Jay Morrison & The Tulsa Real Estate Fund (Official Thread)

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
See you don’t even understand what he’s doing. The investment is two-fold, it’s about a financial return but the big picture is about African people in America cooperating together to create wealth. But since you don’t identify with us you can’t even see the big picture. You’re lost in a sea of white supremacy and will only trust maps from white people. If you won’t be an asset just keep your mouth shut.

The big picture is doing good business. Period.

No single fund will “save” black society. A bunch of well run, competitive, comparable, good businesses will.

This is why I call it Peter Pan Bullshït.

If he was serious about creating black funds, he wouldn’t over it to the middle class by selling them ambiguous hopes and dreams with non specific goals.

You’re too emotional and you don’t have shyt. I am friends with doctors and dentists who own their properties and practices. That’s what’s needed. Not some dude who has a questionable employment history and who bounces between real estate and coaching to unfleshed out real estate investment ideas.

He’s not fooling me and it’s a shame it’s working you.

If he was serious, he wouldn’t offer his plan to poor people. Save that $500. A real man with a real plan would ask for 10x as much at a minimum.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Most of the people defending are just as guilty as the breh trying to finesse yall. But feel free to throw 500 dollars to the wind( if you even have 500:russ:) to give. No one is stopping you.

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
Umar Johnson got competition now:mjgrin:

On one hand I applaud black people who don't just talk but actually take the initiative and put words into action but the problem is most of these investment pitch turn out to be scams in the end.

This brother really has to show result to prove he's not just another Umar Johnson or brother polight as his failure will have a long lasting effect on the credibility of black investment in the future. Our people don't trust easily as it is.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
If this dude is offering something legitimate, he will have no problems answering questions and articulating his plan or at least showing his track record which demonstrates his competence. If someone is giving you money, then they obviously are going to ask questions.

Roadside

Pro
Daps
If this dude is offering something legitimate, he will have no problems answering questions and articulating his plan or at least showing his track record which demonstrates his competence. If someone is giving you money, then they obviously are going to ask questions.

Exactly. I think it is a good idea to have a crowdfund that can invest in buying property, however there is no way I would ever invest in someone so unprofessional as this. It's like he's acting out the stereotype of a black scammer in real time and people are still falling for it. Like he should have a clear business plan, and if things are still up in the air then be explicit about that instead of juelzing about how you will diversify into everything and anything. Anyone who is really about black liberation wouldn't be behaving like a prosperity church pastor lambasting anyone who asks to many questions about how he gets his money

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This will backfire. And it should. This fukking idiot is making an angry video.

Bruh, you own NO property as of yet and you dont even have a clear investment plan!

When people ask you what properties you want to invest in, you list like 20 different types of real estate firms. :laff:

Retail? Industrial? Commercial? Residential? Medical?

Bruh, what are you doing? :mindblown:

I've heard this clown say everything from crypto-currency mining warehouses to a mere 60 acres :laff:
This fakit all in this thread hating on a black man but went ghost in the Drake black face thread:francis:

:camby:

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
i posted this in the other thread, its a random REIT that filed for an IPO, i posted the quote of the risk section of the SEC paperwork

A crowdfund to revitalize black communities across the country raised 8.5m in less than 4 days

this pretty much exposes everybody that says "i read the SEC paperwork and its a red flag", they obviously have never really read SEC IPO documents and they dont know what they are talking about, every IPO ever filed from Google to Amazon has similar text

there is nothing scammish about the SEC filings for TREF, if you have some other subjective reason why you dont like TREF feel free to express it but do not lie to people and act like you have some objective criteria or that you have documentation showing that its a scam

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
The problem is people calling him a fraud, scammer and TELLING him it won't work instead of ASKING him questions.
Tone Talks was saying all that data shyt but notice he was calling it a scam off top instead of saying he sees some concerns and wants to have Jay on his platform so he can filling in the blanks. The people calling him a scammer are basing the information on what they THINK the fund is when this is something else so it has no frame of reference they can use. Didn't he say anyone who can prove he's a fraud call him this Thursday and he would give them 100 grand??

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
For anyone that doesn't want to invest in TREF, don't invest :yeshrug:

This and any other progressive black platform needs doers, not sideliners :hubie:

I invested. My wife invested. We're glad to be part of history. We're glad to attempt to be part of the solution. Feels good to be a doer :jawalrus:

But it's just funny to me how the same phenomena keeps happening over and over again with a portion of the black population.

Black people complain about black people not having A. Black person comes along and says "why don't we work together as a community to create A." Blacks say "well that won't work out because A, B and C" out of one side of their mouth and then say "black people don't have anything because we won't come together" out of the other side of their mouth. Baffling!

So, black person puts together the platform to create A. Gets it government regulated and approved. Then opens it up for investment. :ehh:

The doers invest based on this black person's career success in real estate. The doers are happy to be investors and be part of history :mjgrin:

The sideliners hate and become imaginary CPAs and financial experts overnight. Many don't even have the capital to invest in the first place but still find ways to disparage the investment as a whole. And even decry the small investment that they cannot afford. Under the guise of "$500 isn't enough to become wealthy." As if "becoming wealth" happens with one investment or a single deposit. Also, seeming to neglect the fact that $500 is the minimum investment and many have invested thousands.

Sideliners could just not invest and keep it moving. Like they do with white companies and funds everyday. :skip:
For some reason, the imaginary credentials never come out when white daddy is doing something like this. Only when it's a black person :jbhmm:

But said sideliners seem to decry black people not doing something like this? Quite ironic :pachaha:

Peace

lib123

All Star
Daps
The problem is people calling him a fraud, scammer and TELLING him it won't work instead of ASKING him questions.
Tone Talks was saying all that data shyt but notice he was calling it a scam off top instead of saying he sees some concerns and wants to have Jay on his platform so he can filling in the blanks. The people calling him a scammer are basing the information on what they THINK the fund is when this is something else so it has no frame of reference they can use. Didn't he say anyone who can prove he's a fraud call him this Thursday and he would give them 100 grand??

An entire movie was made about Zuckerberg stealing idea for Facebook and he just brushes it off as a movie. If Jay isn't doing anything wrong, he should calmly respond and refute. We as black people are too emotional when it comes to business. Everyone isn't a "hater."

omnifax

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kalamazoo, MI #ADOS
I think the TREF is a great idea but Jay is going about this in a questionable manner. I have the same critique of him as I did Umar, I don't necessarily think he's scamming but he doesn't really have a well-thought out plan beyond raising the initial money. His emotional response to Antonio's video I think is very telling. Antonio only pointed out what was in the SEC report which stated that independent investigators did not believe the business model would survive for long, and also that the 8% ROI was not much considering who he's asking to donate ie working class poor DOS.

Given that the overwhelming majority of the people he is asking for donations from are working class poor why on earth would anyone give those same people a hard time when they are asking questions about the investment?

Jay uses a lot of symbolism with the naming of the fund, invoking the names of past civil rights leaders and quotes to appeal to the emotions of blacks who identify with those leaders and their message. He is well within his rights to do this and investors/potential investors have every right to critique him it's their money too.

My personal assessment is that if you invest in this fund you should dispense with the notion that you or the overall community will make a lot of money. You are investing to feel good about contributing to a potential small number of blacks making some money and that is all. I could be wrong though.