Albums Jay Electronica - A Written Testimony (Discussion Thread)

yourgod

Pro
Daps
Damn am i the only one that likes flux capacitor? Jay skated on that song. And Buddens is a dumb ass, dudes opinion on this record is null and void.
Anytime anyone one brings up Jay Elec his hate jumps out, I don't think he ever really cared for dood. If you a real Hov fan you should love his performance on this, he's slid those black religious/ 5% gems in his rhymes plenty over the years
so its good to see him not be scared anymore and dive into it for a full record. I wish it wasn't marketed as a solo album tho, it aint WTT either, the messages on this album are much more important.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn am i the only one that likes flux capacitor? Jay skated on that song. And Buddens is a dumb ass, dudes opinion on this record is null and void.
Anytime anyone one brings up Jay Elec his hate jumps out, I don't think he ever really cared for dood. If you a real Hov fan you should love his performance on this, he's slid those black religious/ 5% gems in his rhymes plenty over the years
so its good to see him not be scared anymore and dive into it for a full record. I wish it wasn't marketed as a solo album tho, it aint WTT either, the messages on this album are much more important.

You're not, I love that joint, it's ILL. The Coli is an alternate reality sometimes lol, everyone I personally know fukks with that joint that's talked to me about it and seen a lot of people elsewhere feeling it or saying it's their favourite 1 too. I think the consensus is Jay-Z had a great verse on there, and Jay Electronica's was good too. Have seen on here some say about people being "off beat", I disagree with that whole premise, some artists are deliberately off beat, I fukk with Jay Elect's part on that heavy, Jay-Z's just seems longer and his flow is crazy on it so on that 1 would give him the edge but Jay Elect's maintains the spiritual vibe. And in regards to off beat, some of the old school cats say Nas helped innovate the off beat flow, and prior to him KRS-One. You don't have to be strictly on beat, infact sometimes that can be boring, some people find their own pockets. Nas is often off beat, and sounds dope doing it cause it's deliberate, same with Jay Electronica, he's a master MC, so if he's rapping off beat it's because he wants to. Some of those beats are made to be rapped off beat, they need a different style to catch, the traditional formula wouldn't always work. It's when somebody is trying to be on beat and can't catch it where it's the problem and sounds bad, not when they do it deliberately.

Joe Budden is a clown and a hater, he's a dope MC and I respect that he can rap well at times, but I think this Jay Electronica album is better than any Budden album. He's also a huge troll, he says wild shyt for attention, always been a big mouthed attention seeker and his mouth has often got him intro trouble. I couldn't care less what Joe Budden thinks about anything, he dissed Method Man for NO reason, and MELLE MEL, you can't be Joe Budden and diss Melle Mel, disgraceful. Melle Mel is way better than Joe Budden, who didn't even know who Cowboy was, he is a fraud who fronts like he has knowledge that he doesn't have. I will give him his due that he can rap well at times though, but in terms of making music Joe Budden isn't someone I hold in a high regard at all.

Joe is also a very jealous bitter dude, he's jealous that Jay Elect with less material often has got more love and praise than he has, it all boils down to pathetic jealously and he's in his feelings.

I'm cool with it being a solo album, was thinking about this earlier, the choices and themes are really Jay Elect, but featuring Jay-Z who helped out, but it feels and sounds like a Jay Elect album, it has the samples Jay Elect is known for, the content, the unconventional song structure etc.

Last edited:

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sir is a higher rank

When I looked it said..

"Traditionally, as governed by law and custom, Sir is used for men titled knights i.e. of orders of chivalry, and later also to baronets"

But I understand it could be different in different places, but I know in many cases they are equal, as knights are called sir so viewed it as equal and not above, maybe there's exceptions to that though.

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When I looked it said..

"Traditionally, as governed by law and custom, Sir is used for men titled knights i.e. of orders of chivalry, and later also to baronets"

But I understand it could be different in different places, but I know in many cases they are equal, as knights are called sir so viewed it as equal and not above, maybe there's exceptions to that though.

We all know what Jay was implying. Like Jay knew what Nas was implying on Simple Things :lolbron:

• Dap
Reactions: TEH

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Bro that line was from Ghost of Soulja Slim, did you even listen to the album? :mjlol:
He wasn’t referring to that song, he was referring to better in tune with the infinite. That’s what makes it so bad. Do your research before you @ me genius.