what did he say which was wrong?

People who commit crime should be in jail. Again what did he say which was wrong?
Do you get the concept of power verses powerless?

If the laws enacted are unfair how should the people who suffer under these laws seek redress?

Was MLK JR a fatherless thug?

Laws are rules for people without by people with. And by with I mean bigger guns. But that’s my idea on “laws”. Don’t get me started on “social norms”.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
I'm not claiming Kanye isn't a superc00n. I'm saying the motivation is different. Kanye clearly has mental issues and needs help, Jay doesn't, he's just selling out.
Capitalism is a mental problem. There’s no difference between hoarding newspapers for 60 years and hoarding cash for 1000 years.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I ain’t a Jay-Z Stan but he clearly isn’t blaming single mothers or their households.

He is blaming it on the mentality that one has coming from that which he personally experienced. Why the clickbait title and spin of what he said. I understand what he is saying but I guess expressing yourself and articulating your POV in front of white folks is considered c00ning and selling out to y’all.

Better to hide the issues/problems and not address them in public.

Correlation is not causation breh. His words are irresponsible.

1. The black men who were killed by cops did not all come from single parent homes
2. The black men who were killed by cops were not all anti authority
3. White kids raised in 2 parent homes have far less respect for authority and yet this doesn't factor the same way with police.

This is yet another nuanced means of shifting blame away from those who truly deserve it.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I retract that statement, it does look like it’s fake.

Still, I’ve heard her speak recently, and it was very much in the frame of women and gay rights, not very much about black people.
It’s fake. And she’s a woman, and has been talking about Black women’s issues for decades. You can talk about systemic oppression in more than one way, and about more than one group

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ok he ain't lying. I am a woman and single mom household's create alot of problems. Jay z is a rapper forget the messenger but what he's saying is right.

Why are black women immune from criticism when it comes to single households. Alot of them behave like devil's toward the children which produce broken men and women. Why can't black people accept the truth. Every other culture recognise the impact of single mom's on the culture hence the taboo of it. But with black people the crazy has become normal.

Single mom's ain't normal, why don't the majority of black men understand this basic azz point.

The fukk this gotta do with a cop executing a young black man in the street for absolutely nothing?
I dont care if your single mom was satan herself, this isn't what we talking about

You wanna bash single moms, there are a million threads for that, i suggest you find one.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yea police abuse authority that's obvious and its true, hov shouldn't have left that part of the equation out.

But J is also right in saying that single parent household structures have an adverse effect on youth development in black communities. All hov is saying is that that in some cases that effect causes a lack of respect for authority.

Statistics have proven this and we've been repeating the same on this forum for years constantly, but when J says it everyone pretends to not know what hes talking about.

Its a completely separate issue that has no basis or relevance to a cop choosing to kill a black man where a white man would have survived.

That's like me saying "Yeah racism in hiring practices is a real issue and that's true, but we also need to talk about black home ownership and how our lack homeowners has an adverse impact on our financial state"

You owning a home or not is not what causes you to get overlooked in favor or cacs for jobs you are qualified for.
A black man having 2 parents vs 1 is not what gets him killed over a cac when a policeman decides to abuse authority and kill.

The crazy thing about what Jay said is that this is a talking point i've heard from cacs since BLM started. But i guess some of ya'll must have agreed, just needed a black face to say it...:jbhmm:
Which is what the NFL was banking on.:ohhh:

And they were right :francis:

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hov should change the lyrics in “99 problems”:

Because I’m going and I’m black
And my hat’s real low

To

Because I’m young and I’m black
And I’m from a single parent home

:mjlol:
:russ:

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
a show like snowfall airing while i'm older already reminded me why i should have been thinking negatively about people like jay-z all along. when i was younger we didn't think about the crack dealers as basically black kkk members setting out to destroy the community. we saw the luxury cars and jewelry and was like damn they are balling. that's why when our favorite rappers were talking about their history of black destruction we said yeah they had credibility. so it doesn't surprise me that a crack dealer doesn't care about anyone other than those closest to him, it's who they are.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Jay outchea Black victim blaming and respectability politicking

It seems like his mission statement here with this “coalition” is to let white racists off the hook. I thought being a shield for the NFL shield was bad. But this nikka done went full Cosby.

:snoop:

How many of these videos of unarmed Black folks getting killed, were instigated by the Black person screaming “fukk you!!” to the cop?

This nikka is creating a Black boogeyman. Right wingers gonna love this.