[Jason Schreier] Sony’s Obsession with Blockbusters is Stirring Unrest in the PlayStation Empire

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Meet The Developers Who Are About To Lose Their PS Vita Games Forever

To make matters worse, the studio bought a new PS Vita developer kit through Sony just last month, with no warning about the looming closure. Some bigger-name developers (who asked to remain anonymous) were warned in advance.

This is the Hallmark of a company that cares. Taking devs money for dev kits for a platform that is about to be decommissioned saying nothing while doing it.

Even worse is them pulling all this content off the web store before this announcement. The store on the platforms in question is all sorts of fukked up and they're not gonna fix it. Just a complete attitude of thanks for your purchase fukk you buy our next title. Meanwhile Microsoft has 4 generations of Xbox all playable on physical disc if you have them. They actively upgrade old games to perform better on the new hardware as well.

The fact that people are defending this anti-consumer bullshyt is laughable. This company is Trump shooting a person in Central Park to some of you. You'll defend whatever they do because you support them and can't seperate being a fan of a company from blindly defending all actions of said company.

At least when Nintendo pulled the Wii it happened in stages and they gave people a heads up of over a year. Sony started the process then their intentions leaked to the public and they confirmed the leak after the fact.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I guess they’re going to remaster/remake it every gen :mjlol:
They saw that GTA V money.
tenor.gif

I got no doubt a Last of Us ps5 version would sell, it was def popular enough.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Play dumb brehs.

Where the hell the 10 million people get the game if they didn’t buy it :ohhh:

why Gran Turismo only got 9.5 million players with so many sales.

Make it make sense :shaq:
"Players" and "units sold" aren't the same thing but I know you know that.

A game that's playable on game pass through Xbox, PC and now mobile phones will be counted as a new "player" vs a game on PS4 that can only be played by buying it.

I'm a player of FH4, I've "played" it for a few hours but I have yet to buy it. Same with Gears 5. but I'm counted in the total "Players" though.

Keep the stannery going though :wow:

Daps
:mjlol: Grown ass men should not be having Stan wars over shyt like this. If you don’t fukk with Sony don’t fukk with Sony. But imagine missing out on gaming experiences that Sony offers because of your loyalty to a company that don’t give two shyts about you, couldn’t be me.

:yeshrug: When Xbox starts putting out blockbusters like Sony maybe I’ll get interested in buying. Save that rent a game shyt for the birds tho.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

A game that's playable on game pass through Xbox, PC and now mobile phones will be counted as a new "player" vs a game on PS4 that can only be played by buying it.

why even reply to that tomfoolery though. Saw that shyt and immediately hit the :russ:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I see you, breh. Keep cooking. :mjlol:

I was about to try and put my PS5 on stockx but this shyt gonna be a HUGE collector’s item when they turn off the lights at sony in a few years :wow:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Really crazy how fickle and fairweather some fans are. A bit surprised to see Jason Schreier leaning into this stuff, he's seeming like more of a grifter as time goes on. Sony gave us Ghost of Tsushima, Dreams, FF7 Remake and Last of Us 2 just last year. Xbox is finally making some moves, great, but acting like Sony is somehow done is just lame and shortsighted. We just got Demon Souls and Miles, may not be much yet but where are the killer apps on Series X?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
why even reply to that tomfoolery though. Saw that shyt and immediately hit the :russ:
I just had the feeling though but I see this thread is getting retarded. Now someone is comparing this to Trump shooting someone in central park. :what:

I'm not sure what this thread is even about right now :mjlol:
I'm outta here :laff:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Forza Horizon 3 was never on Gamepass :ufdup:

Again y’all claiming in 2019 GT had 8 million sales using a random estimate from a hedge fund manager.

But 2 years later according to Sony it’s only had 9.5 million users total.

so even if we take both numbers to be real (spoiler the 8 million isn’t)

It’s reasonable to say FH3 should have a similar/slightly higher amount of sales than GT.

but I’m sure you and yo daddy @Rekkapryde will continue the play dumb game for stan points :mjlol:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Forza Horizon 3 was never on Gamepass :ufdup:

Again y’all claiming in 2019 GT had 8 million players using a random estimate from a hedge fund manager.

But 2 years later according to Sony it’s only had 9.5 million users total.

so even if we take both numbers to be real (spoiler the 8 million isn’t)

It’s reasonable to say FH3 should have a similar/slightly higher amount of sales than GT.

but I’m sure you and yo daddy @Rekkapryde will continue the play dumb game for stan points :mjlol:
I thought it was FH4 but either way, 10 million players vs 2 million sales means that individual accounts logged in to play the game e.g. multiple users on one console.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I thought it was FH4 but either way, 10 million players vs 2 million sales means that individual accounts logged in to play the game e.g. multiple users on one console.

stop speaking common sense. If Forza sold 10 million units, you woulda heard about it. Their highest selling exclusive last gen was Halo 5 at 5 million. I'd talk about users/players instead of sales if I were them too :russ:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Forza Horizon is dope, can't hate on that. Tried Sea of Thieves, shyt got boring after an hour

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Really crazy how fickle and fairweather some fans are. A bit surprised to see Jason Schreier leaning into this stuff, he's seeming like more of a grifter as time goes on. Sony gave us Ghost of Tsushima, Dreams, FF7 Remake and Last of Us 2 just last year. Xbox is finally making some moves, great, but acting like Sony is somehow done is just lame and shortsighted. We just got Demon Souls and Miles, may not be much yet but where are the killer apps on Series X?

Jason Schrieir has been going after sony studios for a couple years already. Probably just the type of investigative journalism that gets the most clicks. He’s basically known only for his hit pieces these days