Jamaican dancehall culture IS what American hip-hop culture wants to be...

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
thats all that needs to be said,thats the problem with our race nikkaz cant just unite the cultures one always gotta be "better" than another :snoop:
Not really.
Black America is content with letting globally appropriated "other" blacks culture be all it can be
This is not reciprocated with our culture
Our nwa american culture has to be "black" All encompassing of the entire diaspora
We vouch for them more than they do for us

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
The fact you start off with red alert and flash shows you dont know what the fukk your talking about
A man who claims to know the science of hip hop who probably doesnt even know who Disco King Mario is from Bronxdale projects
My family is from the bronx and was there, im from the bronx and everything @IllmaticDelta saying is legit

first off....let's be clear NEW YAWWWK

I AM TRI STATE BORN AND BRED :ufdup:

My first apartment when I moved out my mom's crib was located on 166 and Washington in the BX!!

I am 41 years of age......ran with godbodies and rastas

grew up idolizing DJ RED ALERT on KISS FM and had the pleasure of seeing him live at the Palladium. ......just as I was fortunate to see Grandmaster Flash one evening at the Apollo

SO DON'T QUESTION MY PEDIGREE...

I'm a grown ass man with his Own OPINION of how I see the origins of hip hop based on MY EXPERIENCES AND PERSPECTIVES

As for the YOUTH @IllmaticDelta we just have a different take on this.....and all his Wikipedia submissions and third party accounts don't mean I have to accept them

bias yes.....but I didn't get disrespectful till I seen him go OUT OF HIS WAY TO DENY THE CONTRIBUTION of JAMAICAN CARRIBRAN CULTURE

THAT'S WHAT I GOT A PROBLEM WITH

IT AINT NO COPPING PLEAS WHEN I SAY ITS ALL BLACK MUSIC

CAUSE ITS THE TRUTH

but what I see in ILLMATICDELTA is some SELF HATING C00NERY by stating Jamaica sound system culture is INFERIOR to hip hop turntable

da fukk :wtf:

HE IS A STRAIGHT UP PORCH MONKEY FOR SAYING THAT. ...IF HE CANT SEE THE IMPRORTANT BOND HIP HOP AND DANCEHALL SHARE

THEN FUKK HIM AND EVERYBODY INCLUDING U WHO THINK LIKE HIM

:camby:

bunch of WILLIE LYNCH PORCH MONKEYS speaking out of SEF HATING IGNORANCE

WE ALL ARE ONE

African Americans got influenced by the dreaded rastas to wear DREADS....

so many DANCE STYLES from JAMAICA have been,incorporated into HIP HOP

SO LETS CELEBRATE THE BOND,INSTEADNOF THIS DIVIDE AND CONQUER Illmaticdelta is doing

CAUSE ITS NOT HAPPENING ON MY WATCH. ....

AND IF YOU GOTTA PROBLEM,WITH IT HOLLA AT ME....PM ME...HELL WE CAN LINK UP......I've been in NYC since the labor day carnival on,labor day

I'm here till thanksgiving. .

link up ...BUT BE RESPECTFUL. ..

:obama:

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
Not really.
Black America is content with letting globally appropriated "other" blacks culture be all it can be
This is not reciprocated with our culture
Our nwa american culture has to be "black" All encompassing of the entire diaspora
We vouch for them more than they do for us

see this what I'm talm bout?

FUKK U MEAN BY "THEM"?!?!?

SO C00NFACE YOU ANTI CARRIBEAN? !?!?!

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

As for the YOUTH @IllmaticDelta we just have a different take on this.....and all his Wikipedia submissions and third party accounts don't mean I have to accept them

bias yes.....but I didn't get disrespectful till I seen him go OUT OF HIS WAY TO DENY THE CONTRIBUTION of JAMAICAN CARRIBRAN CULTURE

THAT'S WHAT I GOT A PROBLEM WITH

IT AINT NO COPPING PLEAS WHEN I SAY ITS ALL BLACK MUSIC

CAUSE ITS THE TRUTH

Dog, there is nothing Carib/Jamaica/West Indian culturally or aesthetically about Rap or HipHop's origins. To quote Potier

Herc didnt create MCing

Herc didnt create sampling

Herc didn't create the 808

Herc didn't create beat boxing or break dancing

Herc didn't create bombing/graffiti

Herc wasn't THE fashion trendsetter

All he did was isolate breaks from American disco

Now whats Jamaican about rap?

but what I see in ILLMATICDELTA is some SELF HATING C00NERY

:russell:

by stating Jamaica sound system culture is INFERIOR to hip hop turntable

da fukk :wtf:

It is what it is....:youngsabo:

HE IS A STRAIGHT UP PORCH MONKEY FOR SAYING THAT. ...IF HE CANT SEE THE IMPRORTANT BOND HIP HOP AND DANCEHALL SHARE

THEN FUKK HIM AND EVERYBODY INCLUDING U WHO THINK LIKE HIM

I see the bond alright..........Afram roots culture:pachaha: many online Jamaicans are slick with that similarity comparison because they think HipHop came from Dancehall when the truth is Dancehall music is rooted in Afram practices/traditions but evolved on it's own path in Jamaica while the same roots in America paved the way for HipHop:mjpls:

bunch of WILLIE LYNCH PORCH MONKEYS speaking out of SEF HATING IGNORANCE

WE ALL ARE ONE

:childplease:

African Americans got influenced by the dreaded rastas to wear DREADS....

so many DANCE STYLES from JAMAICA have been,incorporated into HIP HOP

:mjpls:

SO LETS CELEBRATE THE BOND,INSTEADNOF THIS DIVIDE AND CONQUER Illmaticdelta is doing

ebPfGJG.png

i knew i wasn't the only one feeling this way:jawalrus:

Selector DAVID RODIGAN said the same thing like a prophet , many years ago ...that the a "nasty vibe is developing" in dancehall coming from the rap movement that many dancehall artists are seeking to assimilate into...

the yankee influence pon dancehall reggae has always been thier to some degree, but now it's basically HIJACKED the unique cultural aspects as well..

got all these Dancehall Artists out here acting like a bunched of FLAMBOYANT ASS PIRATE RAPPERS......

i just knew the genre was shot to hell, once i heard of cats like MUNGA "the Gangsta Rasta"

like wtf?!?:why:

i guess Babylon eventually got what it wanted...the emasculating suppression of a musical genre that was designed to fight the establishment :bustback:

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/thes...ehall-music-contains.15297/page-2#post-584342

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn, y'all going at it!

For me, I love both cultures, but I know who did what, and give each props. I just don't like when people start reaching with history, even though the people who did it are still alive and tell you how it was.

BTW, michaelwaynetv uploaded another video, and it showed how krs-one is wrong about bambatta uniting all the gangs in nyc, being head of the black spades, and grandmaster flash creating the fader on a mixer. Krs was my favorite rapper, but he got his facts wrong. Plus, I always thought flash was the first to use a cue system, not fader, but that is wrong also because the gli 3800 mixer had a cueing system! I don't know what is the truth when it comes to some of hip hop history if I just go by what media tells us.

Anyway, these videos should be watched to learn the truth from those who helped create hip hop.

Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Damn, y'all going at it!

For me, I love both cultures, but I know who did what, and give each props. I just don't like when people start reaching with history, even though the people who did it are still alive and tell you how it was.

BTW, michaelwaynetv uploaded another video, and it showed how krs-one is wrong about bambatta uniting all the gangs in nyc, being head of the black spades, and grandmaster flash creating the fader on a mixer. Krs was my favorite rapper, but he got his facts wrong. Plus, I always thought flash was the first to use a cue system, not fader, but that is wrong also because the gli 3800 mixer had a cueing system! I don't know what is the truth when it comes to some of hip hop history if I just go by what media tells us.

Anyway, these videos should be watched to learn the truth from those who helped create hip hop.

:jawalrus: that youtube channel is piff