Jamaican dancehall culture IS what American hip-hop culture wants to be...

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Ski you mad about something?:lolbron::mjlol:

tEqpMmD.png

Sound system selecting being inferior to HipHop turntabilism got you salty:pachaha:

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
Ski you mad about something?:lolbron::mjlol:

tEqpMmD.png

Sound system selecting being inferior to HipHop turntabilism got you salty:pachaha:

me Salty??? :russ:

more like YOUR JEALOUS of me being the product of a healthy cultural mix of CARRIBEAN and AFRICAN AMERICAN HERITAGE. .....

So as a native of the Tri state area who moved down south during college ....

I appreciate the contributions of all BLACK ICONS from the Mississippi Delta to the Bronx River Projects back down to Trenchtown Jamaica....

more than u can ever relate to cause I've seen many legends that you can only READ about live..... I.e (Rakim...Roy Ayers...Stone Love...Bobby Blue Bland...Nas. ...Afrika Bambatta...Stone Love....P.E ....Beenie Man) just to name a few

you wish u had my lifestyle and linege :dame:

in my world NONE IS BETTER THAN THE OTHER. ....AS COMMON SAY...black music is black music...

only a SELF HATING C00N or CONDESCENDING CRAKKKER like yourself would do a compare and contrast and divide and label shyt... :camby:

that's why I ask u the question SIR...

WHAT COLOR IS YO MOTHER???

SIMPLE QUESTION just answer it without giving us a Wikepedia summary :manny:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

Yes, YOU!!!!!!!!!

more like YOUR JEALOUS of me being the product of a healthy cultural mix of CARRIBEAN and AFRICAN AMERICAN HERITAGE. .....

You're Jamaican...since when was Afram part of the mix:beli:

I appreciate the contributions of all BLACK ICONS from the Mississippi Delta to the Bronx River Projects back down to Trenchtown Jamaica....

more than u can ever relate to cause I've seen many legends that you can only READ about live..... I.e (Rakim...Roy Ayers...Stone Love...Bobby Blue Bland...Nas. ...Afrika Bambatta...Stone Love....P.E ....Beenie Man) just to name a few

in my world NONE IS BETTER THAN THE OTHER. ....AS COMMON SAY...black music is black music...

You're saying that after the the fact I came through and crushed your opinions/hopes...It wasn't that long ago you was saying..

True.....

KING TUBBY the father of the REMIX

SOUNDSYSTEMS the father of TURNTABILISIM

DUKE REID and COXSONE DODD the fathers of BATTLING

SKA MUSIC the father of the PUNK/SKA/DUB sound

RUB A DUB the father of HIP HOP....

and GANGSTA RAP courtesy of DENNIS ALCAPONE and JOSEY WALES

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/as-a...ation-outside-of-the-usa.164703/#post-6197045

bugs please take your medication... :shaq2:

"thier would be no HIP HOP without JAMAICAN MUSIC CULTURE!"

Jamaican Deejays would Toast (rap) on the mic while the selector (turntabilist) would spin a dub riddem (instrumental track) matter of fact Kool Herc had a crew of mic men (m.c's) whom were referred to themselves as TOASTERS......which was basically the root of the chants and poetic slogans i.e (say hoe....everybody scream!) that would lead to modern day rapping in the MC style...

Rub-a-Dub_Style-front-cover.jpg

and keep in mind...all this was taking place in Jamaica , 20 years prior to what Rudy Ray Moore was doing in those blackexploitation flicks and stageshows.....men like Count Matchuki , Lord Comic, Dennis Alcapone, U Roy, Jah Stitch aka Uglyman were toasting or as the yankees say RAPPING along to vinyl being spun..that my friend is the DIRECT LINK and BIRTH OF HIP HOP.

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/fact...they-was-pimps-down-south.62884/#post-2315848

You wanted what you were posting to be so true (HipHop having it's roots in jamaica) that youwere saying shyt like

bugs you fukking MORON..your title said FIRST RAPPERS...

one of the first rappers in the bx was the HERCULOIDS with COKE A LA ROC...who was a JAMAICAN .....Grandmaster Caz, Kid Creole another west indian and many other BRONX RAPPERS were influenced by these dudes....

stop acting like you dropping science , cause your monkey a$$ tries to seek enlightment via YOUTUBE VIDEOS....

pick up a book or go visit oldschoolhiphop.com and do some real research....

thier were jamaican soundsystems all over the BX....downbeat operated by the legendary Tony Screw in the 70's was bringing mad jamaican mic men to the bx...and they had a tremendous influence on the early hip hop scene

unfortunatly , alot of the journalists love to romanticize hip hop as being this american born & bred phenomenon, because they have a lack of knowledge of Pan African history and how all of this shyt goes back to the griots (poets) of west africa whom brought forth alot of thier culture to the carribean and plantations and islands off the coast of the carolinas and georgia....

it's BIGGER THAN HIP HOP FOOL......your talking about something that goes back to the "EAST" where the Original Man originates from...

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/fact...as-pimps-down-south.62884/page-2#post-2316496

w/o checking your facts:pachaha:I had to school you then like Im doing now:sas2:

Get your facts right before posting. I mean you did say this:

bugs you fukking MORON..your title said FIRST RAPPERS...

one of the first rappers in the bx was the HERCULOIDS with COKE A LA ROC...who was a JAMAICAN .....

@ :36 sec

"Im not Jamaican...that's Kool Herc. My family is from North Carolina":patrice:

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/as-a...utside-of-the-usa.164703/page-15#post-9063074

Gangsta rap, Horror core rap and Shock rap can all be heard in as far back as 1920's blues songs and even earlier "bad man ballads" also known as "Toasts".

Godfather of Gangsta

"In the red-light district of St Louis in 1895, a pimp shot a man dead in an argument over a hat. The ballad telling the story has been recorded by hundreds of bluesmen and jazzers - and even the Clash. It also helped create modern-day rap. Cecil Brown tells the remarkable tale of Stagolee"

Godfather of Gangsta

7 Songs From Your Grandpa's Day That Would Make Eminem Blush
As they grumble about how rap music is destroying civilization, what they don't mention is that the blues they were listening to in the 30s and 40s could be every bit as violent, sexually explicit and sometimes just downright insane as the worst gangsta rap has to offer. Compared to some of these vintage lyrics the members of N.W.A are levelheaded concerned citizens, and Eminem's a regular damned feminist.

Read more: 7 Songs From Your Grandpa's Day That Would Make Eminem Blush | Cracked.com

the foul language:russ:

only a SELF HATING C00N or CONDESCENDING CRAKKKER like yourself

:camby:
would do a compare and contrast and divide and label shyt... :camby:

Im just setting the record straight.....I've seen the outlandish claims Jamaicans like to make on the internet.... claiming they gave Aframs HipHop and the idea of political/conscious music through reggae
:lolbron::mjlol::russ::scust:

Black..like I already said

:camby:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
True.....

SOUNDSYSTEMS the father of TURNTABILISIM

:mjlol:

lotty summed up jamaican turntabilism here

I just also realized why can't anyone name crews or a bunch of artists who was rapping
Before rap in the states if it started there?. We can name crews and rappers before a record was released.

As far as djing, I never heard of any Jamaican DJ doing backspins, cutting, blends, scratches, chops,etc. All they do is slam records, and literally start the record over. I'm not dissing them because they do those things well but that is nothing like turntablism that we do in the states. These things should be mentioned when people say Jamaica was the home of the creation of hip hop.

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/as-a...utside-of-the-usa.164703/page-18#post-9080016

:obama:

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
OP you're wrong there :whoa:

No dancehall artist lives in the ghetto. It might shock you but some of these guys, including most of the upper class of Ja live in Ultra luxury homes with armed security response/body guard.
:whoa:

Bear with me here...

Most Dancehall stars dont write lyrics...

Most Dancehall stars that claim gangsta...really are.

Most Dancehall artists MUST freestlyle battle each other for respect.

Most dancehall stars still live in the ghetto (Jamaica is a 3rd world country)

When fans dont like an artist or there is a beef over mass approval between fans the artists will get thrown off stage (Follow Di Arrow anyone?)

'Sellout' artists get little home love (Sean Paul's been bottled in Jamaica ... NOT when he did Gimmie The Light...etc. but you know which songs...)

:patrice: feel me?

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
I love the fact that you @IllmaticDelta relies on Wikpedia and Youtube tutorials on early hip hop to validate your claims....

because you was NEVER there ...never seen FLASH or a Red Alert spin live nor have u ever been to a Jamaican sound system ......

just a third party historical fukkbwoi

I can back my CLAIMS ...

cause IVE BEEN THERE AND SEEN THE LEGENDS IN BOTH GENRES and concentrate on the PARALLEL THINGS they have in common

instead of thier differences

like your PSUEDO scholarship azz

got me wondering ARE U EVEN BLACK?

Yo...WHAT COLOR IS YOUR MOTHER???
:lolbron:
The fact you start off with red alert and flash shows you dont know what the fukk your talking about
A man who claims to know the science of hip hop who probably doesnt even know who Disco King Mario is from Bronxdale projects
My family is from the bronx and was there, im from the bronx and everything @IllmaticDelta saying is legit

BigL187

MOPAO
Daps
Reppin
Märsta,Sweden

So as a native of the Tri state area who moved down south during college ....

only a SELF HATING C00N or CONDESCENDING CRAKKKER like yourself would do a compare and contrast and divide and label shyt... :camby:

:wow: Laaaaaawd