James Harden traded to Philly Ben Simmons to Brooklyn finally

Daps
I don't know where all these open shots going to come from when his man just sags off of him because hes useless outside of 8 feet lol
I think you’re underestimating his ability to generate offense for those around him, particularly when he’s surrounded by perimeter threats, and not forced to play alongside a big man who exists from the elbows down.

Running the break; operating as the PnR ball handler and as the roll-man; finding the open man from the post; cutting and diving down the lane. If you give him floor spacers (which the Nets have plenty of) he’ll give you high quality looks in any type of situation. The problem with the Nets this season whenever Harden initiated from the top, is that he’d grind the offense down to a halt, spamming the same action (which didn’t have a whole lot of success and hindered Kyrie’s game), which resulted in the Nets not being able to build any momentum and maximise runs. Ben’s youth, size and energy is going to bring a different and greater dimension to their offense, which is only going to benefit them in the long run.

He’s far from perfect and his flaws aren’t going to miraculously go away, but once he gets into game-shape and finds his feet, he’ll bring things to this team that Harden could never dream of replicating.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
With his inability to even try and shoot while being a below average free throw shooter, the answer is yes. Simmons is a complete offensive liability on the floor and teams are going to continue hunting him until he learns how to at least be an average shooter.

For all of James Hardens flaws, at least he isn't out there on the floor scared to shoot.

which sometimes can be a disaster

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The video I sent was stupid cause they left what worked for them in the first half and resorted to jacking up threes the second half

The point is that all people are asking Ben Simmons to do is at least try to be a jump shooter to keep the defense on their toes and if he can't do it, then he just can't do it. He's made the situation into a bigger deal than it had to be and if he doesn't try in Brooklyn, then it's going to be the same situation in Philly all over again.

If he insists on wanting to play PG, then that's going to require him to try and shoot.

Daps
At least he tries, which is more than you can say about Simmons.
What kind of effort did Harden give on defense? Did he try? Did he even attempt to provide anything of worth on that end of the floor when the Nets were struggling?

Did Harden try in any other facet of the game when he didn’t have the ball in his hands?

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
The point is that all people are asking Ben Simmons to do is at least try to be a jump shooter to keep the defense on their toes and if he can't do it, then he just can't do it. He's made the situation into a bigger deal than it had to be and if he doesn't try in Brooklyn, then it's going to be the same situation in Philly all over again.

If he insists on wanting to play PG, then that's going to require him to try and shoot.

I think his shooting issues works out with KD and Irving

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
What kind of effort did Harden give on defense? Did he try? Did he even attempt to provide anything of worth on that end of the floor when the Nets were struggling?

Did Harden try in any other facet of the game when he didn’t have the ball in his hands?

I've mentioned a few post ago that Harden has flaws, but I'm speaking particularly when it comes to offense. James Harden is worse on defense than Simmons. Tell us something that we don't already know?