James Harden traded to Philly Ben Simmons to Brooklyn finally

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
Yeah man...this is gonna be bittersweet for us. we gave em a 40% shooter, Drummond, and a DPOY in Simmons. meanwhile our backup center right now is Paul Reed :snoop:

we coulda played it safe and got haliburton and kept our core...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

@papa surf
I wanted an SGA or a young rising star. Haliburton is not worthy compensation for Ben.
The issue is a young rising star doesn't put us in win now mode and puts all the pressure on Joel's back.
Harden is a elite talent and vet despite his flaws and puts us closer to title contention...

Im still not so high on Harden, but his addition makes us better since Ben was definitely not coming back to the squad by any means...

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Yeah man...this is gonna be bittersweet for us. we gave em a 40% shooter, Drummond, and a DPOY in Simmons. meanwhile our backup center right now is Paul Reed :snoop:

we coulda played it safe and got haliburton and kept our core...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

@papa surf

Bro it's not that serious. Drummond Curry on their final year of their deals. 76ers still need more cleaning in order to fix this Elton Brand build. The last step is getting rid of Tobias this offseason. Let's be honest we wasn't winning a chip this year. The process will have to start next year.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
I wanted an SGA or a young rising star. Haliburton is not worthy compensation for Ben.
The issue is a young rising star doesn't put us in win now mode and puts all the pressure on Joel's back.
Harden is a elite talent and vet despite his flaws and puts us closer to title contention...

Im still not so high on Harden, but his addition makes us better since Ben was definitely not coming back to the squad by any means...

SGA was never in any real trade talks tho. It was always Brogdon/CJ/Hali type players. Dame not leaving, Beal is on some goofy shyt, so Harden was the only realistic heavyweight.

I'm very high on Harden teaming with Embiid.
Bro it's not that serious. Drummond Curry on their final year of their deals. 76ers still need more cleaning in order to fix this Elton Brand build. The last step is getting rid of Tobias this offseason. Let's be honest we wasn't winning a chip this year. The process will have to start next year.

I aint worried about our roster construction, that will come with time... I'm thinking about Brooklyn's structure. Remember how Simmons was looking with Belinelli and Ilyasova during that streak? Fast paced offense.

We are trash in rebounding and transition defense bc we have zero athleticism. Im just picturing Simmons grabbing a rebound and pushing with Seth, Durant, and Kyrie. They blowing by nikkas like Tobias, Danny, Furkan, Niang etc.

Its about playstyles

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
SGA was never in any real trade talks tho. It was always Brogdon/CJ/Hali type players. Dame not leaving, Beal is on some goofy shyt, so Harden was the only realistic heavyweight.

I'm very high on Harden teaming with Embiid.

I aint worried about our roster construction, that will come with time... I'm thinking about Brooklyn's structure. Remember how Simmons was looking with Belinelli and Ilyasova during that streak? Fast paced offense.

We are trash in rebounding and transition defense bc we have zero athleticism. Im just picturing Simmons grabbing a rebound and pushing with Seth, Durant, and Kyrie. They blowing by nikkas like Tobias, Danny, Furkan, Niang etc.

Its about playstyles

Yeah but how often will he be able to do that? Kyrie and Durant are not catch and shoot guys bro they never have never will. They are not changing their styles because of Ben Simmons.

That shyt will only be effective with the second unit. I would hate to be Steve Nash now because you gotta figure this shyt out. Simmons and Drummond can't play together as well. You are looking at names and just thinking all star shyt.

I won't be surprised if they trade Simmons this offseason.

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
Yeah but how often will he be able to do that? Kyrie and Durant are not catch and shoot guys bro they never have never will. They are not changing their styles because of Ben Simmons.

That shyt will only be effective with the second unit. I would hate to be Steve Nash now because you gotta figure this shyt out. Simmons and Drummond can't play together as well. You are looking at names and just thinking all star shyt.

:laff: this is so wrong at just about every sentence

:laff:

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL

Nash can play him at the 4/5 and be a bootleg Draymond. Durant won rings playing off ball. Simmons cant play with Drummond so they gonna have to stagger lineups. But even as a rental Drummond will destroy Paul/Milsap/Bassey this year on the glass. I want to go all in this year but we need size and athleticism

I dont believe Nash/Kyrie/Simmons personalities will mesh long enough for them to unlock the infinity stones...but if KD somehow can do it

thanos-last-stone.gif

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Nash can play him at the 4/5 and be a bootleg Draymond. Durant won rings playing off ball. Simmons cant play with Drummond so they gonna have to stagger lineups. But even as a rental Drummond will destroy Paul/Milsap/Bassey this year on the glass. I want to go all in this year but we need size and athleticism

I dont believe Nash/Kyrie/Simmons personalities will mesh long enough for them to unlock the infinity stones...but if KD somehow can do it

thanos-last-stone.gif

You can't run another big in the lineup with Simmons unless he start shooting. The playoffs ain't all about fast break transition basketball that shyt don't work. Simmons is not aggressive and can't finish like a Giannis.

Durant and Kyrie buttah is with the ball in their hands especially Kyrie. How are they going to stagger Alrdige minutes as well with Simmons in the lineup.

These dikkriders don't know about Simmons because they don't watch the 76ers. Dude is a liability out there even with the talent of Durant and Kyrie. Nash hands will be full.

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
You can't run another big in the lineup with Simmons unless he start shooting. The playoffs ain't all about fast break transition basketball that shyt don't work. Simmons is not aggressive and can't finish like a Giannis.

Durant and Kyrie buttah is with the ball in their hands especially Kyrie. How are they going to stagger Alrdige minutes as well with Simmons in the lineup.

These dikkriders don't know about Simmons because they don't watch the 76ers. Dude is a liability out there even with the talent of Durant and Kyrie. Nash hands will be full.
I heard one analyst say Ben is a great post player
:mjlol:
He has zero post moves

I think he can excel with BK tho if he sticks to what he does best.
He is still a top 5 creator on the fast break given his size, speed, and court vision.
He can still average his 15, 8, and 8, with 2 steals... not ask for much more

Going to be interesting to see...

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL

Aldridge can extend the floor tho...he can shoot that 18 footer. Im banking on Simmons being a mental midget but we gotta see how they run it.

I got my eyes on these nikkas tho :unimpressed:

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
Aldridge can extend the floor tho...he can shoot that 18 footer. Im banking on Simmons being a mental midget but we gotta see how they run it.

I got my eyes on these nikkas tho :unimpressed:
And that's the biggest question there is... forget his shooting deficiencies

His mentality is everything...
He can go from agressive to taking nights off and fading in the big moments. We saw that in the Toronto series in 2019 and last year with ATL.

I can't be on some "fukk Ben" shyt, Im too much of a fan :russ:
Just sucks he in the same division and conference...