Japanese Researcher Wants America To “Apologize” For Bombing Them

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Bullshyt, that is EXACTLY what you are doing. Whenever the American war crimes are brought up, you try to deflect by talking about someone else's war crimes, even though those crimes played ZERO part in the US decision to commit its own crimes.

Whether intentional or not the destruction of the Japanese empire saved lives :mjlol: . Just like the Holocaust was stopped by the destruction of the Nazi’s. Whether the express purpose of the allies was to end the genocide occurring in Asia is immaterial to the fact it was ended.

You want to dismiss mass biological experimentation on Civilians, that’s ok. There’s a lot more

Statistics Of​

Japanese Democide​

Estimates, Calculations, And Sources*

By R.J. Rummel​

From the invasion of China in 1937 to the end of World War II, the Japanese military regime murdered near 3,000,000 to over 10,000,000 people, most probably almost 6,000,000 Chinese, Indonesians, Koreans, Filipinos, and Indochinese, among others, including Western prisoners of war. This democide was due to a morally bankrupt political and military strategy, military expediency and custom, and national culture (such as the view that those enemy soldiers who surrender while still able to resist were criminals).

SOD.TAB3.1.GIF

After the war the U.S. tried and executed 900 Japanese officers and sentenced 5,000 to prison. Much of U-731 escaping justice sucks but you aren’t going to get everybody. They clearly got enough considering Japan hasn’t launched a war against its neighbors for 70 years :salute:

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Whether intentional or not the destruction of the Japanese empire saved lives :mjlol: .

You're completely ignoring that nearly every single American military leader and most of our intelligence experts said the war could have ended EARLIER and with FEWER deaths if we had simply negotiated differently. There is ample evidence that Truman wanted to extend the war at least until the point that the bombs would be ready, because he desired the wartime demonstration of their use to intimidate Russia and shape US-Russia relations going forward.

We could have had the same end, but with fewer American military lives lost and fewer women and children killed, if that was really our aim.

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Very little, which is why the USA had very little response. Don't you realize you just killed your own argument?

Very little response? The oil embargo pretty much meant Japan was going to have to end the war in China. They had 12-24 months of reserves.

The ABCD line (ABCDライン, Ēbīshīdī rain) was a Japanese name for a series of embargoes against Japan by foreign nations, including the United States of America, Britain, China, and the Dutch. It was also known as the ABCD encirclement (ABCD包囲陣, Ēbīshīdī hōijin). In 1940, in an effort to discourage Japanese militarism, these nations and others stopped selling iron ore, steel and oil to Japan, denying it the raw materials needed to continue its activities in China and French Indochina. In Japan, the government and nationalists viewed these embargoes as acts of aggression; imported oil made up about 80% of domestic consumption, without which Japan's economy, let alone its military, would grind to a halt. The Japanese media, influenced by military propagandists,[1] began to refer to the embargoes as the "ABCD ("American-British-Chinese-Dutch") encirclement" or "ABCD line".

Faced with the possibility of economic collapse and forced withdrawal from its recent conquests, the Japanese Imperial General Headquarters began planning for a war with the Western powers in April 1941. This culminated in the Japanese invasion of Malaya and Thailand, and the bombing of Pearl Harbor in December 1941.

If the US gave a shyt about atrocities against the Chinese, then they would have gone to war against Japan long before the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor. If the US gave a shyt about atrocities against the Jews, then they would have gone to war against Germany long before the Germans invaded the rest of Europe.
Yes, after world war 1 everyone was just itching for another world war :skip: You realize the U.S., France and Great Britain were democracies right? They couldn’t just go to World fukking War without a vote and congressional/parliamentary approval.

The Lend Lease act literally kept Britain, the Soviets and Chinese in the war.

America does not care enough about atrocities against civilians unless they have a power play in the region. This has been shown time and time again. We turned back Jewish refugee ships and pardoned the people who committed evil against the Chinese. The US literally did not give a shyt.
i literally showed you the treaty the U.S. made with Japan that was drastically disadvantageous to America in order to avert war.
MerchantTonnage.png

If the U.S. was looking to assert dominance in China why did it have a standing army the size of Romania and curtailed its naval production to be a peer with its rivals in the pacific?

You are talking pure nonsense. You are applying US geopolitical maneuvering today to 1940 when the U.S. was largely an isolationist democracy.

Even so the U.S. used all diplomatic and economic means to settle the conflict in China without world war

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
:dead: sleep through class brehs

You're exposing yourself. You literally "learned" your take in class, which was just the things that the American propaganda machine told you to believe. I bet you also learned in class that the USA is the world's policeman and a defender of freedoms, and that unfortunate things like the elimination black rights may have existed in the past but those things got steadily better and aren't relevant anymore today, amiright?

What do you think that the things you learned in class contradict the statements that have been made by:

Supreme Commander Douglas MacArthur
Supreme Commander Dwight Eisenhower
Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Fleet Admiral William Leahy
Commander in Chief U.S. Pacific Fleet, Fleet Admiral Chester Nimitz
Commander U.S. Third Fleet, Admiral William F. Halsey Jr.
Commanding General of U.S. Army Air Forces, General Henry H. "Hap" Arnold
Commander of U.S. Strategic Air Forces in the Pacific, General Carl Spaatz
Army Air Forces Commander in China, General Claire Chennault
Psychological warfare department head, Brigadier General Bonner Fellers
Prepper of intercepted Japanese war cables, Brigadier General Carter Clarke
Chief of the War Department Operations Division Policy Section, Colonel Charles "Tick" Bonesteel
Deputy Director of Naval Intelligence, Ellis Zacharias
Assistant Secretary of War John McCloy
Secretary of State James F. Byrnes
Under-Secretary of State Joseph Grew
Under-Secretary of Navy Ralph Bard
Special Assistant to the Secretary of the Navy Lewis Strauss
Former President Herbert Hoover
Inventor of nuclear energy Albert Einstein

All of them said the bomb was unnecessary based on everything they knew at the time and that this has been confirmed by historical study afterwards.....but someone half paying attention to an 11th grade history class is going to contradict them?

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great user name. Type of person who celebrates the idea of mass murdering women and children and condemning thousands of babies to a lifetime of cancer and early death due the actions of men they had literally no control over.

Shouldn't America be a "fukking parking lot" too by those standards? So what gives us the right to decide who gets it and who doesn't? Why not turn England to a parking lot too, and Belgium, and most of our other allies? Aren't there more than one African nation where a subset took power and committed atrocities.....so does that mean we should kill all of their women and children too?
I actually deleted that from my original post.
I originally included flattening every European nation that colonized Africa.

I wouldn't bat a single fukking eyelash if Belgium went up in smoke tomorrow.
A worthy price for what they did in the Congo.
Same goes for France, Spain, Portugal etc.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Very little response? The oil embargo pretty much meant Japan was going to have to end the war in China. They had 12-24 months of reserves.

The US didn't launch the oil embargo until after the Japanese invaded the French territory of Indochina in 1940, dumbass. It has NOTHING to do with the invasion of China and Rape of Nanking that occurred all the way back in 1937.

Now you've resorted to straight lying. But I welcome it, because it proves my point.

When the Japanese massacred Chinese civilians, the US didn't care and did little. When the Japanese took a territory from their ally and threatened to take US territory as well (in the Philippines), THEN the USA mounted a serious response. You just proved for me that it was threats to their power and alliances that drove their response, not a desire to stop atrocity.

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You're completely ignoring that nearly every single American military leader and most of our intelligence experts said the war could have ended EARLIER and with FEWER deaths if we had simply negotiated differently
False.

Another myth that has attained wide attention is that at least several of Truman's top military advisers later informed him that using atomic bombs against Japan would be militarily unnecessary or immoral, or both. There is no persuasive evidence that any of them did so. None of the Joint Chiefs ever made such a claim, although one inventive author has tried to make it appear that Leahy did by braiding together several unrelated passages from the admiral's memoirs. Actually, two days after Hiroshima, Truman told aides that Leahy had 'said up to the last that it wouldn't go off.'

Neither MacArthur nor Nimitz ever communicated to Truman any change of mind about the need for invasion or expressed reservations about using the bombs. When first informed about their imminent use only days before Hiroshima, MacArthur responded with a lecture on the future of atomic warfare and even after Hiroshima strongly recommended that the invasion go forward. Nimitz, from whose jurisdiction the atomic strikes would be launched, was notified in early 1945. 'This sounds fine,' he told the courier, 'but this is only February. Can't we get one sooner?'

The best that can be said about Eisenhower's memory is that it had become flawed by the passage of time.

Notes made by one of Stimson's aides indicate that there was a discussion of atomic bombs, but there is no mention of any protest on Eisenhower's part.

This is all meaningless of course as Truman was the commander and chief of the U.S. armed forces and had access to intel showing the Japanese were not willing to unconditionally surrender in a war they entered into illegally, genocidally, clearly lost.

The Soviets were lying to the Japanese, they were not going to go back on their promise to the U.S. and GB to demand a negotiated surrender with stipulation that we pardon Japanese war crimes and maintain the structure of Japans genocidal government.

For the most part, Suzuki's military-dominated cabinet favored continuing the war. For the Japanese, surrender was unthinkable—Japan had never been successfully invaded or lost a war in its history.[18] Only Mitsumasa Yonai, the Navy minister, was known to desire an early end to the war.[19] According to historian Richard B. Frank:

Although Suzuki might indeed have seen peace as a distant goal, he had no design to achieve it within any immediate time span or on terms acceptable to the Allies. His own comments at the conference of senior statesmen gave no hint that he favored any early cessation of the war ... Suzuki's selections for the most critical cabinet posts were, with one exception, not advocates of peace either.[20]
After the war, Suzuki and others from his government and their apologists claimed they were secretly working towards peace, and could not publicly advocate it. They cite the Japanese concept of haragei—"the art of hidden and invisible technique"—to justify the dissonance between their public actions and alleged behind-the-scenes work. However, many historians reject this. Robert J. C. Butow wrote:

Because of its very ambiguity, the plea of haragei invites the suspicion that in questions of politics and diplomacy a conscious reliance upon this 'art of bluff' may have constituted a purposeful deception predicated upon a desire to play both ends against the middle. While this judgment does not accord with the much-lauded character of Admiral Suzuki, the fact remains that from the moment he became Premier until the day he resigned no one could ever be quite sure of what Suzuki would do or say next.[21]
As prime minister, Admiral Kantarō Suzukiheaded the Japanese government in the final months of the war.
Japanese leaders had always envisioned a negotiated settlement to the war. Their prewar planning expected a rapid expansion and consolidation, an eventual conflict with the United States, and finally a settlement in which they would be able to retain at least some new territory they had conquered.[22] By 1945, Japan's leaders were in agreement that the war was going badly, but they disagreed over the best means to negotiate its end. There were two camps: the so-called "peace" camp favored a diplomatic initiative to persuade Joseph Stalin, the leader of the Soviet Union, to mediate a settlement between the Allies and Japan; and the hardliners who favored fighting one last "decisive" battle that would inflict so many casualties on the Allies that they would be willing to offer more lenient terms.[1] Both approaches were based on Japan's experience in the Russo–Japanese War, forty years earlier, which consisted of a series of costly but largely indecisive battles, followed by the decisive naval Battle of Tsushima.[23]

In February 1945, Prince Fumimaro Konoe gave Emperor Hirohito a memorandum analyzing the situation, and told him that if the war continued, the imperial family might be in greater danger from an internal revolution than from defeat.[24]According to the diary of Grand ChamberlainHisanori Fujita, the Emperor, looking for a decisive battle (tennōzan), replied that it was premature to seek peace "unless we make one more military gain".[25] Also in February, Japan's treaty division wrote about Allied policies towards Japan regarding "unconditional surrender, occupation, disarmament, elimination of militarism, democratic reforms, punishment of war criminals, and the status of the emperor."[26] Allied-imposed disarmament, Allied punishment of Japanese war criminals, and especially occupation and removal of the Emperor, were not acceptable to the Japanese leadership.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean, the North didn't really care about liberating slaves either but there was a net positive in them fukking wrecking the southern aristocracy and snatching power from the southern, landed gentry.

It was (and still is) shyt in this country for AA's due to that caste system and its multi generational effects but it was still a GOOD THING.

Before I stop posting in here:

If there is any adult in this thread who believes America is the world's super hero and does what they do out of altruism, then they are a baby brained moron who has watched too much superhero media and read to much Harry Potter.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
False.

Another myth that has attained wide attention is that at least several of Truman's top military advisers later informed him that using atomic bombs against Japan would be militarily unnecessary or immoral, or both. There is no persuasive evidence that any of them did so.

Breh, I literally quoted 23 of the exact leaders with their exact statements, and your only response to to copy-paste the claim of a no-name right-wing historian and say we should take his word for it?

I just realized we had this exact same argument a year ago and tried the same silly bullshyt. You've proven that you don't even know know the basics of what was going on, you just copy-paste huge amounts of text without understanding how they even related to the discussion.

Notice how prophetic that was.

I caught @Toussaint lying and claiming that Truman had little to do with the decision to drop the bomb.

I caught @Toussaint lying and claiming the Joint Chiefs of Staff were the ones who made the decision, when 3/4 of them were openly opposed.

I exposed that @Toussaint didn't even know who the Interim Committee was, when they made the main and official decision to drop the bomb and picked the targets.

He also lied and claimed I called it a racial war, lied and claimed I said the American people didn't support the bombing, lied and claimed that I'm Indian, lied and claimed that i defended the Japanese government, lied and claimed I said Truman delayed the bomb on purpose, and made up this ridiculous duck tales story about Japanese fighting resolve increasing after the first bomb only to drop after the second.

And did he acknowledge any of it?

Nah, he just ignored getting caught in a dozen lies and started a new Gish Gallop. Half the shyt he says isn't even an argument and he's just making up strawman to attack. And the other half is blatantly wrong and using the dumbest sources instead of the people who were actually involved and the best historical consensus.

Hmmm, @Toussaint asked me for my sources, and when I give him the direct quotes from 23 separate sources, 20 of them primary sources from the exact period, showing the scholarly consensus as well as the statements from Truman's own State Department leaders, intelligence officials, and military leaders, he ignores all of the evidence to just start tossing logical fallacies like ad hominem and whataboutisms against the wall. Why is that?

Crazy, but expected, that some people are invested in defending powerful White Americans when they kill 200,000 civilians needlessly.

Ad hominem anyone? You're pretending you can ignore the reasoned arguments of 20 different major leaders at the time by tossing out a few spurious unrelated attacks against a couple of them. What about the other 17 you didn't name?

I directly quoted virtually EVERY military leader over land, air, and sea in the Japanese theater, as well as Eisenhower who sure as hell kept himself deeply informed over the Japanese situation. And your response was that their statements about Japanese surrender aren't trustworthy because....the people making them fought in a war?

Notice, again, how you ignored EVERY word about the scholarly consensus, EVERY word from the United State's own bombing survey at the time, EVERY word from the intelligence leaders who had direct access to intercepted Japanese cables and who spoke to Japanese officials afterwards, and EVERY word from US military leaders about the known war situation at the time.

In our discussion last year, you didn't even know the basic details like who ordered the strike, who approved of it, or what any of our military leaders said in response to it. Now in this discussion, you once again ignore everything they're saying in order to promote a couple no-name historians just trying to push American propaganda.

When someone claims a 1941 oil embargo was in response to the 1937 Rape of Nanking, I know they're not even trying to have an honest discussion anymore.

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The US didn't launch the oil embargo until after the Japanese invaded the French territory of Indochina in 1940, dumbass. It has NOTHING to do with the invasion of China and Rape of Nanking that occurred all the way back in 1937.
I know that’s why I posted this

Stop trying to get a gotcha because you are out of your depth. It’s cowardly and shows you have nothing to support your argument

The U.S. began instituting various economic pressures on Japan starting from 1938. The fact you are attempting to categorize the U.S. only entering into conflict with Japan once its “ interests” were threatened in *checks notes* French Indochina is hilarious and stupid :mjlol:

When the Japanese massacred Chinese civilians, the US didn't care and did little. When the Japanese took a territory from their ally and threatened to take US territory as well (in the Philippines), THEN the USA mounted a serious response. You just proved for me that it was threats to their power and alliances that drove their response, not a desire to stop atrocity.

In 1938, the U.S. began to adopt a succession of increasingly-restrictive trade restrictions with Japan, including terminating its 1911 commercial treaty with Japan in 1939, which was further tightened by the Export Control Act of 1940. Those efforts failed to deter Japan from continuing its war in China or from signing the Tripartite Pact in 1940 with Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy, which officially formed the Axis Powers.

Once again isolationist democracy not a dictatorship. You can’t unilaterally declare war lmao :mjlol: You have a child’s understanding of history and geopolitics

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Breh, I literally quoted 23 of the exact leaders with their exact statements, and your only response to to copy-paste the claim of a no-name right-wing historian and say we should take his word for it?

You can quote all the “leaders” you want. George Patton wanted to invade the USSR. MacArthur wanted to nuke China. They are grunts whose job it is to obey their commander and chief who has far more intelligence available to him. The fact you call an historian “no name” shows how much you know about the subject of history and how information is researched.

This is all you have because you can’t formulate an argument yourself or provide any academic research into Soviet, Japanese or American intelligence channels because there aren’t any that support your argument and if you attempt to I will destroy it.

The historical evidence based of peer reviewed study by historians and information unavailable to anyone but the upper echelons of US, Soviet and Japanese military command points to the Japanese not being willing to surrender on terms sufficient for their genocidal crimes and the fact the Soviets were lying to them the whole time and never intending to negotiate a surrender less than the terms agreed upon by the allies

Again you are willfully ignoring copious evidence that I have posted showing the internal communications of the Japanese leadership and the U.S. having these communications on tap and responding accordingly. You attempted to say the Soviets were potentially going to negotiate a peace. I would call you a liar but we both know you don’t have the historically intellect to lie, you are just undereducated and ignorant of the facts.

Here another historians take on things

Did the Japanese offer to surrender before Hiroshima? (Part 1)​

by Alex Wellerstein, published May 2nd, 2022
This is part one of a series of two posts on this topic.
Click here for part two.

One of the most common invocations made in the service of “the atomic bombs weren’t necessary” argument is that the Japanese offered to surrender well before Hiroshima, and that this was ignored by the United States because they wanted to drop the bombs anyway (for various other asserted reasons). It’s one of those things that has a grain of truth to it, but without a heaping of context and interpretation is misleading by itself.

The Suzuki Cabinet, who held the fate of Japan in their hands in the summer of 1945. Photograph is from June 9, 1945. Prime Minister Kantaro Suzuki is front and center. Of note, second to Suzuki’s left, looking downward and glum, is Navy Minister Mitsumasa Yonai, one of the only members of the “peace party” actually on the cabinet. Contrast his expression with that of War Minister Korechika Anami (back row, two behind Yonai), who was, until very close to the end, one of the most die-hard supporters of a continued war. Photograph from Wikimedia Commons, somewhat touched up. A captioned overlay is here.
That there were “peace feelers” put out by some highly-placed Japanese in mid-1945 is well-known and well-documented. Specifically, there were several attempts to see whether the (then still-neutral) Soviet Union would be willing to serve as a mediator for a negotiated peace between the US and Japan. This story is the heart of Tsuyoshi Hasegawa’s justly influential Racing the Enemy: Stalin, Truman, and the Surrender of Japan (2005), and he goes over, in great detail, how these approaches worked (one in Japan, with the Soviet ambassador there, another in Moscow, with the Japanese ambassador there). Hasegawa’s argument isn’t about Japan being ready to surrender, though; he uses this account to show how dependent Japan’s ideas about the war’s possible ends were on a neutral Soviet Union. 1
The distance between these “peace feelers” and an “offer” or even “readiness” to surrender is quite large. Japan was being governed at this point by a Supreme War Council, which was dominated by militarists who had no interest in peace. The “peace party” behind these feelers was a small minority of officials who were keeping their efforts secret from the rest of the Council, because they clearly feared they would be squashed otherwise. The “peace party” did appear to have the interest — and sometimes even the favor — of the Emperor, which is important and interesting, though the Emperor, as Hasegawa outlines in detail, was not as powerful as is sometimes assumed. The overall feeling that one takes away from Hasegawa’s book is that all of these “feelers” were very much “off the books,” as in they were exploratory gestures made by a group that was waiting for an opportunity that might tilt the balance of power their way, and certainly not some kind of formal, official, or binding plan made by the Japanese government.
Furthermore, the surrender that the “peace party” was contemplating was still miles away from the “unconditional surrender” demanded by the United States. There were conditions involved: mainly the preservation of the status and safety of the Emperor and the Imperial House, which they regarded as identical to the preservation of the Japanese nation. But as Hasegawa points out, they were so unclear on what they were looking for, that there was contemplation of other things they might ask for as well, liking getting to keep some of their conquered territories. Again, this was not a real plan so much as the feelers necessary for forming a possible future plan, and so we should not be surprised that it was pretty vague.

One can argue, and people who argue against the necessity of the bombings do, that since the United States ultimately agreed to preserve the Emperor and Imperial House, that the US could have accepted such a condition earlier on if it had wanted to shorten the war. But this is not very compelling: it is a different thing to decide, after a war, that you are willing to cut your former enemy a break, versus cutting them that break while they are still your sworn enemy. The counter-argument, which even as someone who is not a die-hard “unconditional surrender was necessary” person I find somewhat compelling, is that if the US had modified its already-stated demands at that point, that it might have ultimately led to the Japanese making more demands, as part of the classic “give them an inch and they’ll ask for a foot” scenario. In any event, I doubt the Japanese would have been willing to accept the specific condition that the US ultimately ended up imposing during the occupation: that the Emperor had to publicly renounce his divinity. That’s a big “ask” to contemplate prior to surrender.
Anyway, whatever one thinks about the requirement of unconditional surrender and whether it prolonged the war — and it has been argued over since the 1940s — we can all agree, I think, that what the Japanese were unofficially “offering” was not what the US was demanding. And it is important to note that this was never actually offered to the US anyway: the Japanese were probing Soviet willingness to support them as a neutral party for a negotiated peace. So it was all a prelude to a negotiation of an offer. As it was, the Soviets weren’t interested (they were eager to declare war against Japan and seize promised territory as a consequence), and just strung them along. So the entire thing never got off the ground.

The US was aware of these efforts by the Japanese, because it had cracked the Japanese diplomatic codes (the MAGIC intercepts), but it was never a formal “offer” for them to accept or reject. The general interpretation of the intercepts at the time was that Japan might be on the road to surrender, and they perceived there was a sympathetic “peace party” in their high command, but that Japan was ultimately not yet ready to accept unconditional surrender. Which I don’t think is really wrong, though of course one could debate about what one could do with that information.

Again you are wrong and your revisionist history is nothing in the face of modern academic scrutiny and above all just basic common sense.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Stop trying to get a gotcha because you are out of your depth. It’s cowardly and shows you have nothing to support your argument

How am I the one "out of my depth", when you've repeatedly shown that you don't even know the basic details and resort to copy-pasting the opinions of obscure historians who don't even have wiki entries instead of dealing with the actual arguments?

The U.S. began instituting various economic pressures on Japan starting from 1938. The fact you are attempting to categorize the U.S. only entering into conflict with Japan once its “ interests” were threatened in *checks notes* French Indochina is hilarious and stupid :mjlol:

Liar. I didn't say the US didn't enter until 1941, I said its response was relatively weak and inconsequential before then. YOU tried to use the 1941 oil embargo to argue that the USA's response to the 1937 invasion and massacre wasn't weak, while ignoring that the embargo wasn't started until FOUR YEARS LATER.

Japan went to war with China in 1931. Japan launched their full-scale invasion in 1937. Japan committed their largest public atrocities including the Rape of Nanking in 1937. Obviously the USA saw danger to their interest in that (anyone with half a clue could tell that Japanese expansion in China was threatening British territory in China and Burma, French territory in Indochina, and American territory in the Philippines), but they didn't actually move with any consequential response until Japan directly threatened those interests.

I just realized that this is the FOURTH time we had a conversation like this about history. You also admitted that you didn't even know what the war in Kargil was about and had never read about it, then proceeded just two comments later to pretend you were an expert on it and start arguing ridiculous falsehoods (like claiming that India recovered and kept all of its former territory when India didn't even manage to keep anything beyond the already existing Line of Control established before Kargil even began).

And you also argued that Gandhi didn't become a revolutionary until after World War II. :laff:

You get caught missing basic facts central to the discussion over and over again, yet you argue as if you're the expert and your Arguments from Authority are all that matter when you're literally just copy-pasting bad opinions without even understanding what they say. You think that "studying" a subject means to read someone who agrees with you and then repeat them, without even considering counterarguments or getting yourself acquainted with the basic details first.

You have a child’s understanding of history and geopolitics

Says the person who seriously believes that the USA became enemies with Japan because they felt bad for innocent Chinese civilians. :mjlol:

Breh, you already got caught getting numerous basic historical details wrong. And not obscure facts either, but details central to the entire argument. You can't claim to have superior historical knowledge when you've already been exposed as lacking even the most basic foundation.

That's why you can't even synthesize your own argument but just post walls of copy-paste over and over. That's also why you keep copy-pasting such BAD historians making BAD arguments, rather than using people who are actually considered experts in their field. You're just picking the ones who make the argument you already believe, rather than looking for the one most likely to be right.

Are you ever going to actually address the actual quotes from the 23 military, political, and intelligence leaders I already posted, telling you the bomb wasn't necessary for Japan's surrender? Those receipts are still sitting there and you don't appear capable of dealing with them.