Essential Japanese Wrestling Discussion/News

AStrangeName

Griffith did nothing wrong
Daps
i don’t know what Shota is thinking. Any disc related issue is bad; even if they’re not major they can still get worse. And a hip fracture added to that. No good. He's gonna do more harm to myself. :snoop:
Shota gotta sit this one out and recover if he knows what's good for him :francis: Long term health matters more than anything

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
So the Giulia vs Sareee match on July 13 could be for the inaugural Marigold World Championship. That will be interesting. :lupe:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
So today was the Japanese Bloodsport show and Santino Marcella was one of the competitors?? Wow never would have expected him to show up in something like this after how we was booked in WWE.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Just search "Boris Alexiev" for some of Santino's early work, OVW, before he was on the main roster. He was supposed to be a shoot fighting Russian guy.

I remember watching this being very confused how they went from the shoot fight mma gimmick for him to the comedic stereotypical Italian gimmick we saw on the main roster? Santino was basically “Alexander Rusev” before Rusev came into the company.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
I remember watching this being very confused how they went from the shoot fight mma gimmick for him to the comedic stereotypical Italian gimmick we saw on the main roster? Santino was basically “Alexander Rusev” before Rusev came into the company.
Vince of course. But I feel he ended up with the right character. He's still using it to this day in TNA.