James Harden traded to Philly Ben Simmons to Brooklyn finally

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
I aint worried about our roster construction, that will come with time... I'm thinking about Brooklyn's structure. Remember how Simmons was looking with Belinelli and Ilyasova during that streak? Fast paced offense.

We are trash in rebounding and transition defense bc we have zero athleticism. Im just picturing Simmons grabbing a rebound and pushing with Seth, Durant, and Kyrie. They blowing by nikkas like Tobias, Danny, Furkan, Niang etc.

Its about playstyles

KD pretty much confirmed this in his post-game. Our transition defense is horrible...perimeter players will feast on our poor effort :snoop:

Simmons will make the pace we saw last night even faster :francis:

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Morey is a smart/dumb general manager.

* He traded Simmons to a championship contender within the division,
* He traded Simmons to a team where he can be the 3rd best player instead of the 2nd best (Less pressure)
* He also gave Brooklyn one of the best shooters in the league (S.Curry)

What a stupid dumb ass.....It would not surprise me if Brooklyn wins multiple championships over the next 4-5 years.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Morey is a smart/dumb general manager.

* He traded Simmons to a championship contender within the division,
* He traded Simmons to a team where he can be the 3rd best player instead of the 2nd best (Less pressure)
* He also gave Brooklyn one of the best shooters in the league (S.Curry)

What a stupid dumb ass.....It would not surprise me if Brooklyn wins multiple championships over the next 4-5 years.

:hubie:And what would you have done differently?

Georgiamuscle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Rise up!
Wait til the offseason or give up Simmons, Maxey and a pick for Harden like BK was willing to settle for :gucci:

They gave Brooklyn everything they needed to succeed when Harden was sabotaging the team from within. Thecoli told me they (Philly) had the leverage and they have to max him out or the trade was for nothing. Brooklyn is ready to win now. Maxey still needs to develop and is not a “win now” player yet.

Joe Harris out and they need a shooter and a secondary ball handler: let’s give them Seth for no shooter in return :blessed:

Brooklyn is a horrible rebounding team with no size: take Drummond who’s also been working with Embiid all year :mjgrin:

Brooklyn has average to below average perimeter defense (Harden) and has one of the worst transition offenses in the game (due to Harden’s style): we’ll take the fat cancer and give you Ben who pushes the ball and can defend the other team’s best players (guards and wings) :ehh:

Brooklyn has no assets or picks after the Harden trade: here’s two first rounders as well on the house:troll:

Mars

Superstar
Daps

* Not trade Simmons plus extra pieces to a title contender within the conference

* Trade Simmons to Sac, Indy, Tor, Minn, etc.

I'm sure Morey got good offers from other teams...He just got greedy...Why would you make a title-contending team within your conference stronger?

Mr. Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami
* Not trade Simmons to any title contender within the conference

* Trade Simmons to Sac, Indy, Tor, Minn, etc.

I'm sure Morey got good offers from other teams...He just got greedy...Why would you make a title-contending team within your conference stronger?
Morey’s relationship with Harden clouded his judgment. He viewed him as the piece that would put them over the top but ignored the fact that the pieces he needed to give up to get Harden would not only weaken his team but a rival stronger

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
KD pretty much confirmed this in his post-game. Our transition defense is horrible...perimeter players will feast on our poor effort :snoop:

Simmons will make the pace we saw last night even faster :francis:
Damn a nikka who knows his teams strengths and weaknesses and shows great understanding of the game. You a rare commodity on TheColi.com

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
This might wind up being a rare lose/lose trade :mjlol:
Depends how those picks turn out but they're late picks so I don't expect much