Jay Morrison & The Tulsa Real Estate Fund (Official Thread)

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
somethings up, almost like they're trying to get rid of a lot of money fast or something...this looks crazy
No way possible that property is worth $500k. Looking at the neighborhood just by the picture, there’s no immediate plans for renewal. This makes no sense. Even if you plan on renovating at renting all 7 units (if there are 7) how much are you charging a month? $750?

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
somethings up, almost like they're trying to get rid of a lot of money fast or something...this looks crazy
Looks to me like they could be using the funds money to bail out or over pay on their "friends" properties/businesses.

You see this regularly in politics. Politicians overpaying contractors who donated to them with no insight on why things are so expensive.

440k for that POS in New Orleans of all places?!? :mjlol:

Someone has to look into Mr Morrisons connections to the seller :mjpls:

Dirien

Pro
Daps
I find it funny how Jay reports last week that the DOJ had closed their criminal investigation and none of these inspector gadget ass nikkas on The Coli have anything to say about it. Y'all be quick to report everything else though :unimpressed:

Straight from the SEC Filing as of today:
"As of July 29th, 2019 the Department of Justice concluded its criminal investigation with no findings. The Department of Justice has reported that there will be no further investigation at this time."

The SEC is still conducting their investigation. Still not sure what they are looking for or if they'll find anything. Hopefully they'll finish that up without any findings as well.

ATownD19

The Black King You Love To Hate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Universe
I find it funny how Jay reports last week that the DOJ had closed their criminal investigation and none of these inspector gadget ass nikkas on The Coli have anything to say about it. Y'all be quick to report everything else though :unimpressed:

Straight from the SEC Filing as of today:
"As of July 29th, 2019 the Department of Justice concluded its criminal investigation with no findings. The Department of Justice has reported that there will be no further investigation at this time."

The SEC is still conducting their investigation. Still not sure what they are looking for or if they'll find anything. Hopefully they'll finish that up without any findings as well.

It’s self hate bro. They see Jay and assume he’s scamming because THEY wouldn’t know what to do with that money.

I’ll be honest when Tariq Nasheed distanced himself from Jay the other week I assumed it was because he found out something about this investigation early.

Dirien

Pro
Daps
It’s self hate bro. They see Jay and assume he’s scamming because THEY wouldn’t know what to do with that money.

I’ll be honest when Tariq Nasheed distanced himself from Jay the other week I assumed it was because he found out something about this investigation early.
I don't know too much about that situation. Was Flex just upset over the reparations video? Jay tried to generate more clicks by posting a two part video and it totally back-fired on him. He should have just uploaded the full clip to IG TV if anything. He definitely supports reparations and wrote about it in his book some years back, but that initial clip and his caption made him sound like a c00n. He apologized for it at one of those Corner Classes.

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Looks to me like they could be using the funds money to bail out or over pay on their "friends" properties/businesses.

You see this regularly in politics. Politicians overpaying contractors who donated to them with no insight on why things are so expensive.

440k for that POS in New Orleans of all places?!? :mjlol:

Someone has to look into Mr Morrisons connections to the seller :mjpls:

I cant see the photo, but if its that multi unit in the 7th ward off A.P. Tureaud, rent in that area is about 1000-1300

Dirien

Pro
Daps
Truth will be seen when it's time for investors to receive their returns.
Yes....They've been saying over a year now that the earliest we can expect returns is December of this year. That's assuming the fund is stable. They've been doing a good job acquiring properties, but that first round of returns is going to really make or break the fund. I put in $1000 myself so i'll be sure to keep people posted on what my numbers come back looking like.

I do believe we need more of our people in this space who can create a better model than TREF.

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Yes....They've been saying over a year now that the earliest we can expect returns is December of this year. That's assuming the fund is stable. They've been doing a good job acquiring properties, but that first round of returns is going to really make or break the fund. I put in $1000 myself so i'll be sure to keep people posted on what my numbers come back looking like.

I do believe we need more of our people in this space who can create a better model than TREF.
What would be a better model exactly?
Most funds hold your money for a longer period (years) and basically operate the same way outside of that. You don't get a say in what investments they'll be making either. Only other model and what he should've done is just got with people who have larger funds to invest starting at $20k. Way too many nikkaz turned into SEC lawyers and former fund managers when they saw him doing what they wish they had the balls to do. It be your own people at every turn.:francis:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Jay fukked up by speaking on reparations in the manner he did. There was no need for it.
People are gonna have to start re-learning how to agree to disagree. Nobody have ever agreed on everything at any point in history but nowadays people take hard line stances on all topics. If someone says something you don't agree with don't cancel them. It would be different if he was actively working against reparations. If he doesn't see it your way, it's disappointing but not the end.

Last edited:

Dirien

Pro
Daps
What would be a better model exactly?
Most funds hold your money for a longer period (years) and basically operate the same way outside of that. You don't get a say in what investments they'll be making either. Only other model and what he should've done is just got with people who have larger funds to invest starting at $20k. Way too many nikkaz turned into SEC lawyers and former fund managers when they saw him doing what they wish they had the balls to do. It be your own people at every turn.:francis:

In terms of like the splits for example. Jay's argument is they are needing the 50/50 split so that the fund can turn a profit and in turn, pay staff and all that stuff. The "management fee" just keeps the lights on from what I understand.