[Jason Schreier] Sony’s Obsession with Blockbusters is Stirring Unrest in the PlayStation Empire

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was about to try and put my PS5 on stockx but this shyt gonna be a HUGE collector’s item when they turn off the lights at sony in a few years :wow:

Great idea, breh.

And it's a release date wave one, too?

Brehs like you and I are about cash out. :wow:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I thought it was FH4 but either way, 10 million players vs 2 million sales means that individual accounts logged in to play the game e.g. multiple users on one console.
The two numbers are years apart the 2.5 million was within the first couple months of release.

Again official numbers from both games is 9.5 million users for GT. 10 million for FH3.

:ufdup:

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
stop speaking common sense. If Forza sold 10 million units, you woulda heard about it. Their highest selling exclusive last gen was Halo 5 at 5 million. I'd talk about users/players instead of sales if I were them too :russ:

now that Microsoft has shifted from consoles to ecosystem, they can say bullshyt like 5 mil players instead of actual cold-hard sales #...

:sas1:

yall see it, right?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The two numbers are years apart the 2.5 million was within the first couple months of release.

Again official numbers from both games is 9.5 million users for GT. 10 million for FH3.

:ufdup:
During an interview with Team VVV on September 13, 2018, Playground Games' Creative Director Ralph Fulton said that Forza Horizon 3 had surpassed ten million players. This is an amazing figure considering that Forza Horizon 3 is a racing game. A few months ago, the developer announced that it had passed nine million players. Keep in mind that this is a player count and shouldn't be equated to sales figures.

Forza Horizon 3 crosses 10 million players on Xbox One and PC | Windows Central

My point still stands, 10 million players doesn't mean 10 million units were sold. Either way, I don't give a fukk.:what:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
stop speaking common sense. If Forza sold 10 million units, you woulda heard about it. Their highest selling exclusive last gen was Halo 5 at 5 million. I'd talk about users/players instead of sales if I were them too :russ:
As usual y’all play the dumb game.

Halo 5 was at 5 million sales in 3 months. I guess it never sold another copy since then huh???

in comparison it took Gran Turismo 1.5 years to make it to 3 million sales.

But somehow y’all convinced it’s sold 5 more million in the year after that.

Sony stans a wild bunch :mjlol:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
They seem to be doing everything they can to run away from what made the PS4 such a fantastic console and I hope it bites them on the ass. Too much of an emphasis on blockbusters is such a bad strategy especially when it's causing turmoil within your home studios. I knew shyt was bad when they shuttered Japan Studio.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
now that Microsoft has shifted from consoles to ecosystem, they can say bullshyt like 5 mil players instead of actual cold-hard sales #...

:sas1:

yall see it, right?

18 millions subscriptions of a 3rd of those being trial subscriptions lol

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So millions of Xbox users just loggin in as different people to play horizon??

Thats your answer??? :mjlol:

Why didn’t PlayStation fans do that with Gran Turismo???

Make it make sense Sony stan buddy. Please :mjlol:
You just said 9.5 million players played GT Sport.

Who said different players didn't play on PS4? :dahell:

You're acting like people don't rent games from redbox, gamefly or borrow games from each other, etc.

I'm not the one arguing that the player count is equal to the units sold, YOU ARE.

:dahell:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They seem to be doing everything they can to run away from what made the PS4 such a fantastic console and I hope it bites them on the ass. Too much of an emphasis on blockbusters is such a bad strategy especially when it's causing turmoil within your home studios. I knew shyt was bad when they shuttered Japan Studio.

AAA 1st party gaming and Japanese AAA is literally what made the PS4 successful. You think Gravity rush 2 and Last Guardian was keeping the lights on at SIE?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You just said 9.5 million players played GT Sport.

Who said different players didn't play on PS4? :dahell:
So if GT only has 9.5 million players and Forza Horizon 3 had 10 million 2 years ago, which is the more successful game??

Shouldn’t their sales be very similar??

I"m not the one arguing that the player count is equal to the units sold.

:dahell:
No ones doing that. That’s your own strawman you keep attacking.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

stop falling for this nonsense. I'm sure this broke the bank for Sony at launch..... :unimpressed:

DIRECT_SACKBOY_PS5_PH_900X900_2X2