James Harden traded to Philly Ben Simmons to Brooklyn finally

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
which sometimes can be a disaster

If only the rockets had an MVP center that could get easier buckets for them :jbhmm:

ahhh welll

still better than
cJMDPc.gif

Daps
Both teams lost the trade. If Philly had their choice, then they'd rather have Simmons if he could just become an average shooter and free throw shooter and everyone knows it. I'm not going to blame Philly for what happened because they tried to make it work and defended the dude for years when everyone was clamoring for them to shyt on him. It was only so long that they could deal with his bullshyt before they got tired and fed up with it.

What happened is all on Simmons because he wouldn't even try and if he doesn't in Brooklyn, then fans are going to give him the same shyt and criticism than Philly did, which is what caused him to get upset in the first place.
I don’t even know what you’re trying to say with this post, as it isn’t even addressing my point. I don’t even think you know what you’re saying either.

Can we get on record: is Ben Simmons going to be worse for this team than a one-legged Harden? Do the Nets fall even further into basketball damnation by making this trade?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I don’t even know what you’re trying to say with this post, as it isn’t even addressing my point. I don’t even think you know what you’re saying either.

Can we get on record: is Ben Simmons going to be worse for this team than a one-legged Harden? Do the Nets fall even further into basketball damnation by making this trade?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

From an offense standpoint, the answer is yes. They will be fine in the regular season, but if he won't even try to shoot in the playoffs then it's the same issues that Philly has been experienced. You're full of it if you sit here and try and insist otherwise.

That nikka is going to have to try and shoot regardless.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
i haven't read much into the technical details of this deal, but can i put my tinfoil hat on to ask if the NBA purposely put this trade on hold until deadline day in order to have a major trade go down at the deadline for headline/conversation purposes...to avoid yet another trade deadline being a dud after all the chitter chatter bullshyt that happens each year?

:jbhmm:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
i haven't read much into the technical details of this deal, but can i put my tinfoil hat on to ask if the NBA purposely put this trade on hold until deadline day in order to have a major trade go down at the deadline for headline/conversation purposes...to avoid yet another trade deadline being a dud after all the chitter chatter bullshyt that happens each year?

:jbhmm:
giphy.webp

:pachaha:

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
Not dying on any hill where you’re using All-Star selections as some kind of meaningful measurement. Ben already has Wiggins beat there.

If Ben’s heart pumps Kool-Aid, then Harden’s pumps that shyt when your moms can’t afford no Kool-Aid, so she just throws a bunch of sugar in some water and mixes it around and tells you it’s the Invisible flavor.

My guy…Harden even with his playoff failures never had a meltdown like Ben had in the Hawks series. Maybe it changes in Brooklyn where they don’t expect him to do anything but he’s not even close to Harden. He’s a better defender and that’s about all I can give him..

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I’ve seen reports saying he ready to go and nets are almost about to drop to 9th seed. Idk what drugs Nash is smoking but if that light skin nikka is “excited” and “happy” get his ass in a uniform immediately

He hasn’t played in 10 months he needs to get in game shape he can’t just hop up out of bed and play immediately. Also interesting that Harden is trash now after your embarrassing thread early this week :heh:

Daps
From an offense standpoint, the answer is yes. They will be fine in the regular season, but if he won't even try to shoot in the playoffs then it's the same issues that Philly has been experienced. You're full of it if you sit here and try and insist otherwise.

That nikka is going to have to try and shoot regardless.
I’m insisting that Ben and the accompanying pieces put this team in a better position to win a championship. It seems you’re arguing otherwise on some false belief that what Harden was giving them was of greater importance and impact, which couldn’t be further from the truth.

The pieces that BK got in this trade give them more of a balance (which they desperately were in need of), they strengthen areas they were previously weak in, and they allow both KD and Kyrie to sacrifice less of their games because they don’t need to adjust for someone who dominates the ball more than anyone else in the league. And last but not least, they also get rid of the player that was draining their energy and didn’t want to be there (simple addition by subtraction).

Something would need to go horribly wrong for them to end up in a worse position then they were previously to the trade.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I’m insisting that Ben and the accompanying pieces put this team in a better position to win a championship. It seems you’re arguing otherwise on some false belief that what Harden was giving them was of greater importance and impact, which couldn’t be further from the truth.

The pieces that BK got in this trade give them more of a balance (which they desperately were in need of), they strengthen areas they were previously weak in, and they allow both KD and Kyrie to sacrifice less of their games because they don’t need to adjust for someone who dominates the ball more than anyone else in the league. And last but not least, they also get rid of the player that was draining their energy and didn’t want to be there (simple addition by subtraction).

Something would need to go horribly wrong for them to end up in a worse position then they were previously to the trade.

It doesn't matter because come play off time teams are going to adjust and scheme to make Simmons try to beat them at the free throw line. You're bugging if you sit here and insist otherwise because at the end of the day that point isn't going to change.

Simmons is going to have to try and shoot at some point regardless of the team or pieces around him especially if he insists on playing PG with the ball in his hands. As I've said before, all he needs to be is be just average enough not to be a complete offensive liability on the floor that teams will blatantly try to expose.

I say this as someone that has defended the dudes for years even when people have tried saying that he can't shoot. He can as we've seen him do it before, but for whatever reason he chooses not to do so in live games.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
And to add miss me with the defensive aspect because all I heard earlier this season was how defensively great the nets were(when fully healthy) and they just needed the 3 to do their thing. Well now one of them is coming off injury, one is unreliable, and one is officially gone. But I’m sure Seth whose shooting from the perimeter has fallen off will replace that :heh:

Last edited: