Jay Morrison & The Tulsa Real Estate Fund (Official Thread)

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Did people sign off on this? You would need liability forms for things like this, no?

This is why education is important. Real Education, not bullshyt knowledge. :russ:

That’s HIS building. SMH, black folks is the easiest to hustle. Just throw in a few buzzwords and appeal to our legacy of suffering and these con men laugh straight to the bank
Can't stand when nikkas try to use the support black business angle to scam people

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I still don’t understand how this guy is free and not in prison

jay83

Superstar
Daps
Here’s how (laymen’s terms and I’m not a financial analyst)

he created a business where he was allowed to take money from investors, pocket some as a management fee, “invest the rest” into risky investments. If the investments don’t pan out, he’s already been paid.

investing in any business is a risk, so there was no guaranteed returns to investors on the investments, and the management fee is already paid.

if there are no dividends to give to people, he has no liability. It’s not a “scam” (I don’t think) according to the law, but he was able to hustle people into giving him their money for investments that were never fruitful.

If you pay me to gamble for you (let’s say I charge $2 on every $20 bet) you give me $22, I pocket $2 and gamble $20. You lost $22, the house made $20, I made $2. The risk is yours. It’s not a scam if I convinced you that I would win given there’s an inherent risk that I may lose, but it is a hustle :yeshrug: