Jay Morrison & The Tulsa Real Estate Fund (Official Thread)

TL15

Veteran
Daps
After watching the second video in OP I really don't like the comparisons to his plan with Harriet Tubman :francis:

I haven't watched enough to see if he actually ever gets into the "nitty gritty" of his plan so :whoa: but I don't like the messaging. It feels like he is playing to a black audience that HE feels is gullible and vulnerable. Whether or not the plan is legit or not seems to be his #2 concern His #1 concern seems to be the emotional play.

If he wants to empower black people, he should empower them with information. He should speak to them with real dignity (not just calling people "King" and "Queen" but actual reverence). Black people are not children that need an adult to guide them...that comes off as snake oil salesman shyt. I'd have a lot more respect if he talked to his audience with respect and spoke to them how a financial advisor or business owner would speak to investors of any ilk. If you are selling your business purely based on hope and heartstrings, there might be something fishy. I don't know if there is or not, but if everything is legit and on the up and up, why not focus on the validity of your business and rates etc. (against the criticisms) instead of the "way off the plantation" and other rhetoric. It seems like he thinks the easiest ways to get black dollars is to rely on emotion instead of logic and that to me seems exploitative. :francis:

Wish no ill on him or anyone investing. Just kinda rubs me the wrong way.

EDIT:

He already got 10 million, where’s the returns?

This is the issue. When running a company with an IPO, he and the investors will keep a majority share of these earnings. All of the money he has "raised" isn't going to go back to those who invested. This is just to raise money, of which, his company will more than likely keep 50.1% of. The other 49.9% of the money raised (from stocks that he is selling) will be invested in real estate.

Worst case scenario, (let use round numbers to make it easy on me) the IPO could earn 50 million. 25.05 million would be immediately netted for him and his team. The other 24.95 would be put into the "project". Then, IF the project makes money, the shareholders will see returns. BUT they are splitting the returns with the company 50/50. Also, there is a "fee" he is charging as well.

Again, not saying that any of this is inherently wrong. It's not. It's business. But people need to understand how this all works before just investing blindly and thinking that "because I put money in, I'm getting money out" because it may not work that way. He could spend the money on a huge sports complex that gets torn up by a tornado and all of the shareholders would lose all of their money, but he and his team would still have their 50.1% of all money raised to fall back on.

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Someone who really wanted to make moves wouldn't ask people online for small donations to a fund. Its embarrassing.

You'd get big time institutional investors who saw your vision.

You're out here selling financial hopes and dreams to tens of thousands of investors. Thats not gonna work.

You get this off the ground by rounding up a dozen of your actual rich friends and getting THEIR money to do shyt.

Thats how you make moves.

His whole "I'm doing this for my people" schtick is tired as fukk and doesn't address his lack of business plan or real goals.

he's doing more marketing than actual work because he hates debt and on top of that, he doesn't know what he causally wants to use the money on.
But how do you do that when you're black and don't want white people to involved

h2o_proof

Thread Closed...As Usual
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I went ahead and dropped 1k in this just because I respect the vision. Same way I supported Carol's Daughter, Tristan Walker (Bevel) and Big Baller Brand. I understand I'm taking a calculated risk, I also understand not everyone is in a position to do that, and I also understand there are some unanswered questions regarding the legitimacy of the fund. This is something I understand about EVERY investment I make, every piece of property I buy, every new technology that I jump on, and every stock I invest in.

A lot of the critiques I see are based on Jay not having a proven track record, or the fact that the offering can't guarantee returns, or the fact that the returns may be minimal, or this being overly ambitious or Jay being in over his head. I get it. I wish we as a people had a more proven track record and histrionics with regards to these types of endeavors, but there's nothing we can do about that because that's a factor beyond any of our control. I also understand that we as a people are just as conditioned as white people to look at anything with a black name/face attached to it as illegitimate or less valuable, it's sad.

I recall hearing the stories of Wal-Mart having some similar concerns, seeming overly ambitious on some "how you gonna mix groceries and clothing in the same space", or disgust at Sam Walton going door to door selling 5 cent shares of stock. If Sam Walton was a black man, we would have done the work for white people in making sure that idea never saw the light of day...well at least not from a black man's doing.

Many of us have shared a similar desire to build black communities across the US. Whether it be master planned communities, business/restaurant districts, sustainable farmland or ranches or whatever, but usually those of us who can don't follow through or don't support those of us who have tried to follow through. If you go down the list of Fortune 500 companies, they all had sketchy beginnings, hell most of them were unethical or immoral even. Pick any of the big real estate companies like JLL or Simon or Prologis or Weyerhauser. Now go to their history and you're gonna find some shady shyt, or some gaps in acquisition/merger history.

Look at all these companies and their projects....All of this shyt was overly ambitious and a lot of it was illicitly funded. Eventually once townships were founded a lot of these projects were able to be legitimately funded by promissory notes or taxes :manny: Is Jay trying to run off with black peoples money? I highly doubt it, even if so, there's a small part of me that can respect that on some mythological tip, cuz if he were to survive after doing so I'd consider him somewhat of a folk hero. Before you try to twist those words to imply some type of crab shyt, I'm simply saying ain't no black man about to pull a Bernie Madoff.

The Howard Hughes Corporation | Our Properties | Howard Hughes - Corporate

Newland Real Estate Group | Newland Communities | Our Communities

Our Entertainment Design Portfolio - Design 3 International

Our Places - InPLACE Design

Properties

King Poetic

Fire Dave Roberts!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, California
if u nikkas invest into this u deserve to lose..

this dude comes straight out from drug dealing to real estate , his wife or girl whoever that is claims she's a actress and a business woman and i have yet to see any proof of legit returns....

you a fukking fool if you just invest or praise a nikka without doing a deep investigation.... this goes as well with white investors..

h2o_proof

Thread Closed...As Usual
Daps
Reppin
Houston
No...all black people invest into to white people everyday, indirectly or directly and do not question shyt.

Work, school, buying products, having a banking/savings account, renting/owning, 401k/IRA and etc., watching cable, ISP, putting gas into your car and etc.

A cable bill is one of the worst investments we make each year, talking 1k to 5k a year. The indirect investing into AT&T (phone bill) just indirectly funded the purchase of Time Warner for an inflated price of 85billion. Just think if instead of laughing at Nigerians, we all invested in MTN and helped fund a similar purchase of a media conglomerate to help legitimize Nollywood? It doesn't have to be that exact scenario for those of you who want to discredit either company, but pay more attention to the line of thinking I'm presenting.

Last edited:

h2o_proof

Thread Closed...As Usual
Daps
Reppin
Houston
So hes mad that people are asking questions about how investing their money will make them money? And hes wondering why people aren't investing? Just because you name it "Tulsa" and say its for black people doesn't mean we should go in blind. "Trust me because I'm black too." Also that ToneTalks video thats posted in here says all that I needed to know. I really wanted to invest in this...was planning on discussing this with my financial adviser but I've seen enough.

...meanwhile many of us continue to quietly invest in high carb, artificially flavored potato snacks just because they're called "Rap Snacks" :manny:

My point, we do many things void of logic because they are what they are. No harm in taking a calculated risk every once in a while if you at least have a passion about the vision. If you like the idea of black real estate developments, a win or a loss is still a win if it gets you involved in the process. This ain't the investment to all of a sudden question the sincerity of the symbolic nature of the naming convention. I mean nikkas is eating Rap Snacks dog. lol

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
But how do you do that when you're black and don't want white people to involved
If I’m him, I start with fewer people with more money. I’m not trying to save 40 million black people at once. I create a powerful organization with a small circle and make waves that way. You have to help yourself before you help others. If you wanna keep it black, there’s ways to do that. He has connections. It should concern you why he’s not using them.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I’ll make something real simple for y’all, as someone in the game for many years:

ANYONE WHO GETS DEFENSIVE OR OFFENDED BY INVESTORS ASKING QUESTIONS IS A LIAR.

He deflects from this by saying these people are racists and shaming them for wanting direct answers. This guy knows buzzwords, and has a basic understanding of investing, but has no concrete plan and gets real nervous being questioned about it.

Also the fact he would use a term like “plug”:heh:

Nah I’m out on this joker:camby:
even if his math seems attractive, the fact he swings from different types of real estate without a clear investment strategy besides listing what he COULD do with the money is a red flag for me.

At least Umar said he’s going to buy a SCHOOL. It’s simple. One type of building with a singular purchase.

Jay Morrison is out here sounding like he wants to build another City.

Like bruh. Stop it. Cause now I gotta question your intellect and sincerity.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
tenor.gif
im tired of the jokes and the lies.

kER05dF.jpg