Albums Jay Electronica - A Written Testimony (Discussion Thread)

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can catch this broad daylight,
you know the Kingdom come, sir
That wheel inside The Wheel, a half a mile in circumference
It's the return of the Mahdi, it's the return of the Akhis
It's the return of the lost and found tribe of Shabazz, the Annunakis

- Jay Electronica (The Blinding)

1. The Nation Of Islam believe in The Mother Plane
ETeCC1TXkAE26al

2. The Book of Ezekiel in the Bible describes an encounter with an UFO
ETeCC1TWoAIwJ7h

3. An ilustration of Ezekiel’s encounter with "the wheel inside The Wheel"
08PLANTATION3SUB-jumbo.jpg

4. The wheel inside The Wheel
ETeCC1UX0AEDpCx

(The wheel inside The Wheel explains why "Ezekiel’s Wheel" sounds so spacey) :wow:
That Ancient history / UFO / Religious scripture theme all throughout the album is wild :ohlawd:

Nah i rather sit down and listen to yet another album about killing and murder and drugs

I have not heard enough of those

:troll:

Manolo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

ETeCC1TXkAE26al

ETeCC1TWoAIwJ7h

ETeCC1UX0AEDpCx

(The wheel inside The Wheel explains why "Ezekiel’s Wheel" sounds so spacey) :wow:
That Ancient history / UFO / Religious scripture theme all throughout the album is wild :ohlawd:
This, along with many religious concepts, is a deep metaphor. The wheel/mothership represents a new consciousness arriving to the people. I think all of Jay Electronica's music and this album are intended to bring that new consciousness into existence and Jay-Z's presence is to speed that up.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This, along with many religious concepts, is a deep metaphor. The wheel/mothership represents a new consciousness arriving to the people. I think all of Jay Electronica's music and this album are intended to bring that new consciousness into existence and Jay-Z's presence is to speed that up.

There's a lot of content in the album that I see many are missing, I got nearly all of it initially when listening but I've seen some may be confused, Genius may be a good place as I know it has some explanations. When I have time I'll post some of the explanations, because some are dismissing the album like there's no content, there is, they are just missing it or it's going over their head.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what did he say

He called people anti semites and said they were trying to sound tribal, nothing less than would expect from him. He is a clown, his opinion on Hip Hop is worthless, not just about this album but any Hip Hop album, shouldn't be reviewing any Hip Hop, not credible at all.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
APIDTA is one of the saddest songs I've ever heard :mjcry:

Heard a lot of people say that song made them emotional or cry, which is very understandable. For me while it's a sad topic felt it being healing and therapeutic instead, and put my in a reflective mindstate rather than sad. Find it soothing.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He called people anti semites and said they were trying to sound tribal, nothing less than would expect from him. He is a clown, his opinion on Hip Hop is worthless, not just about this album but any Hip Hop album, shouldn't be reviewing any Hip Hop, not credible at all.

Anthony called people anti semites? People really have no idea what that means. Also doesn’t he have an alt right channel smh this world man

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

ETeCC1TXkAE26al

ETeCC1TWoAIwJ7h

ETeCC1UX0AEDpCx

There's a lot of content in the album that I see many are missing, I got nearly all of it initially when listening but I've seen some may be confused, Genius may be a good place as I know it has some explanations. When I have time I'll post some of the explanations, because some are dismissing the album like there's no content, there is, they are just missing it or it's going over their head.

@Tony D'Amato @The G.O.D II @Torrential look at this shyt. :mjlol:

Remind me who said this almost 20 years ago? :jbhmm:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Being from Detroit, there's alot of the stuffed referenced in this album that I grew up around and fully grasped. Between the NOI and the arab Sunni/Shia Muslims the area got tons of Islamic culture on a daily, especially on the West Side.

Shahada, 5 Pillars, Adan, Salat, Mahdi, Sunna, Mashallah, Ahkis, Master's Grip etc. If you've ever listened to like ANY rapper from NY that wasn't born before like 2000 you've heard these terms.

I don't see how clowns from any major city don't have a ton of context for what Jay Elec was talking about. Legit, if it's not a perfect album by any means (I hate purposefully butchering a word to make it fit a rhyme), but it feels like if you don't fukks with this album you're someone woefully under-educated in black religion and culture....and have no desire to learn more.