Albums Jay Electronica - A Written Testimony (Discussion Thread)

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY

Elliot Wilson just stated that Rory is Jay Elect's manager :patrice:

...if this is the case, jay need to put to bed all those empty 'white devil' threats, contradictory as a MF

we already gave him a pass when he was dating a rothschild as a ploy to undermine the illuminati :childplease:

Rorys Dad got contracts with BlackWater and used dirty money leftover from Gaddafis assassination (a close personal friend of the minister) to fund the original Joe Budden Podcast, its all a ploy by the Elohim to tap in with the deep state :ohhh:

JayElecRamadan deciphering Sith Lord rubicons and you're here slandering our deep cover agent :ufdup:

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother
Rorys Dad got contracts with BlackWater and used dirty money leftover from Gaddafis assassination (a close personal friend of the minister) to fund the original Joe Budden Podcast, its all a ploy by the Elohim to tap in with the deep state :ohhh:

JayElecRamadan deciphering Sith Lord rubicons and you're here slandering our deep cover agent :ufdup:
it makes him less of a threat to be taken out then :manny:

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
I listened to this joint again today. The last song is really touching, but overall I don’t really like the project. I think part of it is that I feel like this album is aimless thematically. Like, I don’t even understand what Electronica is trying to convey outside of shotouts to Elijah Muhammad.

If I had to guess, I would say the theme is supposed to be about maintaining your dignity and self-respect as a black person in a society that attempts to demoralize you at every juncture. I would also say the theme might be about our contradictory nature as humans. How one can be spiritually enlightened but still fall into the trappings of consumerism and drugs.

For me, it just doesn’t actually happen, though.

*The curl just didn’t curl all the way* Cedric the Entertainer

I also was disappointed by the bars. I mean, they’re not trash, but most of those songs JE is getting out rapped by a 50 year old Jay Z. Jay is a GOAT, but at his advanced age he should not be out rhyming Electronica. Where was the Exhibit C Electronica :gucc:?

I do feel conflicted, because I appreciate the effort. Yet, I also think the fact no one is asking for any new music from JE is partly an indication this album was a dud. No one even asks or talks about him anymore. A lot of that is because he’s unreliable, but some of that in my estimation is that this first joint was a miss.

Last edited: