Jay Williams: "LeBron is the GOAT because of his social activism"

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
On some real shyt it’s very disturbing to see activism get cheapened like this. That shyt is serious and could cost an athlete their very careers. To risk your dreams and everything you worked hard for in sacrifice of a principle, cause, or simply for the people is a very powerful act that makes the bond between themselves and the fans more deep and nearly sacred.

That shouldn’t be a prerequisite of being a GOAT in a sport because activism is a whole different sport in general. It’s only for the few and it chooses elite talent and lower tier alike. If an athlete is a true activist as well then he or she will be celebrated for it, but that activism has almost nothing to do with what they do in sports itself. Activism is something much more important.
I hope you have the same heat when ESPN airs that garbage Blackballed special on the Clippers.

I"m sorry...the NBA social activism thing that heads celebrated as the league being more "open" is PR plastic and only challenges things that everyone rallies around (disliking Donald Sterling).

Last edited:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
YOU GOTTA REALIZE JAY WILLIAMS
IS WHITE WASHED AS fukk
SO THIS DOESNT SURPRISE ME AT ALL
COMING FROM HIM.

:devil:
:evil:

I didn’t think he was a total idiot tho...:ld:

I hope you have the same heat when ESPN airs that garbage Blackballed special on the Clippers.

I"m sorry...the NBA social activism thing that heads celebrated as the league being more "open" is PR plastic and only challenges things that everyone rallies around (disliking Donald Sterling).

Why would I fukk with anything clipshyt related? Let alone some weak ass inside out shirt bullshyt?

I guess I should clarify, my views of activism are much deeper than the sanitized corporate brand “wokeness” that makes up the majority of protest in sports. Therefore, using something like activism should have nothing to do with an athlete’s position on the totem pole of OATs because by nature or by nature of their business they typically are not true social activists of the highest order. Philanthropy can be a form of activism somewhat but it’s not the same as taking a real position and standing by it and using your position to attempt to bring change even at the risk of your career.

NYC Rebel

Daps
I didn’t think he was a total idiot tho...:ld:

Why would I fukk with anything clipshyt related? Let alone some weak ass inside out shirt bullshyt?

I guess I should clarify, my views of activism are much deeper than the sanitized corporate brand “wokeness” that makes up the majority of protest in sports. Therefore, using something like activism should have nothing to do with an athlete’s position on the totem pole of OATs because by nature or by nature of their business they typically are not true social activists of the highest order. Philanthropy can be a form of activism somewhat but it’s not the same as taking a real position and standing by it and using your position to attempt to bring change even at the risk of your career.
Who cares if it's fanbase "clipshyt?" Aren't you Black first? :dahell:

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Lebron is like Barack. His voice seemed "revolutionary" for a hot second mainly because we were coming off 20 years of apolitical/neoliberal popular culture, (which Michael Jordan was the prime example of). But as soon as the woke/social media era picked up people became politically engaged and radical overnight so Bron's mild political takes look (rightfully) insignificant and trite in comparison.

But for a brief moment people were legit impressed that a star of caliber even "spoke up" cuz we rarely saw it from previous generations.

Fallacy

Replace the last name with an X
Daps
Jay is a idiot just like the rest of espn.., Lebron is great on and off the court, but quit the bullshyt with the ali shyt

number 1... it was D Rose who had on I can’t breathe t shirt and Lebron copied and Lebron got more notice

number 2. It was d wade who had on the hoodie for Trayvon and Lebron once again followed

number 3. Tamir Rice gets killed in Cleveland and he stays quiet and nothing to say

close thread

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Who cares if it's fanbase "clipshyt?" Aren't you Black first? :dahell:

I am, but what does that have to do with a basic ass doc about a basic ass protest over a racist old cac that’s always been racist and it was known he was racist for the longest but people still let it ride anyway? How is my Blackness in question because I’m not interested in watching? Calling it some clipshyt content is just in humor, in truth that whole episode was disgusting to me.

NYC Rebel

Daps
I am, but what does that have to do with a basic ass doc about a basic ass protest over a racist old cac that’s always been racist and it was known he was racist for the longest but people still let it ride anyway? How is my Blackness in question because I’m not interested in watching? Calling it some clipshyt content is just in humor, in truth that whole episode was disgusting to me.
the issue itself was directed towards us coming from a man who hated us. Who cares what team was involved? I dont get you dudes who let team or player dislike color everything, even anti blackness

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
the issue itself was directed towards us coming from a man who hated us. Who cares what team was involved? I dont get you dudes who let team or player dislike color everything, even anti blackness

He should’ve never been there in the first place. He had years of history behind him but the NAACP even gave him an award. His racist shyt was all known and the recordings confirmed it but the players did some weak ass inside out shirt shyt instead of weaponizing their labor in true radical activist fashion.

Whole fukkin episode was weak breh. I don’t need to watch some doc to remind me. Nor does that put into question my Blackness.

NYC Rebel

Daps
He should’ve never been there in the first place. He had years of history behind him but the NAACP even gave him an award. His racist shyt was all known and the recordings confirmed it but the players did some weak ass inside out shirt shyt instead of weaponizing their labor in true radical activist fashion.

Whole fukkin episode was weak breh. I don’t need to watch some doc to remind me. Nor does that put into question my Blackness.
So why bring up “clipset”? That made no sense.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
He’s doing this again?:snoop: These athletes aren’t doing anything career threatening. Stop trying to make shyt different than it is smh. None of them are about to get their Kaepernick on anytime soon. I’m tired of people thinking just because you do some shyt that’s trending on Twitter, you’re putting anything at risk. People will be mad on social media but it’s hard to know who’s real mad with all the trolling and bullshyt going on online these days. Wearing a T-shirt is not taking a big stance.. It’s a good gesture, but nobody is getting rid of you for wearing a T-shirt.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Whos the player that used to come on 1st Take that yall was always ckowning? Lol
Light skin brother.
I think Jay mighta took his spot.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
So why bring up “clipset”? That made no sense.

I said it two replies ago, it was in humor. Nothing deep, just ironic given it’s a current rival but nothin deep.

But the real reason is because the whole thing was just disgusting to me. From the sudden shock and outrage after years of looking the other way to the weak fake woke neutered protest over it. I was rooting for those players to take a real stand and they didn’t. Whole shyt was :snoop: to me.