Jay Morrison & The Tulsa Real Estate Fund (Official Thread)

Dirien

Pro
Daps
Are the buildings residential or commercial?

If commercial and you have affiliation with group, I always thought it would be a good idea for them to pre-partner with successful/startup black owned businesses and shops, so that when devs are done, they can lease space. Even put some funds aside to help with buildout for say, the new black owned coffee shop.

I don’t think anybody would have a problem with that, and you would actually be an incubator/workspace for black owned biz w/o breaking laws (can’t just rent to black ppl lol) - imagine a shopping center of black owned biz.

Random thought and could be off base a bit. But here in DC there are a lot of black owned biz getting stuff done and making money, so handouts are not needed only opportunity to connect further.

The deal in Atlanta is a commercial office building in east point. Don’t quote me, but I’m pretty sure what you said is exactly their plan in addition to creating some sort of media platform. One of the fund managers was dropping some hints and said its going to create a lot of jobs in the area. Everything else is affordable housing minus the BWS buildings.

• Dap
Reactions: Hov

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
The only thing I don’t like about Jay Morrison is that is really full of himself. He says that TREF is about “US” but everything on the IG is about him and him bragging about himself. I’m a supporter but it even got to a point where I had to stop following the IG due to his incessant self idolatry.