Essential Japanese Wrestling Discussion/News

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
It's over :mjcry:

Speaking on Getting Over, Danielson was asked about a potential G1 run.

"I don't know. Sometimes, I have delusions of doing the G1. I think that's what they are. I think they're delusions in the sense of, that's something I've wanted to do forever and ever and ever. I've never been able to do it. 'This year would be the year to do it,' except, is it? By the time the next G1 rolls around, I'll be 43, and with how many injuries...that's a big part of why I want to step away from full-time wrestling too. To do this, I love doing this, but it's not worth the expense of my health later on in life. I've already had enough injuries as it is. Right now, I feel like the injuries that I've had are manageable in the sense of long-term. I'm constantly doing stuff for my neck so that my neck isn't bad when I'm 70. The concussion stuff, I do my best, but all of us, we're just hoping for the best. We don't know. There is no concrete science on it. I think now, doing a G1, might be a little irresponsible of me, in comparison to what my overall long-term goals are, which is being there for my kids and there for my family," said Danielson.
Makes sense, it was always irresponsible but it seemed dude was willing to be dumb about it :bryan: Not anymore...

You have the link to the full interview?

The Rainmaker

Mr. Money in the Bank
Daps
Makes sense, it was always irresponsible but it seemed dude was willing to be dumb about it :bryan: Not anymore...

You have the link to the full interview?

If you click on "Getting Over" in that post, it will take you to the podcast. Couldn't find a full transcript.

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans

Watched the whole tournament surprised at how it went:ehh:

First of all this was cursed by injuries from the start :francis:

I thought they was going to have Giulia or Mina win to continue whatever story they had with Tam Nakano

But they had Suzu Suzuki come from behind in the end looks like there build for the future
She beat Tam in the tournament hope she does it again this year for the Red Belt she made me a fan of hers:obama:

Last edited:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps

Watched the whole tournament surprised at how it went:ehh:

First of all this was cursed by injuries from the start :francis:

I thought they was going to have Giulia or Mina win to continue whatever story they had with Tam Nakano

But they had Suzu Suzuki come from behind in the end looks like there build for the future
She beat Tam in the tournament hope she does it again this year for the Red Belt she made me a fan of hers:obama:

Stardom is just an embarrassment of riches when it comes to young talent

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
“ maybe I should slow down w this wrasslin stuff and worry about my health :ehh:

D Bry is legit nuts :dead:

I get it though, that shyt has to be an insane rush. You get a rush of nerves and dopamine sparring or going live in front of your training partners I couldn’t imagine what that feeling has be like in front of thousands :wow:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Twitter is buzzing this morning from the main event o fhte TJPW main event. People who watch far more wrestling than me, especially in Japan, are saying it a MOTY contender

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Only 5k for New Japan in Sumo Hall :picard:

That card was pathetic and they kinda deserved such bad attendance though.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Astronauts promoted and booked their first show. Got a sold out Shinjuku (450 fans) for a tribute to Battlearts style show :wow: :obama:

And of course they killed each other in the main event :ohlawd:

F8PUzFNb0AAateu

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Just got back from my first NJPW show - Royal Quest III at the Copper Box in London. :obama:

Pretty good card overall but the top two matches (Ospreay Vs ZSJ and Ishii Vs Takagi) definitely stole the show.

By far the worst smelling wrestling show, actually show of any description and I'm including destruction derbies at the Bloomsburg Fair in that, I have ever been to. The guy next to me was spilling into my seat and smelt like he had something dying attached to him... genuinely the only time I've ever smelt that smell was when I found a dead fukking body. He's probably been posting up pictures of his lost cat for months. :scust:

Deodorant companies need to start handing out samples at wrestling shows... these dirty fukks have never heard of it apparently.