Jamaican dancehall culture IS what American hip-hop culture wants to be...

Kanika

Rookie
Daps
Hiphop came from Dancehall.
No it didn't. Bobby Robinson is the first hip hop producer. Bobby Robinson started Enjoy and Sugarhill record label. Which are the first hip hop record label and produce the first hip hop songs. Hip hop musically started in late 1970s and early 1980s with artists like Sugarhill Gang, Funky Four + One, The Crash Crew, Sequence, Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five, The Treacherous Three, Doug E. Fresh, Spoonie Gee, and others. These artists use Funk and Soul music in their songs more than Dancehall. I'm sorry, but HIP HOP is a Black American Art form.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
cats really thinking black american people and more importantly black american music had the whole "American machine" behind it from jump street. Every single one of our genres including hip hop had extremely grassroots beginnings

Even Rock and Roll was 10-15 years old when white teens/people first got wind of it and it became american pop

thernbroom

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: come on breh 90% of posters on this site is running around with white names you really think they know their history

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F

:shaq:Oh lawd..jeezus Christ ..RUB A DUB music di foundation of it all........regardless what a puzzyhole wikpedia geek may claim and call!!!!!

TWO TURNTABLE dat is HIP HOP....ONE TURNTABLE...dat is RUB A DUB!!!!!!!!......Di foundation from which dem come from"- Dennis Emmanuel Brown

Reggae05.jpg

Jah-Stitch-U03747.jpg

MI0002095411.jpg

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F

I love the fact that you @IllmaticDelta relies on Wikpedia and Youtube tutorials on early hip hop to validate your claims....

because you was NEVER there ...never seen FLASH or a Red Alert spin live nor have u ever been to a Jamaican sound system ......

just a third party historical fukkbwoi

I can back my CLAIMS ...

cause IVE BEEN THERE AND SEEN THE LEGENDS IN BOTH GENRES and concentrate on the PARALLEL THINGS they have in common

instead of thier differences

like your PSUEDO scholarship azz

got me wondering ARE U EVEN BLACK?

Yo...WHAT COLOR IS YOUR MOTHER???
:lolbron:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I love the fact that you @IllmaticDelta relies on Wikpedia and Youtube tutorials on early hip hop to validate your claims....

because you was NEVER there ...never seen FLASH or a Red Alert spin live nor have u ever been to a Jamaican sound system ......

I can back my CLAIMS ...

cause IVE BEEN THERE AND SEEN THE LEGENDS IN BOTH GENRES and concentrate on the PARALLEL THINGS they have in common

You seem awfully ashamed of your own (Jamaican) culture.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

I can back my CLAIMS ...

Dog, I schooled you here over year ago:troll:

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/fact...as-pimps-down-south.62884/page-2#post-8953169

and then you later tried copping pleas:mjlol:

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/is-i...s-born-in-jamaica.300575/page-9#post-12759511

Last edited: