January 2nd… It’s about to be 100 people at the gym.. Come February 2nd down to the usual 20 people

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It seems hateful to whine that the gym is full of people who want to change their lives.

Even if they fail and quit, so what?
You should be encouraging them to keep at it.

Especially the way most of you complain about how unhealthy and fat people are in this country.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
It seems hateful to whine that the gym is full of people who want to change their lives.

Even if they fail and quit, so what?
You should be encouraging them to keep at it.

Especially the way most of you complain about how unhealthy and fat people are in this country.
I recognize my stance is hypocritical.

I want people to work out and be fit, just not when I'm there :ehh:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

It can be frustrating to have to wait for a machine or certain dumbells.

But in my experience it’s not that there are lots of people at the gym.

The problem is that people waste time at the gym.

Groups of 6 high schoolers monopolizing a machine.

People taking 7 minutes in between sets.

THAT is what frustrates people.

If someone is there to train, and they are focused it won’t take forever. And usually the serious people will notice if someone is waiting on them and offer to allow the other person to work in.

A serious gym probably never has people complaining about it being full because everyone there is focused to get their stuff done.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang

For real workouts that take 2 hours end up taking 3 waiting for equipment

Yep @Son Goku we putting angry face daps on a lot of these posts in here at this point...

Yall gotta stop caping for these mfs. A new year's resolution don't work. If you tryna change your life for real you wouldn't wait until the end of the year to do it. You'd just do it right then and there...Everybody want some damn sign to get up and do some shyt. Just do it.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang

If someone is there to train, and they are focused it won’t take forever. And usually the serious people will notice if someone is waiting on them and offer to allow the other person to work in.

A serious gym probably never has people complaining about it being full because everyone there is focused to get their stuff done.
No you have to keep in mind there is a huge strength gap between lifters so if I let someone work in I then have to take off my weight and let them put theirs on let them do their set then put mine back on when I could just do my sets and dip. I lift 5 x 10 on one of the big 3 every workout for hypertrophy after doing my strength work. If i let someone work in it'd take way too long I only give myself a 1 minute 30 rest too.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits

machines?

I don't touch machines fam....

I dont want these idiots in the power rack.

There's only so many power racks in the gym.....

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
machines?

Dead ass! I seen a dude do hip thrusters on the deadlift platform today :skip:

I seen a dude take his shoes off to squat 135

I don't mind weakness what I do mind is weakness combined with talking and long ass rests between sets along with shyt form. Everybody wanna bench but if you can't hit 135 yet then go do dumbbells first and come back or even the chest press machine

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
Can u people who normally don’t come to the gym stay your ass home.. real people need to be on the weights and treadmill..

I don’t need you lazy females all dressed up with your water bottle in hand tying up the equipment knowing in 30 days u not coming back
I wfh and can go whenever I want so doesn't affect me. Also, people can't win. Don't go to the gym, get criticized. Try to make a change in life get criticized.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Dead ass! I seen a dude do hip thrusters on the deadlift platform today :skip:

I seen a dude take his shoes off to squat 135

I don't mind weakness what I do mind is weakness combined with talking and long ass rests between sets along with shyt form. Everybody wanna bench but if you can't hit 135 yet then go do dumbbells first and come back or even the chest press machine
I saw some shytty form on the cross cables.

Dude was clearly using doing too much weight.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
machines?

I do agree that gyms have far too few power racks.

AT MOST, I've seen like 3 in a gym.

The very first gym I ever went to when I was a teenager had 3...but it was probably 25% the size of the gym I go to now. It was run by a cop who used to be an amateur bodybuilder part time in his youth.

But I'm reminiscing and getting away from the point.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
I saw some shytty form on the cross cables.

Dude was clearly using doing too much weight.
Most people don't understand what 1 rep maxes are and why it's important to know them to calculate their training percentages too. Just be in there like "Oh this is heavy I'll try to lift it" like mf what is your goal? :skip: You doing 95% of your max out here putting out RPE 9 levels of effort when your plan calls for 3 sets of 10 reps

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
For real workouts that take 2 hours end up taking 3 waiting for equipment

Yep @Son Goku we putting angry face daps on a lot of these posts in here at this point...

Yall gotta stop caping for these mfs. A new year's resolution don't work. If you tryna change your life for real you wouldn't wait until the end of the year to do it. You'd just do it right then and there...Everybody want some damn sign to get up and do some shyt. Just do it.

Repped. :wow:
Say again for the slow (and fat) ninjas in the back. :mjlol:

Folks think adding a number to the end of the date is gonna make them go from couch potato to Five Guys fries status? Nah B, you didn't change your mindset.

Folks will buy new shoes, new gym fits, new gym memberships but didn't change not one thing about the mindset that had them slacking off in the first place. Ole new Metcons, old motivation-ass nikkas.

Be out of shape for 11 months outta the year and wait until 1 Jan to make a change, :flabbynsick: brehs. :francis:

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Workout from home gang stay winning.
This. Since 2020 pandemic got myself a nice set up.
Plus You save so much fukking time its crazy :wow:
I finish work out clean the equipment hop in the shower and thats it. No more going to the gym and leaving dealing with waiting after people. No more Showering there. Having to change back into your clothes if its the winter. shyt is great :blessed:
Came back from a trip hopped on my bike did some skip rope now im chilling on my couch vaping weed :mjlit: