Essential Japanese Wrestling Discussion/News

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I think the injury in the first match tainted it. I’m pretty sure I thought it was good and heating up until that moment.
No question it did, a big Okada match without him doing a proper finishing stretch misses its most important part.

The match was fine but I guess I was expecting something more special from them. Danielson has a knack of making first time encounters feel memorable and I felt nothing they did at Forbidden Door was anything to write home about. It was like the two of them were going through the motions on a back and forth match -which again, it was fine-, and there was no interaction or exchange that left me excited about them facing off again. And the tag match was more of the same.

Compare it to stuff like Dragon's first match against Omega, KENTA, Nigel, Low Ki, AJ Styles, Cena, Roman, La Nariz, etc. and the Okada encounter felt colder than all of those.

Granted, my expectations were high and they can absolutely have an amazing rematch (it took Danielson a couple of times before he could have an awesome match against guys like Joe and Punk, for example) but again, for such talented people, it was shocking to me how uninspiring and forgettable their interactions have been.