Jamaicans tell the truth on how Black Americans gave them rhyming, and two turntables

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
those dusty beach dancers were breakdancing longer than ados.
you didn't start break dancin until Porto Rican came to the bronx,
your rhythm comes from West Africans, just like them PR
I'm not from Nigeria but your ancestors are :umad:
pay homage
Breakdancing means dancing over breaks, and no, the "nikka twins" were the first known breakdancers.
They most definitely weren't puerto ricans.
https://hip-hop-music.fandom.com/wiki/The_nikka_Twins

Africa didn't have record players for breakbeats.
That footage was taken in modern times, and you can find 1920s black people doing the same dances.
Film was invented in America. We were the first black people on film.
We invented breakbeats and dancing to them. I don't care about dusty beaches, and Nigeria didn't exist when my ancestors were brought over to the US after being sold by Queens and Kings for watered down rum, bullets, and mirrors.

truth2you

All Star
Daps
See, more misinformation

Puerto Rican’s such as “Rocksteady Crew” are the second generation of breakdancing, blacks were the first. Zulu kings were the first breaking crew, but as they got older they started going to nightclubs. Nightclubs back then was all about dressing up, so getting on the floor was a no no! That’s why all the popular dances outside of hip hop was uprocking

that is why hip hop is associated with young people

It goes deeper, but please know what you’re talking bout before making claims. I know ya trying to dis one person, but by lying on something like this, ya dissing all of us

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Breakdancing means dancing over breaks, and no, the "nikka twins" were the first known breakdancers.
They most definitely weren't puerto ricans.
https://hip-hop-music.fandom.com/wiki/The_nikka_Twins

Africa didn't have record players for breakbeats.
That footage was taken in modern times, and you can find 1920s black people doing the same dances.
Film was invented in America. We were the first black people on film.
We invented breakbeats and dancing to them. I don't care about dusty beaches, and Nigeria didn't exist when my ancestors were brought over to the US after being sold by Queens and Kings for watered down rum, bullets, and mirrors.
you know damn well I was talking about the dancing itself and not the music. ados didn't influence africans to move like that.

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
you know damn well I was talking about the dancing itself and not the music. ados didn't influence africans to move like that.
The dancing and music go together, and that's not breakdancing, it's just nikkas rolling around on a beach.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
The dancing and music go together, and that's not breakdancing, it's just nikkas rolling around on a beach.
there's usually always music being played when africans are dancing on a beach.it's not just "rolling around
it's with live drums and singing, not just dudes talking on a record like breakdancers...

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
there's usually always music being played when africans are dancing on a beach.it's not just "rolling around
it's with live drums and singing, not just dudes talking on a record like breakdancers...
The only people that "talked on records" were jamaicans copying african american radio announcers.
Breakdancers danced to breakbeats and soul singers.
That ritual on the beach didn't involve music at all, the original video was something else entirely different.
Stop trying to FORCE commonalities. It's over.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
The only people that "talked on records" were jamaicans copying african american radio announcers.
Breakdancers danced to breakbeats and soul singers.
That ritual on the beach didn't involve music at all, the original video was something else entirely different.
Stop trying to FORCE commonalities. It's over.
only you would think africans would just be rolling round on dirt with no music

where's the original video?

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
your rhythm comes from West Africans, just like them PR
I'm not from Nigeria but your ancestors are :umad:
pay homage

:stopitslime:

bboying, rapping and beatboxing from the 1930s/1940s in ONE CLIP!

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
See, more misinformation

Puerto Rican’s such as “Rocksteady Crew” are the second generation of breakdancing, blacks were the first. Zulu kings were the first breaking crew, but as they got older they started going to nightclubs. Nightclubs back then was all about dressing up, so getting on the floor was a no no! That’s why all the popular dances outside of hip hop was uprocking

facts....OG Rican bboys from before Rocksteady Crew admit to this:

repost

6IrXm8F.jpg

earliest bboys was like 71 ever before Herc which he acknowledges but they were dancing the the whole record before breakbeat specific, djing caught on

next were between 71 and 73 between Herc's and Dj Smokey's crowd since they had many of the same dancers (nikka twins, OG Clark kent)

disco king mario's chuck chuck city crew bboys

then 74-75 you had the Zulu Kings

The Mighty Zulu Kingz was established in 1973. They were to be the official bboy crew for the Zulu Nation. This concept came about due to the fact that the five brothers, who helped Afrika Bambaataa organize The Zulu Nation, WERE ALL BBOYS! They were known as the Zulu Kings. The “FOUNDING 5″ of Zulu Kings helped Afrika Bambaataa start a small movement in his tenement housing projects called “The Bronx River Organization”, which in time was changed to “The Organization”, and eventually renamed to “Zulu Nation”, which is the name the organization still uses today. The “FOUNDING 5″ members of Zulu Kings are: AMAD HENDERSON, AZIZ JACKSON, SHAKA REED, KUSA STOKES, and ZAMBU LANER. Amad Henderson still helps lead the Zulu Nation global organization, now refer to as “Universal Zulu Nation”. He is still a huge influence on MZK, and how the group operates today. Also, he is 1 of 2 consultants to Alien Ness, who is the current President of MZK.

As time went on, Zulu Kings became bigger with a household name for the BBoy dance style that was known by many terms; “Boi-yoing”, “Breaking”, “Go Off”, “BBoying”, or “Breakdancing” (media term). Eleven members of Zulu Kings made this possible; they were known as the “FIRST 11″. In 1975, they help create the B-Boy boom in the Bronx. The streets were buzzing about the new dance form that the Zulu Kings were doing. They were a force to be reckoned with in an era of social parties known in the streets as “Jams”. The “FIRST 11″ Zulu Kings are: BEAVER, ROBBIE ROB, CHOLLY ROCK, SWANE, POW WOW, MARCUS, JAZZY JAY, SUNDANCE, LITTLE KEITH, AFRIKA ISLAM, and G.L.O.B.E. Out of the “FIRST 11″, Beaver was the most well-known member, and became the first BBoy to get the Ghetto Celebrity status. Many of the original moves that create the blueprint for the BBoy dance style started with these 11 members, including SPORADIC FOOTWORK STYLE, HEAD SPINS, BACK SPINS, CHAIR FREEZE, BABY FREEZE, BASIC TOP ROCK STYLES, and the ever so popular and most imitated, AROUND THE WORLD SPINS & ZULU SPINS.

As the years went by, all the original Zulu Kings started to fade. Afrika Islam started to DJ, as well as Jazzy Jay. Pow Wow, G.L.O.B.E., and Biggs became The Soul Sonic Force. Sundance and Trouble maintained Chapter 2 of the Zulu Nation, and of course BBoy was getting “PLAYED OUT” by 1979.

In 1981, Zulu Kings have a new life in the form of “Rock Steady Crew” (the third generation of Zulu Kings, or “Generation 3″ as MZK refers to them). This came about in the winter of 1981, when leading members of the infamous “Rock Steady Crew” asked Afrika Bambaataa if they could be members of Zulu Kings. Afrika Bambaataa granted them their wish, and sweetened the pot by allowing all members of Rock Steady Crew to represent Zulu Kings. Many older pictures of Rock Steady Crew show them wearing sweat suits with the words “ROCK STEADY ZULU KINGS”. RSC were part of the first Hip Hop Tour with Afrika Bambaataa, and were given the honor of carrying the tradition of Zulu Kings as a bboy squad, but this time “Boogie Boys” were included. This generation was short lived, and by the mid 1990’s only 4 people were honorably representing Zulu Kings. Those dancers were Frosty Freeze (R.I.P.), Pop Master Fabel, Mr. Wiggles, and the newly added member Alien Ness, who eventually went on to be the President of MZK. Pop Master Fabel is the second consultant to Alien Ness, and is referred to as “GodFather” to the 4th generation of MZK.

early 80's as the point when more latinos came in has been confirmed by Cholly Rock

and Beaver

2010 video from mr wiggles on him

2011 board post asking about Beaver

I'd really like to know what has happened to the legendary B-Boy Beaver from the Mighty Zulu Kings! In the movie "The Freshest Kids" Mr.Wiggles states :" You couldn't find any bigger name in B-Boying than Beaver, period!!! " From what I understand he was the first true King of B-Boying in the Mid 1970ies, even before Spy ( The Crazy Commanders )got in the game. Like 2 months ago I contacted a legendary bboy via MySpace and asked him a couple of questions on B-Boy History. I was so happy and surprised when he gave me his phone number and allowed me to have 3 extremely informative conversations with him.( Much blessings ) He told me about the special rank that the Mighty Zulu Kings hold in Hiphop History and also confirmed that Beaver was the first king of this dance. So now I am wondering what has happened to him. Is he still alive? Does anybody in this forum know what he is doing nowadays and wether there is a chance to contact him? Yo Ness, you know I got nothing but the deepest respect for you and your exalted crew...do you have any information on what Beaver is doing nowadays???? To me it's sad somehow that all these great B-Boys from the 70ies are being generally overlooked and each and everybody focuses only on RSC. Don't get me wrong I got mad love for RSC but I feel that people like Beaver, Robbie Rob,Vinnie, Bos, Trac 2, Batch, Abbey,Shorty, Spy, Lil Carlos etc. should definetely get more recognition from the worldwide Hiphop Community. Like KRS-One said in his book "Ruminations" it is definetely time that somebody steps up and preserves the true History of all the Hiphop Elements because otherwise there will soon be a day when the mass media and the entertainment industry tells us what our true history is and to which rules we should stick to. I'm sure that the above mentioned pioneers could still enlighten us all with their enormous wisdom and insight on the dance called B-Boying because back in their era the B-Boys actually lived this shyt to the fullest, back before it was all about artificial tournaments and acting like deaf retards with helmets on. So, pleaaaaaaaaaasee let us know what's up with Beaver!!!

WHERE IS BEAVER .. ORIGINAL BBOY FROM THE 1970'S

2017 video below

^^cholly rock, closer to 2nd generation talks about him above

actual Beaver interview from 2018 where he flat out says Ricans started coming more into Bboying by the early 80's right when he retired.

Beaver.jpg

Beaver (The Little Zulu Kings)

NORIN RAD:"Oh, okay! But I have heard that you and a guy called Peanut once looked for a Puerto Rican B-Boy called Vinnie from the Sal Soul Crew at a swimming pool on Crotona Avenue back in 1975 and that you were defeated by him."

BEAVER:"That's been made up! I have never been defeated and I don't know who Vinnie is or who Peanut is and I have never danced against anybody by those names and again... most of those guys came in after...way after I stopped B-Boying in 1980. What I see in that is a lot of people want street credit. They feel if they mention my name and say they defeated me or taught me or what have you..they think that people will respect them and give them that credit that they think they deserve."

Castles In The Sky

The guy below and his brother came right before Rock Steady Crew, more towards the late 70's. They were the 1st PR bboy crew.

SIR NORIN RAD:"Willie Will (legendary Puerto Rican B-Boy from Rockwell Association) told me about how we was introduced to that original Black B-Boy Style of dancing which you referred to as The Go Off in 1976 by a B-Boy called Chopper that was down with the Zulu Nation. What was the relationship between TBB and the Zulu Nation? Was there any kind of contact at all?"

ABY:"Again, I was younger. I was too young to even understand the difference between Black and Puerto Rican. But to my brothers...to the older guys there was a barrier....there was a line between Blacks and Latinos. I mean look at the gangs back then...the Black Spades were all black and then you had the Ghetto Brothers which were all Latinos....so there was a division at first. I remember the Zulu Kings only from late 1976/77 that's when we really got involved. That's also when Batch had his meeting with the Zulu Nation..1977. TBB and members of the Zulu Nation they used to have rumbles.....they would fight against each other. Whatever jam they went to they would rumble. If there was a jam and TBB was chilling there and all of a sudden some one threw hands Batch would summon TBB Joe's division who was known as the warlord division meaning thay handled all the rumbles or one on one fight make sure no one jumped in !! . One of the first black DJs that I ever met was Lay Lay. He was from Fun PM City Crew and they was all black but they was kool cause they were from the block.We never had problems in 129 Mapes Pool. Lay Lay would get cutting and we would start dancing !! Back then we danced more with the girls than against each other .. But when we heard "It's Just Begun" or Babe Ruth "Mexican" or "Bongo Rock"... forget about it! Floor rockers hit the flooooorrrrrrr,!!! Cypher set and battles was for respect not money .. You had to be there to truly understand and smell the air and feel the excitement when the cat you was battling burned you the last time and you been practicing all week long for the moment you let it all out on the concrete ... Damn miss em days ."

DJ Lay Lay & The Fun City Crew rocking with The L-Brothers and The Mercedes Ladies in 1979

SIR NORIN RAD:"So you're saying there was a lot of tension between TBB and members the Zulu Nation?"

ABY:"There was! There was a lot of tension out there."

SIR NORIN RAD:"And all that beef was squashed at that meeting?"

ABY:"Batch had his meeting with Bam at the Webster projects on Zulu Nation turf in 1977. After that meeting they squashed it. I don't know how come Bam never spoke of this because it's such an important part of the history. It identifies with unity between Latinos and Blacks. So I don't know why he never acknowledged it."

Castles In The Sky

so, Rock steady crew is the one group that really put Ricans into the mix (1980s) but before that, you had the TBB Crew in the late 70's that first tried to get Ricans into the mix through Bambaatta.

nail in the coffin from Crazy Legs himself:

Crazy Legs @ :48 secs "We called that the moreno style..and moreno in spanish means black, and that's the original style of bboying"

@ :19 sec to 1:06...

@ :24 "The hispanic took to the dance, it was no longer only an AfroAmerican dance"... Rican dude is telling you right there the first bboys and originators of the dance he saw were black and then Ricans picked up on it after the fact

Last edited:

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
Hip hop = African American Music. That's it

But I do agree that break dancing or early forms of break dancing is something Africans brought with them through slavery.

The nigerian girl in the 1950's has no clue about nikkas on tv in the 1930's lol So yeah you could say early break dancing is african. What it turned into later is AA

Somebody

All Star
Daps
Louisiana, Georgia, Florida, and the Carolinas have very strong Caribbean cultures.

ADOS harbors some of the dumbest ppl who don’t understand simple geography, politics, and business.

Ados is basically a group full of Joe Rogans.