Jay Morrison & The Tulsa Real Estate Fund (Official Thread)

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Exactly. I think it is a good idea to have a crowdfund that can invest in buying property, however there is no way I would ever invest in someone so unprofessional as this. It's like he's acting out the stereotype of a black scammer in real time and people are still falling for it. Like he should have a clear business plan, and if things are still up in the air then be explicit about that instead of juelzing about how you will diversify into everything and anything. Anyone who is really about black liberation wouldn't be behaving like a prosperity church pastor lambasting anyone who asks to many questions about how he gets his money
Crowdfunding for investment is a bad idea.

It works when you're talking about actual deliverables.

It works on movies. It works on little gadgets or tangible goods.

You pay for something to get made and you get that thing.

Investment? Bruh, you're just preying on middle class people who dont even have it like that with an attractive minimum investment bar to clear then shaming anyone who doesn't as not caring about black empowerment.

As if a $500 investment is going to magically create tens of thousands in a few years. Its not possible. Your own math says its not possible. Its insulting and its not even how money works on that scale.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I think the TREF is a great idea but Jay is going about this in a questionable manner. I have the same critique of him as I did Umar, I don't necessarily think he's scamming but he doesn't really have a well-thought out plan beyond raising the initial money. His emotional response to Antonio's video I think is very telling. Antonio only pointed out what was in the SEC report which stated that independent investigators did not believe the business model would survive for long, and also that the 8% ROI was not much considering who he's asking to donate ie working class poor DOS.

Given that the overwhelming majority of the people he is asking for donations from are working class poor why on earth would anyone give those same people a hard time when they are asking questions about the investment?

Jay uses a lot of symbolism with the naming of the fund, invoking the names of past civil rights leaders and quotes to appeal to the emotions of blacks who identify with those leaders and their message. He is well within his rights to do this and investors/potential investors have every right to critique him it's their money too.

My personal assessment is that if you invest in this fund you should dispense with the notion that you or the overall community will make a lot of money. You are investing to feel good about contributing to a potential small number of blacks making some money and that is all. I could be wrong though.
Umar was successful in raising money because the idea was appealing (well not for me because he seemed like a loose cannon, but I digress), but as with ALL failed businesses...execution matters!

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I invested. My wife invested. We're glad to be part of history.
you invested your few coins because you skimmed the bottom .

REAL investment takes more than $500. It takes more than $5000.

You're out here pretending to be a baller when you'd be better off saving that money.

The sideliners hate and become imaginary CPAs and financial experts overnight. Many don't even have the capital to invest in the first place but still find ways to disparage the investment as a whole. And even decry the small investment that they cannot afford. Under the guise of "$500 isn't enough to become wealthy." As if "becoming wealth" happens with one investment or a single deposit. Also, seeming to neglect the fact that $500 is the minimum investment and many have invested thousands.

I'd invest in such a thing if:

1. The investment floor was higher. You get a better quality of investor and it commands more of the management.

2. There was an actual investment portfolio or plan. This dude is talking about everything from places to mine bitcoins to "blues lounges" (he literally said this)...I'm GOOD on that bruh.

I know people who work at MAJOR real estate private equity and development firms. They have specifics and clear goals. This ain't a game out here. If you wanna play in that realm, you better come correct. All I've heard Jay say is generic D-Boy investment bullshyt on the block.

Barbershops? Parking Lots? Blues Lounges? A measly 60 acres?

Man, I'm good on all of that.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Lol honestly this is like the crypto thing. If you got money that you wont miss to dikk around with then do your thing. If you are broke and think this will save black people you’re an idiot lol.

lib123

All Star
Daps
For anyone that doesn't want to invest in TREF, don't invest :yeshrug:

This and any other progressive black platform needs doers, not sideliners :hubie:

I invested. My wife invested. We're glad to be part of history. We're glad to attempt to be part of the solution. Feels good to be a doer :jawalrus:

But it's just funny to me how the same phenomena keeps happening over and over again with a portion of the black population.

Black people complain about black people not having A. Black person comes along and says "why don't we work together as a community to create A." Blacks say "well that won't work out because A, B and C" out of one side of their mouth and then say "black people don't have anything because we won't come together" out of the other side of their mouth. Baffling!

So, black person puts together the platform to create A. Gets it government regulated and approved. Then opens it up for investment. :ehh:

The doers invest based on this black person's career success in real estate. The doers are happy to be investors and be part of history :mjgrin:

The sideliners hate and become imaginary CPAs and financial experts overnight. Many don't even have the capital to invest in the first place but still find ways to disparage the investment as a whole. And even decry the small investment that they cannot afford. Under the guise of "$500 isn't enough to become wealthy." As if "becoming wealth" happens with one investment or a single deposit. Also, seeming to neglect the fact that $500 is the minimum investment and many have invested thousands.

Sideliners could just not invest and keep it moving. Like they do with white companies and funds everyday. :skip:
For some reason, the imaginary credentials never come out when white daddy is doing something like this. Only when it's a black person :jbhmm:

But said sideliners seem to decry black people not doing something like this? Quite ironic :pachaha:

Peace

Based on the critiques many of us have raised in other threads, it's fairly obvious that they're coming from some people such as myself with experience in financial services industry (BB S&T, Capital Markets). And responding to our critiques by saying we don't complain about white businesses is a straw man deflection. Those are two separate issues. And it doesn't take away from fact that Tulsa is charging above-market fees.

Last edited:

Drones

Visions of $
Daps
History has shown they're not. Y'all worship white people. :mjlol:
That’s Not true breh, Publicly traded companies have to do regularly scheduled conference calls with investors wherein they answer questions.

Elon Musk recently did a call where he strangely dodged some of the hard questions his shareholders were giving him and Tesla stock took a hit as a result:

Now imagine if Tesla took a hit just from that, if this TREF takes off Jay Morrisson shouting at his investors for asking questions would be disastrous for them. That’s why it’s hard to take this shyt seriously. Any criticism or questioning is brushed off as hating or c00ning.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
That’s Not true breh, Publicly traded companies have to do regularly scheduled conference calls with investors wherein they answer questions.

Elon Musk recently did a call where he strangely dodged some of the hard questions his shareholders were giving him and Tesla stock took a hit as a result:

Now imagine if Tesla took a hit just from that, if this TREF takes off Jay Morrisson shouting at his investors for asking questions would be disastrous for them. That’s why it’s hard to take this shyt seriously. Any criticism or questioning is brushed off as hating or c00ning.

Here’s an example of a White woman scamming investors out of hundreds of millions of dollars that never worked and NONE of the investors did their due dilligence. She had a stacked board of directors and made a multi million dollar deal with Walgreens to offer services using the product that NEVER WORKED! So much of this happens in White America but since they control the narrative the gross incompetence and priviliege is removed frommthe conservation as to not highlight the disparities between the two Americas.

How Silicon Valley got played by Theranos

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
A cable bill is one of the worst investments we make each year, talking 1k to 5k a year. The indirect investing into AT&T (phone bill) just indirectly funded the purchase of Time Warner for an inflated price of 85million. Just think if instead of laughing at Nigerians, we all invested in MTN and helped fund a similar purchase of a media conglomerate to help legitimize Nollywood? It doesn't have to be that exact scenario for those of you who want to discredit either company, but pay more attention to the line of thinking I'm presenting.
did you just call a cable bill an investment:what:

The worst thing he did was make $500 the minimum buy in. nNow he’s got middle class dreamers thinking they hit the jackpot when in reality he exposed how half baked this idea really is.

Again, I suggest y’all look up how non specific his ideas are when he talks about the types of real estate types he wants to invest in. It’s all over the place. NO REAL ESTATE FINANCIAL FIRM IS THAT NON SPECIFIC OR BROAD!
they dont even understand this basic fact

lib123

All Star
Daps
So are any of the financial services guys gonna call in tomorrow at 9pm to get your $100,000?

Can't debate deflectors. And y'all cool with investing in fund manager willing to risk more on ego-stroking debate than invest in his own fund??

:russ

Last edited:

BLΔCK⁂W⊙LF

All Star
Daps
nikkas really don't like negative information being posted.... :snoop:

You guys need to know what's happening. It's called being a smart investor as opposed to a dumb one. Smart investors get rich and stay rich while dumb "investors" (like you) get some money, lose it, and stay broke your whole life chasing pipe dreams.

REdefinition

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Crowdfunding for investment is a bad idea.

It works when you're talking about actual deliverables.

It works on movies. It works on little gadgets or tangible goods.

You pay for something to get made and you get that thing.

Investment? Bruh, you're just preying on middle class people who dont even have it like that with an attractive minimum investment bar to clear then shaming anyone who doesn't as not caring about black empowerment.

As if a $500 investment is going to magically create tens of thousands in a few years. Its not possible. Your own math says its not possible. Its insulting and its not even how money works on that scale.

I just don't see the "get rich quick" promises behind this? What has he actually told investors about their return outside of a "preferred 8%" which is not guaranteed?