Jay Williams: "LeBron is the GOAT because of his social activism"

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
:dwillhuh:

You don’t think he has a claim of one of the GOAT heavyweight champs based purely on boxing merit?

Dude should be bushed from the Coli for that statement :camby:

But LeBron stans are funny.. they lost the entire sports argument against Jordan, and now are resorting to off the field "activism" :umad:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
this is no different than people filming themselves doing nice shyt for homeless people like feeding them or giving them money and then they throw it up on IG on FB for likes :francis:
is it a really a genuine act of kindness if you're doing it out of vanity :jbhmm:

quiet as kept, MJ did a LOT of charitable shyt behind the scenes and not only did he NOT go out of his way to publicize it, a lotta times he didn't even want people to know :manny:
That’s trash. You just want to feel that way. Folks willing to at the time of their height of popularity to not be afraid of being an advocate for Black kids aren’t doing that for white applause.

that’s just you being a shyt niqqa who doesn’t want to like the guy at all costs.

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY
Lebron should speak out on the Ahmaud Arbery lynching in Georgia. The season is suspended at the moment. What's the excuse?

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
The School is super dope so I'm not mad at that. But D Rob and Jalen Rise did it first....

Social Activism? I didn't really see him do anything too much differently than the other athletes of this era..

I know Jordan got shytted on for saying Republicans wear his shoes too... But I got a similar vibe when LeBron was asked about China and didn't want to speak on that. His social activism is sponsored by Nike.

NYC Rebel

Daps
The School is super dope so I'm not mad at that. But D Rob and Jalen Rise did it first....

Social Activism? I didn't really see him do anything too much differently than the other athletes of this era..

I know Jordan got shytted on for saying Republicans wear his shoes too... But I got a similar vibe when LeBron was asked about China and didn't want to speak on that. His social activism is sponsored by Nike.
fukk outta here with this dumb shyt. MJ and Republican rant was tied to Black folk, and you want to put that up on Bron and China?

what type of cac shyt is this? :mjlol:

Y’all niqqas try too hard

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
That’s trash. You just want to feel that way. Folks willing to at the time of their height of popularity to not be afraid of being an advocate for Black kids aren’t doing that for white applause.

that’s just you being a shyt niqqa who doesn’t want to like the guy at all costs.
nikka you trash, and you've got blinders on in regards to the obvious just because you want to like a guy at all costs :umad:

you lucky I fux wit your opinions outside of the Coliseum :ufdup:

NYC Rebel

Daps
nikka you trash, and you've got blinders on in regards to the obvious just because you want to like a guy at all costs :umad:

you lucky I fux wit your opinions outside of the Coliseum :ufdup:

Nope. When someone uses the height of their popularity in the name of black philanthropy, that's a good thing. The kids who have actual interest see it. The cacs who hate him see it. Waiting until after he retired doesn't garner the same interest, and to turn that into something self serving, that's an issue with you. Just say you don't like the guy and keep it moving. It's that shyt which had many criticize MJ. At the height of his popularity, he demonstrated zero philanthropic efforts directed to poor Blacks.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
On some real shyt it’s very disturbing to see activism get cheapened like this. That shyt is serious and could cost an athlete their very careers. To risk your dreams and everything you worked hard for in sacrifice of a principle, cause, or simply for the people is a very powerful act that makes the bond between themselves and the fans more deep and nearly sacred.

That shouldn’t be a prerequisite of being a GOAT in a sport because activism is a whole different sport in general. It’s only for the few and it chooses elite talent and lower tier alike. If an athlete is a true activist as well then he or she will be celebrated for it, but that activism has almost nothing to do with what they do in sports itself. Activism is something much more important.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
On some real shyt it’s very disturbing to see activism get cheapened like this. That shyt is serious and could cost an athlete their very careers. To risk your dreams and everything you worked hard for in sacrifice of a principle, cause, or simply for the people is a very powerful act that makes the bond between themselves and the fans more deep and nearly sacred.

That shouldn’t be a prerequisite of being a GOAT in a sport because activism is a whole different sport in general. It’s only for the few and it chooses elite talent and lower tier alike. If an athlete is a true activist as well then he or she will be celebrated for it, but that activism has almost nothing to do with what they do in sports itself. Activism is something much more important.

YOU GOTTA REALIZE JAY WILLIAMS
IS WHITE WASHED AS fukk
SO THIS DOESNT SURPRISE ME AT ALL
COMING FROM HIM.

:devil:
:evil: